test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Planning this Build, Need Critiques

gigaman123gigaman123 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Federation Discussion
I am planning to spend money into the game, and I am getting the T6 Eclipse Intel Cruiser. Here is the proposed build here (It'll take me awhile, but I'll get there.)

Feel free to modify the Intelligence Portion, I don't understand it that well.

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=futurebuild_6986
There's the build.
Veteran of STO, had it for 5 years. Unfortunately, my Original account is gone.

"Make it so" - Captain Picard

Build I am working for my Federation, Klingon, and Romulans.
Post edited by gigaman123 on

Comments

• Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Whats your playstyle and how do you intend to use this ship? Anything you really really like using or things you just included out of habit? Do you really want single-target precision or torpedoes or do you like rolling into the thick of things with AOE attacks? More info is needed, otherwise you'll just get the DPS-standard cookie-cutter build.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    My Playstyle can vary between ships. I often try to go for firepower, or Tanking. I Tank in my Galaxy X and I wish to have a cruiser that can dish out damage, and take some (or a little). I like being in the thick of the fights (except against borg)

I always have torpedoes. I mean, I've played this game for 5 years. I've always used torpedoes. This ship will be in the thjick of things dishing out as much damage as I can. I do this by adding beam arrays and A heavy torp in the front and a faster one in the back (sometimes). So, I never use dual beams. I always have Beam arrays and Torpedoes.

If you need more info, please ask.

• Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Are you specific to phasers for Star Trek accuracy, or thats just what you put on here? And do you prefer single-target or area-of-effect focus? Oh and I know you said you were going to spend money, but are very-expensive things like the Plasmonic Leech (50 million ec) or [CrtD]x3 weapons (~15 million each last I looked) in your range?
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There are a few things you should keep in mind.

Weapan buffs set each other on a global cooldown, that includes surgical strikes.
    BO sets BFAW & SS to global
    BFAW sets BO & SS to global
    SS sets BFAW & BO to global

So no matter what you do you'll always block yourself in some way, getting rid of BO would solve a lot. TT3 is useless. Go with 1, it's buffs aren't as high but it's shield distribution works just as well.

I'd recommend

TT1
    BFAW2
    Attack pattern, either Beta or Omega

and maybe swithcing from EptW1 & EptS2 to EptS1 & EptW2.
    Sci team2 is already a decent shield heal and high weapon power is the one thing that's really important with 6 or more beams.

Also switching TW and SS. Would be better if SS3 buffs 6 of your 8 wepaons instead of TW3 just 1 torp at a time.

As for the rest, it depends on how much you intend to stick to torps and how much EC you're willing to spend. Just in general, torps aren't hat great.
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ^ I use this set up and it's functional. Yet I also feel it is the standard template.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Specific to phasers? No, not really. I like to focus on one target at a time.

And I meant both Ingame money and real money.

• Options
    thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There are a few things you should keep in mind.

Weapon buffs set each other on a system cool down, that includes surgical strikes.
    BO, BFAW & SS are all on the same system.

So no matter what you do you'll always block yourself in some way, getting rid of BO would solve a lot. TT3 is useless. Go with 1, its buffs aren't as high but it's shield distribution works just as well.

I'd recommend

TT1
    BFAW2
    Attack pattern, either Beta or Omega

and maybe switching from EptW1 & EptS2 to EptS1 & EptW2.
    Sci team2 is already a decent shield heal and high weapon power is the one thing that's really important with 6 or more beams.

Also switching TW and SS. Would be better if SS3 buffs 6 of your 8 wepaons instead of TW3 just 1 torp at a time.

As for the rest, it depends on how much you intend to stick to torps and how much EC you're willing to spend. Just in general, torps aren't that great.

Edited for clarity and cause I'm so helpful.

And here's my build.

And here's a pretty video to go with it.

Quick tip, if you're NOT intent on using Intel abilities, get a different ship.

If you can get the Phantom, do so. The Mastery from these two ships compliment each other very well.
    You do not put tactical energy weapon abilities on this ship. Ever. You use the Intel for that.
    Using tactical energy weapon abilities severely diminishes this ship. Reserve the tactical for attack patterns or torpedo abilities.

Gaining the Phantom Mastery will effectively double your up time on your tactical and intelligence due to the interaction with Eclipse Mastery (Reciprocity and Battle Ready). In essence, you'll only ever need one copy of each ability as even at two copies they will begin to step on each others system cool down. There may be a small gap. If there is it won't affect your gaming.

SS gives good single target damage. Torpedo Spreads gives good AOE damage. Don't like that, change to HYT. Don't like that, keep your special torpedoes and use Attack Patterns.

Ionic turbulence gives good CC and a nice debuff to match up with Beta or Delta. Or not. Your choice. Just remember it has greater utility than Warp Plasma, at a lower rank.

That should get u started, cheers!
  • Options
    birzarkbirzark Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    thissler wrote: »
    Edited for clarity and cause I'm so helpful.

And here's my build.

And here's a pretty video to go with it.

To go with 2 x TS for 1 torpedo that wont be that effective since it looks like most of your damage will be from broadsiding which will keep your torp out of the firing arc most of the times. Also dual ionic turbulence but no override subsystem? Override Subsystem safties is like the best intel ability you can get. at level 3 you get +50 more power to ALL systems and +50 cap increase to all systems for 20 sec.

For advice if your willing to spend the money i would get the phantom and eclipse because the traits work very well together. Reprocity trait from the phantom will reduce the cool down on tactical and intel abilities every time you dodge an attack. So higher your Defense % the more you dodge and you can keep your abilities on global cool down or close to it most of the time. The Battleready trait will give you + defense every time you activate engineering or intel ability. With that you don't necessarily need to stack 2 of each taqctical ot intel ability since you can keep those abilities on global.

For abilities if you have the phantom trait reprocity i would go with something like this:
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=eclipsetemplate_0

The ET1 is used in case you need it to clear debuff from OSS( takes a random subsytem offline for 2 sec) Evade Target lock is nice cause it will add to the enemy missing you in return proccing reprocity even more. The EPTx abilities are flexible can can be condensed if you go with doffs instead.
  • Options
    thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    birzark wrote: »
    To go with 2 x TS for 1 torpedo that wont be that effective since it looks like most of your damage will be from broadsiding which will keep your torp out of the firing arc most of the times.

No. The ship is insanely agile with this build.

Also dual ionic turbulence but no override subsystem? Override Subsystem safties is like the best intel ability you can get. at level 3 you get +50 more power to ALL systems and +50 cap increase to all systems for 20 sec.

Well actually I don't use dual anything anymore. If you look at this build you'll see its an engineer running what looks like an Aux2ID/DCE build. Having power levels under 100 anywhere isn't something I've noticed, and having a constant beta debuff/snare on opponents is something I do notice.

For advice ---Yes. We know.

---abilities on global. There is no global in STO.

For abilities if you have the phantom trait reprocity i would go with something like this:
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=eclipsetemplate_0

The ET1 is used in case you need it to clear debuff from OSS( takes a random subsytem offline for 2 sec) Evade Target lock is nice cause it will add to the enemy missing you in return proccing reprocity even more. The EPTx abilities are flexible can can be condensed if you go with doffs instead.

I figure maybe you didn't get to read my entire post. But I couldn't resist. Cheers.

Battle Ready will max out Reciprocity, Evade won't help that. There's a cap on miss rate. In case you weren't sure.
  • Options
    birzarkbirzark Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    thissler wrote: »
    I figure maybe you didn't get to read my entire post. But I couldn't resist. Cheers.

Battle Ready will max out Reciprocity, Evade won't help that. There's a cap on miss rate. In case you weren't sure.

I would like to know how do you figure there is a cap on miss rate? I wasn't aware of that at all. On my phantom i run extremely high defense so i rarely if ever get hit by anything. Also as a comparison if you use rock and roll ability it pushes you to be immune to all damage by giving you +10k defense so I'm wondering where it says about a cap on that.
  • Options
    krilldarnkrilldarn Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is the build i use on my Eclipse i use the plasma sci console with flow caps to get the most out of the leech along with max out flow caps skill. This ship is single target and does around 25Kdps in ISA... both tac officers have SRO. 3 of the beams are now epic. i also have the reciprocity trait along with all hands on decks, predictive algorythm 2 and rock and roll.