What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Come here if you have a Q

Comments

• Options
    ncrophadesncrophades Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Sorry if this is in the wrong section, was the only thing I saw.

Anyway, I see people with elaborate signature and want to create one myself, but can't find where. My question is this: how do you make your forum signature?
  • Options
    ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ncrophades wrote: »
    Sorry if this is in the wrong section, was the only thing I saw.

Anyway, I see people with elaborate signature and want to create one myself, but can't find where. My question is this: how do you make your forum signature?

Underneath your avatar up top you use see something that says User CP... go there and edit your signature.

The fancy stuff is generally made privately and uploaded. The less fancy stuff can just be typed in.
  • Options
    ncrophadesncrophades Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ladymyajha wrote: »
    Underneath your avatar up top you use see something that says User CP... go there and edit your signature.

The fancy stuff is generally made privately and uploaded. The less fancy stuff can just be typed in.

I looked and I don't see nothing that has to do with a signature. Went on both my iPad and laptop. Unless it had to do with the fact that I can't make new forum threads, I don't know what's going on.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    ncrophades wrote: »
    I looked and I don't see nothing that has to do with a signature. Went on both my iPad and laptop. Unless it had to do with the fact that I can't make new forum threads, I don't know what's going on.

So make sure you're clicking User CP and not Avatar... it's the User CP you want.

You then should have under the third column (called settings and options) something that says Edit Signature.

If it's not there it's very possibly that it has to do with the fact that you're still Newb Locked by Cryptic. Honestly I forget all the restrictions and time stuff for the Cryptic Newb Lock since I never had to deal with it.
  • Options
    kerrdogjkerrdogj Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah R&D completely replaced crafting, so you can convert the old crafting materials for R&D ones :) also if you reached full crafting XP before, you now have a doff in your roster that will give you a new aegis set

Thanks! :)
  • Options
    johnnystarflamejohnnystarflame Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Any one been able to use the progressive download feature when installing this game? Its greyed out for me, im wondering if it will kick in at a certain point?
  • Options
    k0v4ck0v4c Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well, the answer is space sets, generally from the reputation system, which unlocks at level 50. Each set has some unique deflectors/engines/consoles/shields that can alter the appearance of your ship. For the reputation sets, you'll need to hit level 50, spend reputation marks to gain reputation levels, then requisition the items using more reputation marks. There are also a few sets available in late-game missions (Jem'Hadar late in the Cardassian episode and the Breen) which can alter appearance.

Can JUST shields or JUST deflectors change the appearance of my ship or do I need the full set?
  • Options
    robothitchhikerrobothitchhiker Member Posts: 277 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    k0v4c wrote: »
    Can JUST shields or JUST deflectors change the appearance of my ship or do I need the full set?

Yes, the individual components can change appearance, although each are focused on their part of the ship.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    wardcalis wrote: »
    I'm looking at the new rom ship and it has a crappy 5.0 turn. I'm wondering just how much console space I'd have to sacrifice to get it up high enough to make a torp/dhc build work effectively. Anyone know the best stuff to use?

Id be using adapted maco shield+combat engine and counter command deflector with all+torp tact consoles. And just what it would take? I will probably also be running aux-bat.

Well I'm going to go out on a limb here and say... if you want to use the new ship... use a beam FAW set up... or at least use Dual Beam Banks.

BUT... if you insist on using a torp/DHC build on the ship...

Depends on what other gear you're using and how you're using the ship to be honest. First remember that using your cloak will allow you to turn faster, meaning that if you want to turn fast just hit your battle cloak and turn. This generally helps.

After that... what engines are you using. Many of the engines... and even some of the singularity cores.... help you increase your turn rate.

The console from the Lobi store from the temporal set also has a turn rate increase which can help quite a bit and it's universal.

After doing all of that... I'm going to say at least half of your engineering consoles need to be RCS MK XIV... preferably golds..

Then you're turn like a living whale instead of a dead one.

Remember you're in a cruiser... not even a battle cruiser... just a cruiser... so you'll be turning slow which is why most people suggest a Beam FAW build for it.

Dual Beam Banks at the least are better then DHCs on this thing because they have a bigger firing arc. I wouldn't even bother with the torp.
  • Options
    alilwetalilwet Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I just did the "New Officer" mission, I chose my officer, but I guess I didn't have room for him. It stated that the mission was resolved.

My question is, did I lose him permanently? Or is there a way to remove one of my officers and get him back or possibly do the mission over.

I don't see the mission on the list. I got the mission as I was completing the "second star to the right mission."

Edit: I jumped the gun, in the stations tab, there is a button on the bottom which states I have an officer available. Found him there.
  • Options
    donpanziedonpanzie Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Amazing....I hope this works.

Im currently trying to finish my mission "Mission: Welcome to Earth Spacedock" but it wont let me. I cant talk to Quinn (dont get options to initiate a conversation). Searched the internet cant find anything.

I reported a ticket but Im sure they are busy so it wil take some time. In the mean time I tried asking other people......BUT I cant talk in /zone or post new threads on the forums because my account is new. Great way to make new players feel welcome. Lets cut of their means to interact in a MMO....seriously?

Sorry for the harshness of my post, but I cant play the game and I cant get any decent help this way.
  • Options
    mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    donpanzie wrote: »

Im currently trying to finish my mission "Mission: Welcome to Earth Spacedock" but it wont let me. I cant talk to Quinn (dont get options to initiate a conversation). Searched the internet cant find anything.

I reported a ticket but Im sure they are busy so it wil take some time. In the mean time I tried asking other people......BUT I cant talk in /zone or post new threads on the forums because my account is new. Great way to make new players feel welcome. Lets cut of their means to interact in a MMO....seriously?

Sorry for the harshness of my post, but I cant play the game and I cant get any decent help this way.

Try talking to the temporal agent outside his office first. That worked for me.
    gHF1ABR.jpg
  • Options
    johnnystarflamejohnnystarflame Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    In this game im I able to take my ship to a planet and just beam down and explore it with out any quest tied to it?
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    In this game im I able to take my ship to a planet and just beam down and explore it with out any quest tied to it?
    Depends what you mean by "explore".

All maps are either " social" or "mission" or "open zone".

Social planet maps include (but not limited to) Vulcan, andoria, Risa, bajor, defera, and all the player home world's.

Open zone grpound maps include nimbus, kobali prime, defera invasion, nukara, and the dyson battlezone.

Everything else needs a mission.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    donpanzie wrote: »

As pointed out above, look at your mission goals, it tells you to speak to the temporal agent before going to Quinn. Also he should have a green icon over his head to indicate he is a mission objective.
  • Options
    donpanziedonpanzie Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    maina wrote: »
    Try talking to the temporal agent outside his office first. That worked for me.

Thanks for the effort, but it didnt help. Guess I'll just wait till they get to answer my ticket
  • Options
    wotertoolwotertool Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hello,

What are the best space traits that Bridge Officers can have? And what kind of Bride Officers have them?

For example when flying a Sci FED, what Species should he focus for his BOs, or same for Romulan-KDF aligned? Do they all stack or just a few?
  • Options
    uniclonusuniclonus Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Having not really done a Science character yet, I decided to make my Delta Recruit a Fed Science officer. Having gotten to 52 already and still sitting in my level 40 ship, I've hit a minor snag: I don't know what sort of build or even ship to go for now.

I think buildwise I'm wanting to go the Exotic route. The whole stacking PartGens to the ceiling kind of thing. I kind of like the idea of Grav Well followed by a Particle Emission torpedo spread. Seems fun. Are there any other spread-able torpedos that do AOE-type damage and/or benefit from PartGen?
    Related question, can anyone point me to some build ideas for an Exotic or maybe even a Exotic/Torpedo Boat hybrid? Kinda need help on the whole shebang: Ship, loadout, traits, skills, Specializations, etc. You name it, I need some advice on it for Science.

As for ship... I suppose I'd be trying to decide between the Pathfinder and Dauntless. Pathfinder seems more Science-y, but the Dauntless would allow Spread 3 which seems particularly mean and overkill.
  • Options
    captainchaos66captainchaos66 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have a slightly out of the box question.... Does anyone know how to turn on Autolooting? Or should I say turn it BACK on?

For at least two years when the TAKE ITEM box pops up I had been able to hit F and I automatically took it. After the last patch for whatever reason when I hit F the TAKE ITEM box pops up and shows me what the item is... frankly I don't care what the item is I'm in the middle of a damned battle!!! I tend to believe there is a small big going on because sometimes I have to press the TAKE ITEM buttom two or three times before I actually TAKE the item.

Ive been through the UI options a dozen times,, and either I cant see the option ( very possible) Or its not there anymore.. or its something one would not expect it to be.

If anyone knows this would be appreciative to share the info,,, the box popping up is an annoyance since for at least two years I haven't had to deal with it :D
    Fleet Admiral In charge of Bacon
    Fighting 5th Attack Squadron
    The Devils Henchman
  • Options
    uniclonusuniclonus Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    westmetals wrote: »
    Pathfinder has an extra benefit for an all-torpedo build - that activatable "shell armor" console deactivates energy weapons when active - but not projectile weapons.

Also, stacking PG to the roof is nice and all, but if you're planning to use GW, get some grav generator skill in there as well.

You can also use the Intel spots to supplement (or substitute, depending on timing) that Gravity Well with Ionic Turbulence, which also gives a damage resistance penalty (but the Dauntless can do that also).

If you do not plan to go 100% torpedoes, you can line the aft slots with a triple-omni build (Ancient, Kinetic, crafted) or turrets (though eiher of these would be blocked by the shell armor, and would also require power in your weapons subsystem).
    I figured Grav Gen was a given. Gotta buff up that GW and all.

I'd forgotten about the Ablative Generator thing. That's from the T-5 Intrepid refit, yeah? So if I were going for the Pathfinder I might as well get the Intrepid bundle (which might be a bit more than I want to spring for currently). Which reminds me, is the Nadeon Detonator console worth going for even if I go with the Dauntless?

I'm not sure yet if I'd go for an all Torpedo build. It's tempting, but I need to find out what types of torps to go for. I assume I'd need to find a way to bring down the target's shields to make it really effective, unless Grav Well and a PEP spread will do it.

I have a slightly out of the box question.... Does anyone know how to turn on Autolooting? Or should I say turn it BACK on?
    Options, under the Basic tab. 11th thing or so down is Enable Auto Loot. I missed it for the first month or so I was playing. That was annoying.
  • Options
    livintiuslivintius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    New Question here (this might need to be bug report however):

I just started up a new KDF toon yesterday (my first) and for some reason the promotion mission is not popping up for me.

I'm currently level 12, completed the first set of missions involving Drake and spent all of my skill points. Still nothing.

I check my 'missions available' tab and it wasn't listed there either.

Am I missing something? Do I need to pass a certain point before this mission becomes available?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    livintius wrote: »
    New Question here (this might need to be bug report however):

I just started up a new KDF toon yesterday (my first) and for some reason the promotion mission is not popping up for me.

I'm currently level 12, completed the first set of missions involving Drake and spent all of my skill points. Still nothing.

I check my 'missions available' tab and it wasn't listed there either.

Am I missing something? Do I need to pass a certain point before this mission becomes available?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Unlike the Federation, in the KDF and Romulan factions you do not get to select your Tier 2 ship when you reach level 10. They are tied to a specific mission and with Bonus XP events, you will likely be close to level 20 ( or over level 20) before you actually can select your Tier 2 ship. For the KDF you need to start the "Test of Mettle" mission which is the 15th mission and it is in the Warzone story arc.

Since you just started your KDF toon yesterday I am going to assume by the time you get to "Test of Mettle" you will be over level 20 due to the Bonus XP weekend. That means by the time you can select your T2 starship, you will be able to select your T3 starship as well.