test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What Lag? [video]

124»

Comments

• plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah it's really hard to find a place with "not so much" lag & rubberbanding... Dyson ground? Forget it, most of the STF's too... it's sad really. Think it really started back when they've made changes to the UI, and part of me thinks that there are some issues with the command ship traits, or the amount of calculations that are taking place with all the traits and stuff... is there actually a limit as to what can be calculated at the same time? I don't know... but I do know that right now, playing STO is really frustrating, at times and certain places. :(
  • internetonsetaddinternetonsetadd Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Cryptic? You there? Want to let players know what's going on with this?
  • jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    holofrog wrote: »

Reddit is a great place to share jokes. I prefer not to delete my comments. Please don't cross-post the joking ones onto here and act like they're serious.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • nh3rdnh3rd Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The lag is still alive and well. When are we going to see a fix pls?
  • seiberkagenekoseiberkageneko Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    nh3rd wrote: »
    The lag is still alive and well. When are we going to see a fix pls?

This has been going on for more than two weeks now. Short answer, you're not. Go play something else.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sonnikku wrote: »

Now that, I wouldn't doubt!

:eek::D:P
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• sf911sf911 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Space STFs are still a nightmare. BFaW bug is worst than ever now (going on cool-down but not activating).

Some attention to the trait-induced lag/bugs (not to mention general server-lag) cannot come soon enough.

It would be greatly appreciated.
  • captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    End of January.

Many of you were experiencing lag/rubber-banding. A quick fix was put in place for this and that issue should be largely resolved now. A permanent fix will go out next week.

Its now April,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:(

The lag started for me 2nd week in Feb. Nice fix,,,,,
  • xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I just can't believe we're going ahead with season 10. I know we've got deadlines and what-not, but man... Just tried again to do some KSA. Brutal. Absolutely brutal. 20 minutes of jerky, unresponsive action.

At least solo action is still playable. Still got some episodes for my recruit to do. At least there's that.

Season 10. yay...
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hopefully all the people reporting a lack of lag will soon get to experience the worst of it in exchange for those that are experiencing it having lag free game play.

Sort of like a revolving lag que to share the wealth.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's trippy thinking about all the various changes since DR...that feel that the system requirements had been increased without anything being said, the changes made to make the game more playable for folks playing on watch calculators that adversely affected those not playing on watch calculators, some UI tweaks including the new icons which further affected performance, some additional graphics tweaks which attacked performance, even more cooldown reduction out the wahzoo, even more stacking buffs to be tracked, and just oh so many things...the preceding was not all inclusive by any means.
  • jaymclaughlinjaymclaughlin Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The lag is pretty much as bad as it's ever been right now.
    animated.gif
  • sysil84sysil84 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's trippy thinking about all the various changes since DR...that feel that the system requirements had been increased without anything being said, the changes made to make the game more playable for folks playing on watch calculators that adversely affected those not playing on watch calculators, some UI tweaks including the new icons which further affected performance, some additional graphics tweaks which attacked performance, even more cooldown reduction out the wahzoo, even more stacking buffs to be tracked, and just oh so many things...the preceding was not all inclusive by any means.

One thing that I think does not help are the new ship animations from the traits and specializations. When I start combat my ship becomes the center of a baffling amount of different animations from all the stuff I have accumulated.

Besides the fact that it is ugly and ruins the appearance of my ship I suspect it must put some graphic load that was not there before.
  • nh3rdnh3rd Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I hope this settles some in the next day or two. If not there is no sense in logging in except to hit the dailies. Lag or no lag that still works. But the rest is a mess that is starting to bleed into regular missions now.