test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launching a new season....

sabouma1979sabouma1979 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
on a server that's still going wonky with disconnects and lag issues.... not sure if this is a good idea.... :confused:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What lag and disconnects?

Been playing fine since the first few days of the anniversary, and so have many others...

There is an issue, but it's not affecting the entire player base... Unfortunately I would suspect Cryptic have deadlines, regardless of a portion of the player base experiencing issues, and are required to push ahead by PWE...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • Options
    valianttomevalianttome Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    on a server that's still going wonky with disconnects and lag issues.... not sure if this is a good idea.... :confused:

While Im definitely not happy about the issue. Im not sure how pushing back Season 10 will actually help them in any way. If they have a fix for the issue Im certain theyll push it to Live.
  • Options
    kamuii2kamuii2 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    imruined wrote: »
    What lag and disconnects?

Been playing fine since the first few days of the anniversary, and so have many others...

There is an issue, but it's not affecting the entire player base... Unfortunately I would suspect Cryptic have deadlines, regardless of a portion of the player base experiencing issues, and are required to push ahead by PWE...

Its also cause it has nothing to do with Cryptic. The lag and disconnects are due to a certain internet provider. Ie not Cryptic's fault and shouldn't be their concern.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If a Season launch doesn't have a bunch of problems at the start, then there is something terribly wrong and I mean end of the world wrong. If I recall correctly, a good STO Season launch is one of the signs of the apocalypse.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    kamuii2 wrote: »
    Its also cause it has nothing to do with Cryptic. The lag and disconnects are due to a certain internet provider. Ie not Cryptic's fault and shouldn't be their concern.

Really, so the lag being limited to certain maps and not being experienced anywhere else would the fault of an internet provider? Are they snooping the data and really just hate ISA? ;)
  • Options
    doktormarengodoktormarengo Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You realize that creating new content and maintaining sever stability are two entirely different jobs. Not only that.. they are jobs that require completely different skills and training. So the person making your new content, probably isn't the person responsible for keeping things stable.

Also certain really busy areas like Earth Space doc are just busy right now. That's the reality things will calm down after the new shiny buzz wears off.
  • Options
    sabouma1979sabouma1979 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You realize that creating new content and maintaining sever stability are two entirely different jobs. Not only that.. they are jobs that require completely different skills and training. So the person making your new content, probably isn't the person responsible for keeping things stable.

Also certain really busy areas like Earth Space doc are just busy right now. That's the reality things will calm down after the new shiny buzz wears off.

I wasn't talking about creating the content, I was talking about launching it...
  • Options
    teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Really, so the lag being limited to certain maps and not being experienced anywhere else would the fault of an internet provider? Are they snooping the data and really just hate ISA? ;)

I'm sorry about your woes, but like the above poster, I have virtually no problems on my end. I'm in the sticks of North Carolina on a century link dsl connection too so it's not as though I'm getting the best of the best.
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • Options
    dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The earthquake didn't destroy my house. I don't know why other people are complaining about the earthquake.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    The earthquake didn't destroy my house. I don't know why other people are complaining about the earthquake.

Actually, it's more analogous to "man, an earthquake or something just destroyed my house!" "jeeze man... I didn't even notice an earthquake. I don't doubt you about your house and that sucks, but I live right across town and didn't notice a damn thing."
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    teknesia wrote: »
    I'm sorry about your woes, but like the above poster, I have virtually no problems on my end. I'm in the sticks of North Carolina on a century link dsl connection too so it's not as though I'm getting the best of the best.

If it was an internet issue though, mine or Cryptic's or anywhere between...it would be something experienced with the game as a whole, not limited to specific content within the game and not the most likely content one might expect either. ISA vs. CCA where ISA is punch the wall while CCA is smooth as butter...
  • Options
    imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    teknesia wrote: »
    Actually, it's more analogous to "man, an earthquake or something just destroyed my house!" "jeeze man... I didn't even notice an earthquake. I don't doubt you about your house and that sucks, but I live right across town and didn't notice a damn thing."

Was thinking much the same thing... But in my case I was thinking bigger, as in I'm not feeling that Earthquake on the other side of the planet... Statements like this, and the typically snide 'I have a sandwich, therefore you can't be hungry' statements are also completely pointless, and usually thrown up as nothing more than a poor attempt to silence anyone with a conflicting viewpoint, or experience...

There are so many different variables when it comes to internet latency that it can be near impossible to identify an exact cause, especially when you have the situation where different people, from all parts of the world, are having different experiences...

The fact that I'm experiencing next to no lag all the way over in Australia, yet people in the US are complaining of latency issues, suggests there's alot more to it than the problem simply being something wrong with Cryptics' servers, or even their hosting ISP...

Though I can truely understand the frustrations of severe lagging when playing MMO's, it's not always as simple, and black and white, as people make it out to be and it's not always the MMO's servers that are to blame...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    imruined wrote: »
    Was thinking much the same thing... But in my case I was thinking bigger, as in I'm not feeling that Earthquake on the other side of the planet... Statements like this, and the typically snide 'I have a sandwich, therefore you can't be hungry' statements are also completely pointless, and usually thrown up as nothing more than a poor attempt to silence anyone with a conflicting viewpoint, or experience...

There are so many different variables when it comes to internet latency that it can be near impossible to identify an exact cause, especially when you have the situation where different people, from all parts of the world, are having different experiences...

The fact that I'm experiencing next to no lag all the way over in Australia, yet people in the US are complaining of latency issues, suggests there's alot more to it than the problem simply being something wrong with Cryptics' servers, or even their hosting ISP...

Though I can truely understand the frustrations of severe lagging when playing MMO's, it's not always as simple, and black and white, as people make it out to be and it's not always the MMO's servers that are to blame...

To be fair, I wasn't dismissing the person's claim or anything. Also, not assuming anything entirely on other people's end, but I am from the US so it's not just a US thing or something of that nature. The problem comes about when people just start throwing out wild accusations as to the state of the game when clearly not everyone is affected. I don't want people to suffer lag, because it does suck particularly during an event like Delta Recruitment.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    There will always be someone to try and derail a thread on this forum. Or someone that feels the need to be on the opposite end of a comment.
  • Options
    tigerblade66tigerblade66 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There will always be someone to try and derail a thread on this forum. Or someone that feels the need to be on the opposite end of a comment.

Man, you noticed that too huh?
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Not everybody is going to agree with everything. Shocking, eh?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Not everybody is going to agree with everything. Shocking, eh?

There is no need to disagree on an issue not affecting you. But that seems to be the explicit intent of many who argue with anyone making a complaint.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    There is no need to disagree on an issue not affecting you. But that seems to be the explicit intent of many who argue with anyone making a complaint.

Depends on how they do it. It lets Cryptic know that something isn't universal. It allows folks to go in and try to narrow down what the issue may be. Knowing that somebody is not affected can be helpful to getting the issue resolved for somebody that is affected. But it does depend on how they do it.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    this is the third lag issue thread I have read today and I can only say again, I have no major lag problems, see the other threads for my full comment.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    yet another lag issue thread and I can only repeat, no lag issues here, sorry. or not sorry as the case is for me.

• Options
    dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hm. I find the disconnecting between maps more annoying than lag.
  • Options
    kirkson2kirkson2 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ive never wish lag onto to someone just so you can see how bad it is. All we are saying is we hope our lag problems are fixed before the next launch
    Klingons smell worse than wookies:D
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    does anyone know how the internet works I wonder, let me tell you a story.
    a man is traveling from Cardiff to London to see his uncle, his friend is also going from Cardiff to London to see his uncle but he is using a different route.
    the roads the first man takes is packed full of traffic jams and hold ups and it takes him hours more then it should to make the journey, when he finally gets there he has a right moan at his uncle implying that the bad traffic is his uncles fault and says he should do something to fix it.
    when he speaks to his friend the next day his friend cant understand how there was a problem as his route was almost free of traffic and relatively plain sailing.

what has this got to do with lag issues you might wonder, the route the data from cryptic takes to get to you is not the same as the route it takes to get me, therefore if you are experiencing very bad lag problems and I and others are not its highly unlikely due to a common cause in this case cryptic.
    blaming his uncle for the traffic being bad and expecting him to fix it is wrong as his uncle probably has no idea of what caused the bad traffic or any way of fixing it in any case, the same applies to cryptic they likely have no idea of what the hold up is between their server and your computer and could probably not fix it in any case if its not due to them.

if lag issues were affecting everyone then the chances would be great that it was down to cryptic, as was the case during the anniversary event, if its only affecting a certain number of players but not all then the chances are its not.

• Options
    siruksiruk Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I wish people would read the lag thread before running their mouth. The lag is only in certain maps like ISA for example. If it were an ISP or Internet issue it would not be selective about what map you are on. The issue is with out a doubt a server issue or coding issue on the client side. If you are not having issues you most likely dont play on the maps or in the situations where the issues are occurring.

does anyone know how the internet works I wonder, let me tell you a story.
    a man is traveling from Cardiff to London to see his uncle, his friend is also going from Cardiff to London to see his uncle but he is using a different route.
    the roads the first man takes is packed full of traffic jams and hold ups and it takes him hours more then it should to make the journey, when he finally gets there he has a right moan at his uncle implying that the bad traffic is his uncles fault and says he should do something to fix it.
    when he speaks to his friend the next day his friend cant understand how there was a problem as his route was almost free of traffic and relatively plain sailing.

what has this got to do with lag issues you might wonder, the route the data from cryptic takes to get to you is not the same as the route it takes to get me, therefore if you are experiencing very bad lag problems and I and others are not its highly unlikely due to a common cause in this case cryptic.
    blaming his uncle for the traffic being bad and expecting him to fix it is wrong as his uncle probably has no idea of what caused the bad traffic or any way of fixing it in any case, the same applies to cryptic they likely have no idea of what the hold up is between their server and your computer and could probably not fix it in any case if its not due to them.

if lag issues were affecting everyone then the chances would be great that it was down to cryptic, as was the case during the anniversary event, if its only affecting a certain number of players but not all then the chances are its not.