test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

April fools 2016

luddimusluddimus Member Posts: 133 Arc User
Ok, april 1st next year runs on a weekend so why not have a weekend event?
A few people have said they want a desk space avatar and I think this may be possible using shuttle event PVE queues.
Just select a special event shuttle mission, Jumps to the same cutscene:

Briefing room:

Q: "All you senior officers in here I thought you would be behind a desk by now"
Random Toon: "We can't fight the enamy from behind a desk"
Q: "we shall see"

Exit cutscene enter zone.

Accolade complete 'Desk Jocky'

Weekend Doff reward

'Defrocked Q
{space} {epic quality} {omnipotant self savior}
25%chance full hull and shield regen on destruction'
Post edited by luddimus on

Comments

• Options
    xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    can we at least wait till the end of the year before this topic comes up again ... lol

god its like people bring up next years christmas in the january following the previous one lol
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I would do a playable Borg faction for the nest april fools, considering a lot of people asked for it.

Basically, no character customization when you create it. No name either, it's random. After all, individuality and borgs.... yeah right.
    Then, a single map, the interior of some random cub/sphere. All you do for the entire day is wake up from your alcove, take position near a console, and use it all day. Then you go regenerate. Sometimes Feds shows up, but you can't shoot them unless they act aggressively.

Or, as a lot of people have asked before, a non captain real trek experience. Rather similar, you wake up, and use a console all day, while your captain is doing amazing things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    earwigvr6earwigvr6 Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I would be suprised if the game was still here next April. That is my honest opinion of the way things are going as of late.
  • Options
    xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    earwigvr6 wrote: »
    I would be suprised if the game was still here next April. That is my honest opinion of the way things are going as of late.

people said the same 3 days after DR & the R&D update & after the game failed hard prior to F2P and yet we are still here.

so much for the "doom" theory.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited April 2015

You mean the fact that so many players are trying to log in that - for the first time since legacy of Romulus - there's an actual login queue on weekends. Yeah, definetly a sign of doom. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited April 2015

And thus in the year of thy lord of two thousand and sixteen not fifteen fo that is not the date thou hast neither is it seventeen for that would be toest far but sixteen.

It is written in the book of doom that on the date of april the 1st two thousand and sixteen not before or after that this game hast been deemed DOOMED.

Thouest can now proceed with the nashing of teeth and other stuff related to doom.
  • Options
    luddimusluddimus Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The borg thing has kinda been done, just being assimilated in missions - you lose control then your boffs shoot you.

No DOOM!!!

Oh called Breen carrier Dec 2013, Risa will probably be luxury liner with yacht pets.:cool:
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,401 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    luddimus wrote: »
    Oh called Breen carrier Dec 2013, Risa will probably be luxury liner with yacht pets.:cool:

Yacht pets beaming boarding parties with dancing balls to incapacitate the enemy bridge.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    szim wrote: »
    You mean the fact that so many players are trying to log in that - for the first time since legacy of Romulus - there's an actual login queue on weekends. Yeah, definetly a sign of doom. :rolleyes:
    It's easy to find sign or doom or success when you don't have all the facts.
    The recent layout at Cryptic could be used as a sign of doom. For example.

I think the game will still be there in next april. But I'm pretty sure they've lost people with DR. The recruit event was one of the best we had in years. Lots and lots of reward, some unique, and it carefully avoided pretty much all DR. All you have to do is reach 50, nothing for spec, 50-60...
    Even myself, who play a lot less since DR, enjoyed the event, and played more. I'm totally going to revert to my pre-recruit play time once it's over. Until they fix the grindy mess full of cash grab they call an extension, I do not plan to play as much as I did in the past.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    szim wrote: »

The log in Q has arrived as they have reduced the number of players on servers at once as they cannot cope. It has nothing at all to do with an influx of new users to the site.

But in any case, think as you will :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Do you see any "New" players ?

Or do you see countless people with an Alt toon ? STF Q's are all still empty, zone areas are all still reasonably lacking in players. There is NOWHERE with the hustle and bustle that would be associated with a huge influx of new players.

It really doesn't take a genious to see that :cool:
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Announce a Borg cube lockbox.
  • Options
    sarreoussarreous Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I want to see the torpedo animation replaced with tribbles. They should also smack into your screen as if they were hitting the ship's view screen.