What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rally the Minor Alpha Quadrant Powers

2»

Comments

• walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Where's the Xindi?

Since they were the primary antagonist in Enterprise, and Archer did say to Degra at one point that Xindi and Humans will one day serve aboard Federation ships, it makes sense that the Xindi have survived and are still around in the Federation. They probably still have their vessels.

Some guys at Reddit apparently discovered a file being copied over with the pre-update titled: "M_VOICE_Season_09_XindiDiplomat.fsb"

So I'd imagine we'll see one in the new mission.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Son'a, Tzenkethi, and PERHAPS First Federation would be nice... Perhaps we could have the T'lani and their Cruiser show up, since we already have the ship model ingame. Sure, their original planet got completely wiped out by a biological weapon, but apparently they're still somewhere... New T'lani? :P

*Edit* P.S. The Cardassian government(not true way) is not allowed to have a Military, and the Ferengi, while threatened just as much as the other powers would mostly try to play the conflict, and sides into profit.

Yes, but they just so happen to have powerful marauding vessels, and they can't exactly buy their way out of conflict with the Undine... Nor, for that matter, the Iconians.
  • gbw2318gbw2318 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Considering the results of Surface Tension, this idea seems all the more workable. Some governments/species can be brought into the Alliance, while I'm sure the Iconians would start backing others to try and destabilize the quadrants.
    edited April 2014
    Looking at the list in the OP, I've given some thought as to which way they would go:

Daa'Vit Confederacy - I definitely see them swinging towards the Alliance as long time allies of the Federation, though the Klingons wouldn't be happy about it - they were apparently at war for over 300 years before the signing of the Khitomer Accords. They may have been fighting again during this latest conflict.

First Federation - Also Alliance, I think. They have a good opinion of the Federation since Kirk made first contact with them, plus as a millennia old government they probably have more experience with the Iconians than most in the Alpha and Beta quadrants - they may have even been the ones to influence their decline.

Grigari - Being pure mercenaries and pirates of the most unsavory sort, I can see them siding with the Iconians.

Holy Order of the Kinshaya - I see them inclining towards the Alliance despite their loathing of the Klingons. The Iconians see themselves as gods, and as a military theocracy I can't see the Kinshaya knowingly siding with them. That doesn't mean the Iconians can't manipulate them into attacking the Klingons, however.

Jarada - Picard made a decent first contact with them, but they're still extremely isolationist and unpredictable. They could go either way - an Iconian attack could bring them on the side of the Alliance, or they could be manipulated by the Iconians into thinking Torona IV, their homeworld, is being trespassed upon. Even then, they could suddenly strike against the other side without warning.

Kessok - They were manipulated themselves at first contact by Cardassians into attacking the Federation and the Empire. I can't see them letting the Iconians do that again, and it's quite possible they could side with the Alliance.

Melkotians - Kirk impressed them at first contact, and their telepathic abilities would be extremely useful against the Undine and Iconians. I can see them going for the Alliance, and being all but immune to any attempt by the Iconians to manipulate them.

Miradorn - They signed a nonaggression pact with the Dominion just before the Dominion War, but promptly came to regret it and asked the Starfleet Corps of Engineers to deactivate several devices the Dominion installed on their homeworld, Mirada, also partially a way to try and mend relations with the Federation. I can see them going for the Alliance, not wishing to make the same mistake twice.

Nyberrite Alliance - Definitely Alliance, as I think I commented before here. They have good relations with both the Federation and the Empire as they hire experienced officers from both for their cruisers.

Regnancy of the Carnelian Throne - While having a shaky first contact with the Federation, I can see them siding with the Alliance. They see those who don't accept the ideals of the Carnelian Throne as being evil and promoting injustice, and the Iconians pretty much embody that as they'll have no use for their ideals at all.

Sheliak Corporate - Very xenophobic species that has little use for humanoids, so I don't see them being fond of either the Alliance or Iconians. It's possible that the Iconians could manipulate them as well and provoke them into attacking the Federation.

Son'a Command - As was mentioned before in this thread, it's possible the Son'a might join the Alliance only to betray them at some point in the future in return for a cure for their sterility from the Iconians, and maybe also for control of the planet Ba'ku in the new Iconian Empire.

Talarian Republic - I see them siding with the Alliance. They have a grudging respect for the Federation, and probably a far less grudging respect for the Empire despite their allowing females to fight.

Talosians - Like the Melkotians, their telepathy would be extremely useful against the Undine and Iconians, and I see them siding with the Alliance. They're normally isolationist, but it's quite possible Christopher Pike would have inclined them favorably towards the Federation. The Talosians also know what it's like to have a war ravage their world and likely won't be well disposed towards the Iconians' attempts to reconquer their empire.

Tzenkethi Coalition - Another one that could go either way. They have poor relations with the Federation, but I'm sure their Autarch would take a dim view of being conquered by the Iconians. It could be the Iconians could try to manipulate them into a war with the Federation as the Founders tried to do before the Dominion War.

Ubarrak Primacy - Being hostile to both Cardassia and the Federation, I can see them siding with the Iconians. I'm sure they would have liked to have conquered Cardassia in the wake of the Dominion War were it not for Starfleet maintaining such a heavy presence, and with Iconian backing they would probably make a go of it.

Yridians - I can see them siding with the Alliance with their destroyers and freighters. They're out for profit like the Ferengi, and a victorious Iconian Empire wouldn't leave much room for profit.

Zalkonians - This one's a toss up depending on how things progressed since their first contact with the Enterprise-D. 'John Doe' may have initiated a grassroots campaign against their xenophobic government and its attempts to murder everyone showing signs of evolution into an energy being, leading to that government's fall and thus a friendlier government towards the Alliance. However, I can see the Iconians wanting to prevent another species from evolving into beings much like themselves and supporting the Zalkonian government in their campaign of genocide against those on the cusp of evolution. It might be that 'John Doe' might return and ask the help of Starfleet to save his people from the Iconians.
    edited April 2015
    With the events of 'Uneasy Allies', this seems yet more workable. With a giant Iconian Dyson sphere appearing right next to Iconia and Iconian attacks starting to happen, you'd think the Alliance would be actively rallying these other states of the Alpha and Beta Quadrants, much like the ancient alliance that overthrew the Iconians in the first place.
  • bravecatherinebravecatherine Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    When elephants dance, it is best for the mice to step aside.
    edited April 2015
    When elephants dance, it is best for the mice to step aside.
    Except that mice can give elephants pause. Besides that, though, the Iconians are portrayed like a force of nature - they'll sweep aside everything in the Milky Way indiscriminately, major powers like the Federation and Klingons and minor powers like the First Federation, Talarian Republic and Sheliak Corporate alike. That's why a vast alliance of species got together in the first place to bring down the Iconians. Every hull they can put in space and every pair of boots they can put on the ground can help against an enemy that can appear anywhere and help stretch their resources to the breaking point.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    gbw2318 wrote: »
    Except that mice can give elephants pause. Besides that, though, the Iconians are portrayed like a force of nature - they'll sweep aside everything in the Milky Way indiscriminately, major powers like the Federation and Klingons and minor powers like the First Federation, Talarian Republic and Sheliak Corporate alike. That's why a vast alliance of species got together in the first place to bring down the Iconians. Every hull they can put in space and every pair of boots they can put on the ground can help against an enemy that can appear anywhere and help stretch their resources to the breaking point.

I remember a time when the Borg had this reputation and function, before they got nerfed and ridiculed to be mustache twirkling villians.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Government - Species - Assets - Source(s)

Daa'Vit Confederacy - Daa'Vit - Starships - TNG Novel
    Eh... questionable due to being from a book.
    Entirely possible since they were seen on screen, however we do not know the full capabilities of the Fesarius.
    Grigari - N/A - Mercenaries - ST Novels, DS9: The Fallen
    Again, questionable to borderline not happening due to having been in a game.
    Questionable due to book origins.
    Jarada - N/A - Warships - TNG, DS9 Novel
    Possible due to having seen the Jarada in TNG. And they would be a clean slate for ships as we never saw one.
    Not happening due to their origins being from a game.
    Melkotians - N/A - Telepaths - TOS
    Maybe, but not sure how telepaths will help, especially when we've already got Betazoids, and to an extent Vulcans.
    Miradorn - N/A - Raiders - DS9
    Possible.
    Nyberrite Alliance - Unknown - Cruisers - DS9
    Possible.
    Regnancy of the Carnelian Throne - Multispecies - Starships - TLE Novel
    Questionable due to Book Origins.
    Possible.
    Son'a Command - Son'a - Battle Cruisers - ST: Insurrection
    Possible.
    Possible.
    Talosians - N/A - Telepaths - TOS
    Possible, but same argument as with the Melkotians.
    Questionable due to Book Origins.
    Questionable due to Book origins.
    Yridians - N/A - Starships - TNG, DS9
    Possible. We actually have some NPCs in game already I believe.
    Zalkonians - N/A - Warships - TNG
    Possible.

When it comes to which content can be used... Books are a gray area (IE how long it took to get the Vesta), while anything from games is pretty much off limits due to having to do business with other companies, most of which I believe would end up with Activision.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • narthaisnarthais Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    *checks past post here before today....04-24-2014

Kill the zombie with fire....!

On a more serious note the original concept of a more diplomacy focused FE series to bring more of the smaller factions into the alliance would make a lot of sense at this point.
  • chandlerasharichandlerashari Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ... I do like to pretend that whenever I see players flying Tholian, Cardassian, Dominion, Ferengi, Hirogen, and other alien ships that they are "expeditionary forces" contributed by their governments to assist in the current crisis. Normally this involves ignoring the "USS" prefixes I see but yeah...

This what i do too lol
  • ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We've got this grand alliance of the Federation, the Klingon Empire and the Romulan Republic, but up against them you have the likes of the Borg, the Voth, and the Undine. What I'd like to see are some missions, maybe a season, where you move to rally the minor powers of the Alpha and Beta Quadrants to join the grand alliance since, face it, their butts are on the line too.

I'd like to see you rally the likes of the First Federation, who have those huge Fesarius class ships and haven't been heard from since TOS except for the fact that they obviously trade their tranya abroad since it was widely ordered at Quark's on DS9. My view is that the First Federation is likely the equivalent of a landlocked power now surrounded by Federation space, kind of like Switzerland surrounded by the European Union - they'll trade with others easily enough but still hang on to their sovereignty. Getting them on your side could be tricky, and I could see other powers trying to foil you at every step.

Then there are the more xenophobic races like the Sheliak Corporate, the Zalkonians, and the Talarian Republic. Rallying them would be even harder and would be a real challenge, but Sheliak ships are at least on par with the Galaxy class, and they forced the Federation to cede them several worlds in the mid 23rd Century. Zalkonian ships are on par with the Galaxy class as well, but they also have a weapon that exclusively targets a ship's crew with asphyxiation that shields are ineffective against. Plus the Zalkonians have members of their race that are undergoing evolution into non-corporeal lifeforms, who at the time of their first meeting with the Federation they were exterminating as they showed symptoms. They were on the edges of explored space in the late 2360s and would probably have a common frontier in 2409. Talarian ships were primitive compared to the Federation, but they could still provide support, just as the Deferi have been courted for the alliance against the Borg, and their ground troops are probably no slouches either.

Then there are other governments such as the Tzenkethi, the Jarada, the Holy Order of the Kinsyaha, the Regnancy of the Carnelian Throne, and the Ubarrak Primacy. I don't see all of them joining the alliance, but it would be interesting to see the STO galaxy become even more varied, and it might be interesting to see the attempts anyhow.

Might be interesting to see the Cardassian Detapa Council and the Ferengi Alliance take a more proactive role as well, see some actual Ferengi warships besides the marauders and maybe some other Cardassian vessels. After all, the Ferengi Alliance has to have some sort of fleet, or with their shady business practices they would have been easy meat for one enraged customer or other.

EDIT: A list of the various governments and/or species that could become part of the Alliance.

Government - Species - Assets - Source(s)

Daa'Vit Confederacy - Daa'Vit - Starships - TNG Novel

First Federation - N/A - Dreadnoughts - TOS

Grigari - N/A - Mercenaries - ST Novels, DS9: The Fallen

Holy Order of the Kinshaya - Kinshaya - Starships (Third Paragraph) - ST Novels

Jarada - N/A - Warships - TNG, DS9 Novel

Kessok - N/A - Heavy Cruisers & Light Cruisers / Heavy Cruiser Image & Light Cruiser Image - ST: Bridge Commander

Melkotians - N/A - Telepaths - TOS

Miradorn - N/A - Raiders - DS9

Nyberrite Alliance - Unknown - Cruisers - DS9

Regnancy of the Carnelian Throne - Multispecies - Starships - TLE Novel

Sheliak Corporate - Sheliak - Starships - TNG

Son'a Command - Son'a - Battle Cruisers - ST: Insurrection

Talarian Republic - Talarian -Warships, Soldiers - TNG

Talosians - N/A - Telepaths - TOS

Tzenkethi Coalition - Tzenkethi - Raiders - DS9, ST Novels

Ubarrak Primacy - Ubarrak - Starships - STA Novel

Yridians - N/A - Starships - TNG, DS9

Zalkonians - N/A - Warships - TNG

I really fantastic suggestion! I LIKE IT!!! :)

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • wakerobertswakeroberts Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    With the introduction of the Na'Khul in the new FE series, I think this subject is well worth revisiting. Not so much for a grand alliance against the Iconians now that the war is over, but perhaps a new diplomatic campaign to bring more races in line with the temporal accords. We've done the Delta Quadrant races fairly thoroughly. I think it's the Alpha Quadrant's turn. I'd really like to see the Yridians. Being information dealers, their involvement in the story arc going forward would make a lot of sense. Anyone have other Alpha Quadrant races they'd like to see introduced?
  • semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    EEEK! ZOMBIES! TRENDY HELP!
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Argh....KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!

Pesky zombie thread!
    SulMatuul.png
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Argh....KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!

Pesky zombie thread!

Funny thing is, it came up about 10 months ago and no one mentioned it then.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • heavensrunheavensrun Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    bluegeek wrote: »
    I like the idea... but wonder if this amounts to a diplomacy-themed FE series... which I have my doubts would ever happen.

Not everybody would enjoy playing through a diplomatic mission to the First Federation.

I'd suggest this would be a perfect idea for Foundry missions... except that I doubt the Foundry has the necessary assets to pull it off.

Isn't that basically what Delta Rising was? A bunch of diplomatic missions to rally the Delta Quadrant against the Vaudwaar?
  • wakerobertswakeroberts Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    To a degree, yes. But, the war is over now. The mission is no longer about building alliances to fight a common enemy, it's reconstruction and laying the foundation for the peace the future has in store. Where better to start that process than right here at home with one's own neighbors, especially those we may not have spoken to in a while?
  • semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    Oh Gawd the Zombies are increasing in number! Someone call @jodarkrider and have him use his Fire-fu on them!
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

This discussion has been closed.