test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foundry test character level?

dratikusdratikus Member Posts: 120 Arc User
I'm making my first foundry mission and I made it a level 41+ mission. But my test character is a cadet. That means enemy ships are going to be a little different than in my tests. How do I test with a higher level character to see how the squadrons behave?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    borrowedtuneborrowedtune Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    dratikus wrote: »
    I'm making my first foundry mission and I made it a level 41+ mission. But my test character is a cadet. That means enemy ships are going to be a little different than in my tests. How do I test with a higher level character to see how the squadrons behave?

You can level up your foundry toon, which is a total pain.

Or you can publish your mission and test it with your main toon, then pull it.

Or you can have knowledge of the game and its mechanics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Your best best is to publish it and test it with your main alt. Besides, there are other things that you will want to test that don't work so well in Preview Mode, such as if you have NPC mobs that are on patrol paths.
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • Options
    dratikusdratikus Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Or you can have knowledge of the game and its mechanics.

Since you are in a helpful mood (obviously since you replied to my post) and in lieu of such knowledge, perhaps you can share your knowledge of such mechanics? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just fly into a DSE and use the "kill enemy" button until you hit the next rank. Go to ESD, claim the new rank, then return to DSE. Rinse and repeat until you're as high up as you want.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone