test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tom Paris face

vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
I'm sorry but if you'd have shown me just the picture and asked me who that is I would not have recognized Tom Paris. Never ever.
Post edited by vocmcp on

Comments

• berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,450 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    vocmcp wrote: »
    I'm sorry but if you'd have shown me just the picture and asked me who that is I would not have recognized Tom Paris. Never ever.

Funny, when I saw a leaked picture, I knew exactly who it was.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    vocmcp wrote: »

i saw the face a few days earlier from that site that doesnt want to be linked to these forums here, so i already knew tom paris was coming, in any event yes, the face looks a little squashed, a little too elongated as well, tom was a little more chubby, some bags under his eyes, serious look to him. i dont see none of that in the sto version.

but as usal, any comments from here never gets noticed, so there it is.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    His face is definitely a bit off, young and old. Somebody goofed. Just look at the wiki page on memory alpha, plenty of reference images there.

Tone down the gaunt and round the chin a little. Increase the lip size a tad bit. If you want to make his 2410 appearance look more authentic, he should be sort of balding as was shown in Endgame. Of course, he might've just took a miracle cure for baldness or something, but whatever. :P
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, poor Tom Paris seems to have met the same face disruption anomaly than Sela and Tasha.
    Kinda scary, I hope I'll never meet one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • valianttomevalianttome Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    His face is definitely a bit off, young and old. Somebody goofed. Just look at the wiki page on memory alpha, plenty of reference images there.

Tone down the gaunt and round the chin a little. Increase the lip size a tad bit. If you want to make his 2410 appearance look more authentic, he should be sort of balding as was shown in Endgame. Of course, he might've just took a miracle cure for baldness or something, but whatever. :P

I think if they had went with the balding that we saw in Endgame a lot of people wouldnt have recognized him.
  • lirokailirokai Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Actually looks more like Robert Patrick to me. Paris-1000!
  • jaymclaughlinjaymclaughlin Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited April 2015
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think the 2410 version is done pretty well. The original doesn’t remind me of Tom Paris on first sight but after mentioning it’s him he at least looks similar.

Will have to see the final results in game to make a decision how good it’s done but so far STO artist did a fine job to bring original Star Trek actors to live in this game.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated