test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server is still borked

yorethelyorethel Member Posts: 125 Arc User
Despite todays emergency maintenance, the server is still rubberbanding and there is significant delay on using some skills, making doing Delta stuff infuriating as your constantly either failing things or having to redo them. It's not my ISP nor my computer as all other games are fine, it's just STO, are you guys having server and IP problems together? or just IP bottlenecking?
Post edited by yorethel on

Comments

• frontierplanetsfrontierplanets Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For me, the game is simply unplayable, full stop. It can't load one map after character selection before crashing to desktop. Verifying game files doesn't help.
    It makes me want to RAGE.
    For best results, read my posts in the voice of Sheogorath, Daedric Prince of Madness.

*busts down your door while wearing a Starfleet uniform*
    Time to boldy go, losers.
    #this is how you SHOULD collect your crew from shore leave
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I got the same problem stf's are the worst.
  • kenddarkenddar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This was yesterday >> Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out
    Today my launcher cant connect >> http://prntscr.com/6r33k4
  • khagarothkhagaroth Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ^^
    Still the same problem here.
  • zztopperszztoppers Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am quite surprised there is not more outcry about the lagg!!. Has it become so common place it is to be expected and nothing will change. Everyone I know is having the same timeout and serious rubberbanding.

I think the 60min inactive boot feature should be redued to 30 min until the server load is a lot less!
  • unclechinsunclechins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm also lagging like a mother, but it's only in space missions. Interestingly enough, if I create a private SB24 and solo it, there is 0 lag. My connection to everything else is perfect.

I wonder if it is like this for everyone, or if it's just a certain percent players?
  • appleraptorappleraptor Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yeah. some serious issues. even having issues just starting a pve. I would constantly keep getting the prompt for breaking the planet and others. but they never connect. I thought maybe it was just players, buit then when starbase 24 did connect. it lagged like crazy before timing out.
  • moonwater2moonwater2 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Second time today. Got into game attempted to upgrade an item in inventory. Waiting for server comes up in red ticking off seconds, minutes later I exit the game since unable to play. Then trying to load the launcher... it's black, says loading please wait. Everything else with my system works fine. It's only this game, internet speed, permissions for game with firewall... everything I can think of checked. Now I see all these threads here and of course cryptic has failed to acknowledge or do anything about the problem. I guess laying off all those people really helped the game experience!
  • martinisonmartinison Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    moonwater2 wrote: »
    Second time today. Got into game attempted to upgrade an item in inventory. Waiting for server comes up in red ticking off seconds, minutes later I exit the game since unable to play. Then trying to load the launcher... it's black, says loading please wait. Everything else with my system works fine. It's only this game, internet speed, permissions for game with firewall... everything I can think of checked. Now I see all these threads here and of course cryptic has failed to acknowledge or do anything about the problem. I guess laying off all those people really helped the game experience!

Exact same thing happening to me. I'll load the game initially, then try to do something and get the server not responding. After getting booted if I try to log back in the launcher will not finish loading. If I reboot then it will go through the same cycle.
  • velaraxvelarax Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Trying to get to level 10 on my only delta recruit, but have succeeded only in reaching level 6. I keep getting disconnected, then unable altogether to log in. Perhaps it's time to extend the Delta Recruitment Event to accommodate the many hundreds of players who are experiencing these issues. From the number of threads on this subject in this, and other forums, it appears a large segment of the STO playing population is having the same problems.
  • ry0ku83ry0ku83 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    velarax wrote: »
    Trying to get to level 10 on my only delta recruit, but have succeeded only in reaching level 6. I keep getting disconnected, then unable altogether to log in. Perhaps it's time to extend the Delta Recruitment Event to accommodate the many hundreds of players who are experiencing these issues. From the number of threads on this subject in this, and other forums, it appears a large segment of the STO playing population is having the same problems.

I was running Fed Fleet Alert with some newer Fleet Members that just started playing and that queue for whatever reason is TERRIBLE, Was rubber banding all over the place skills were misfiring (use BFAW and the cooldown would start but not BFAW wouldn't go off). At first I thought it was me but then other people in the team started typing about the bad lag as well. I tried going in a few times after that too and the lag was always present, but none of the other queue's I joined had lag (well at least not this bad).
  • rebuilthk47rebuilthk47 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same here. Rubberbanding. Sometimes I lag enough my ship blows up because I couldn't activate any defensive abilities. I suddenly see my ship at half HP (sometimes that happens when my ship has full shields and no weapons were fired).

When trying to do ground dailies, on New Romulous for example, I have to stand next to an objective for about 5 seconds waiting for everything to register my location, then press "F" 10 times (cause I can) before anything happens, then wait for it to actually happen. Sometimes I have to repeat that because the game didn't finish registering my movement and canceled what I was doing.

Because of this, I'm dying to things that I never did before.
  • greuceangreucean Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    no word on this from the devs?

its pretty irritating to a lot of people
  • joseph#2003 joseph Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just putting in a footnote,

Once you let the Launcher to it's thing, then click "Engage" that's about as far as it gets. Much as you folks have posted, this is an STO issue.

The issues at hand are fairly humorous. Yes, we all have been nailed by the lagg monster. The
    horrible rubberbanding ingame rather on ground or in space. These should have been resolved prior to the Launch of Delta.

No, nothing was done. However, now that there is a issue. Something has to be done, things like this lose customers. History repeating itself.
  • dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I had to stop playing. The game is unplayable now. Rubberbanding and disconnects.

I hope they don't just run out the clock like they did on the anniversary event lag.
    edited April 2015
    No, I think this time is different. Much like the Anniversary Event, the lag was due to lots of players returning. Now, you have a fresh new launch wouldn't you expect to need more server space? Perhaps more servers? Not sure about you, this just makes sense.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just tried to do Infected The Conduit and did nothing but watch my ship fire torpedoes. I'd move forward for 2-3 seconds and then 30-60 seconds of stop-motion. I managed to get a couple Team Chat messages out indicating my problem. Another person replied with similar issues. Finally, was getting random SNR messages and finally Disconnected From Server. Now I can't even get the launcher to open up.

This is NOT good.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
    edited April 2015
    I do hear you, I haven't been able to get in at all. I am certain I am not alone in this, and the issue is much, much larger. Perhaps all we can hope for is a swift resolution where it will actually be remeded. I was actually looking forward to starting my delta recruit and going through the story lines. LOL, it does appear I am not alone.

Here's to hoping it will be up again soon.
  • realityofdreamsrealityofdreams Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2015
    there's not a day that goes by i don't have some problem with this game and its really getting annoying...either terrible lag and rubber banning or server not responding or its stuck on loading please wait...right now its stuck on patching and cant even log on...and its NOT my isp so don't even go there please...
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am having a long wait to change to the character I want to play with today. Seems like I am just hanging at the moment. Not sure what's going on. Hope this gets fixed soon.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms dsldevice.attlocal.net [192.168.1.254]
    2 22 ms 21 ms 23 ms 104-50-42-2.lightspeed.tpkaks.sbcglobal.net [104.50.42.2]
    3 * * * Request timed out.
    4 25 ms 23 ms 22 ms 12.83.76.9
    5 41 ms 38 ms 39 ms ggr3.dlstx.ip.att.net [12.122.139.17]
    6 38 ms 38 ms 38 ms 192.205.36.222
    7 38 ms 38 ms 38 ms be2032.ccr22.dfw01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.6.53]
    8 43 ms 43 ms 43 ms be2146.ccr22.iah01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.25.241]
    9 56 ms 56 ms 56 ms be2173.ccr42.atl01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.29.117]
    10 57 ms 58 ms 57 ms be2169.ccr22.dca01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.31.98]
    11 62 ms 63 ms 62 ms be2149.ccr42.jfk02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.31.126]
    12 69 ms 68 ms 68 ms be2096.ccr22.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.30.42]
    13 68 ms 68 ms 68 ms te0-0-0-0.rcr11.b002133-1.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.46.130]
    14 71 ms 73 ms 73 ms 38.111.40.114
    15 72 ms 71 ms 71 ms patchserver2.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]

Trace complete.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
    edited April 2015
    Wow, did that just show the issue was at their end? Nice...
  • bismarck1975bismarck1975 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Awesome way to kick off Delta Recruit launch.....perhaps they should stress test better before new seasons, events and come back promos????:mad:
  • thegreatrajathegreatraja Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I was actually able to get one of my characters to fully load, only to get DC'd first time I tried to move! grr.......
  • neohunter200neohunter200 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Been getting disconnected frequently since yesterday.

Cryptic, what is going on?!
    edited April 2015
    Game still does not work, can't get past the launcher. This is day two. Wanna bet no one working on this because it is the weekend? LOL, yeah really great way to kick off a launch. Make the game completely unplayable. Way to go Cryptic.
  • vaudeville03vaudeville03 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    joepshef wrote: »
    Game still does not work, can't get past the launcher. This is day two. Wanna bet no one working on this because it is the weekend? LOL, yeah really great way to kick off a launch. Make the game completely unplayable. Way to go Cryptic.

I'd say that's the safe bet. Those who have the problem are likely stuck with it until Monday or the next patch.

That 'We're going to stay until the problem is fixed' thing from a few weeks ago doesn't seem to apply when only a percentage of the players are affected.
  • jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I was playing this game fine, went to ESD I got the red connection warning at top of screen for about 3 minutes and now I cant log in.

What the **** is it with Earth Space Dock.
  • austinousaustinous Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Rubber banding like a mo-fo.

And now the game won't even connect to the account server. Time to go do something else.

:mad:
  • salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms sitecom.router [192.168.0.1]
    2 * * * Request timed out.
    3 * * * Request timed out.
    4 * * * Request timed out.
    5 * * * Request timed out.
    6 * * * Request timed out.
    7 * * * Request timed out.
    8 * * * Request timed out.
    9 * * * Request timed out.
    10 * * * Request timed out.
    11 * * * Request timed out.
    12 85 ms 85 ms 85 ms patchserver2.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]

Trace complete.

Is this normal yes or no
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!