test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic, thanks for the bonus XP week

millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
My personal opinions of the delta recruit event aside, it so far seems to be a resounding success. Congratulations.

And thank you for the bonus XP week. I'm certainly enjoying that.
"Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
Post edited by millimidget on

Comments

• Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And thank you for the bonus XP week. I'm certainly enjoying that.

Although i'll chime in with a thank you here too, I would also point out that we did work for it.

But yeah, thank you. It has provided me with the chance to get some real progress done on one of my alts.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    thexarkunthexarkun Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No, no no no. Login queue is false game is dead. Arrrr cryptic ruined game arrrr. lol

In all seriousness yes thank you for the bonus XP and dilithium for killing enemies. I wouldn't have started playing if it wasn't for this event.
  • Options
    doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What bonus XP? I dont even feel it. And theres nothing on my screen anywhere indicating Im getting a 100% boost. I created a Delta, finished Diplomatic Orders before week 1 ended, went to finish off my main who was stuck at 57, did some Argala, cant even get a full bar length from Argala. Gave up after I did the first level 58 patrol in the "story". Saw I had at least 7 bars to go, gave up again. My main talked to Temporal officer guy, EVERYTHING grayed out, even the reward for just reaching Lietenant. Feel totally ripped off, as all I created a 7th alt for was to make quick work of the grind between level 57 and 60.
    STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
    Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader
  • Options
    thexarkunthexarkun Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    In less than 4 hours of actual playtime I got my toon from tutorial to 50, currently 52, would be higher but got bored and was working on a build. Yeah there's much more XP lol
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    thexarkun wrote: »
    In less than 4 hours of actual playtime I got my toon from tutorial to 50, currently 52, would be higher but got bored and was working on a build. Yeah there's much more XP lol

The point was to make a significant advance for existing toons trying to get from 50 to 60. Dont care about getting my Delta noob up to 50 fast. I really dont even care about getting the rest of my alts to 60. I just want to see and play the new story ONE EFFING TIME, the only reason I play is for story, without the boring Argala grind. Especially since many of the new Voyager based "content" is already grindy patrols in between REAL story missions. Feel totally ripped off for the extra time spent on a Delta recruit when I was misled by what I thought would be significant leveling speed for at least my main.
  • Options
    cody0893cody0893 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hahahahaha

Listen to the sheep as they praise the sluaghter house employee's. First for them to kill alt's to force us to make a delta toon was a rip from the start. Since delta riseing toon was introduced i have not played the game.
    Thank you cryptic for giveing alll players the bone saddly thou the sheep are dum enuff to pay for it all. i am not the only one that thinks like this i am done.
    AND TO ALLTHE PEOPLE THAT THANK CRYPTIC FOR A BONOUS WEEKEND JUST TO SUCK YOU INTO A SLOW GRIND OF DEATH WAKE THE FRACK UP...
    DELTA RECRUITT HURT THE GAME.
    Thou not playing the game has made my saveing ballon maybe i should thank them. i would of spent around 150 extra dollars aMONTH ON THE GAME ON ALL MY TOONS AND ACCOUNTS NOW I DONT
    They killed your Alt's now they want your main
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    did some Argala, cant even get a full bar length from Argala.
    Argala was nerfed. There are better options for getting skill/spec XP.
    cody0893 wrote: »
    Listen to the sheep as they praise the sluaghter house employee's.
    You might be the only person on this board who would confuse me for a fanboy.
    First for them to kill alt's to force us to make a delta toon was a rip from the start.
    Actually, it's one of the most alt friendly things they've done lately, at least in terms of something brand new to the game. The problem with delta recruits is that once they've been leveled, veterans have no innate reason to play them, due to the high investment required to bring a new character up to relevancy.
    AND TO ALLTHE PEOPLE THAT THANK CRYPTIC FOR A BONOUS WEEKEND JUST TO SUCK YOU INTO A SLOW GRIND OF DEATH WAKE THE FRACK UP...
    I'll keep trying to mitigate that slow grind of death for as long as my interest holds. But that's not what this thread is about.
    DELTA RECRUITT HURT THE GAME.
    It has blatantly shown that the backend can't support resurgent player activity, but that was already known from previous events.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    So whats the best way to get XP these days if you JUST want to get to the end of the Voyager arc faster? Im not after gear. My alts just live off foundry content. Only my main plays the official storyline. Thats how casual I am.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hahahahaha

Thou not playing the game has made my saveing ballon maybe i should thank them. i would of spent around 150 extra dollars aMONTH ON THE GAME ON ALL MY TOONS AND ACCOUNTS NOW I DONT

As this thread is all about thanking, I would like to personally thank you for not logging on, you have helped reduce the log-in que by one person.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    So whats the best way to get XP these days if you JUST want to get to the end of the Voyager arc faster? Im not after gear. My alts just live off foundry content. Only my main plays the official storyline. Thats how casual I am.
    I found mixing Kobali ground with STFs was good XP, while alternating the grind sufficiently that it doesn't feel too grindy until at least the second hour.