test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ferengis and countermeasures

sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
there is something really wrong in this game.

1) ferengis, this specie of rats are enough smart to take alien ships and adapt them for us?

- cardassian ships
- tholian recluse, mega wtf???
- voth bastion cruiser, voth "big ship" forgotten her name, voth frigate; mega wtf???
- undine nicor, mega wtf???
- etc etc

Instead of these ships, put in the boxes, alien ships from the species of the UFP, klingon empire and ex-romulan empire.

in the next lock box, we will have an herald ship !!!!! or maybe a borg cube !!!

2) the rep system and all the countermeasures given to the players for each species encountered.

In the new rep:

- ICONIAN shield, deflector etc

the iconians/heralds are so much evolved in comparison of the species of the alliance; how we could have so quickly adapted technologies?

this is not interesting at all; and also in a way, ridiculous.

when Picard and the other captains have fought the cardassians, the Borg, the klingons etc, they hadn't; stolen techonlogies on their ships. (Janeway is an exception, i know)

Put in the rep more interesting things; more sci stuff, Intel stuff, etc
Post edited by sennahcherib on

Comments

• Options
    induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    there is something really wrong in this game.

1) ferengis, this specie of rats are enough smart to take alien ships and adapt them for us?

- cardassian ships
    - tholian recluse, mega wtf???
    - voth bastion cruiser, voth "big ship" forgotten her name, voth frigate; mega wtf???
    - undine nicor, mega wtf???
    - etc etc

Instead of these ships, put in the boxes, alien ships from the species of the UFP, klingon empire and ex-romulan empire.

in the next lock box, we will have an herald ship !!!!! or maybe a borg cube !!!

2) the rep system and all the countermeasures given to the players for each species encountered.

In the new rep:

- ICONIAN shield, deflector etc

the iconians/heralds are so much evolved in comparison of the species of the alliance; how we could have so quickly adapted technologies?

this is not interesting at all; and also in a way, ridiculous.

when Picard and the other captains have fought the cardassians, the Borg, the klingons etc, they hadn't; stolen techonlogies on their ships. (Janeway is an exception, i know)

Put in the rep more interesting things; more sci stuff, Intel stuff, etc

From what I see the Iconian set is not made from Iconian technology but it is technology made to combat the iconians much like the counter command set that is not made from Undine technology but made to combat the undine.

And yes the next lockbox will be Herald that much is obvious but a Borg cube?
    Keep dreaming, every season there is a thread saying the next box will be Borg cubes and will announce the end of STO :rolleyes:
  • Options
    spockout1spockout1 Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Borg Cube or an end-game Connie - either one signals the end times.

The screwed up part is that you have to fight the guys to earn the rep gear to be better at fighting those same guys.
    "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. Except for a T5 Connie. That would be f*%#ing awesome." - Mr. Spock
  • Options
    thegcbaconthegcbacon Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And yes the next lockbox will be Herald that much is obvious

Do not be so sure ;)
  • Options
    furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    spockout1 wrote: »
    The screwed up part is that you have to fight the guys to earn the rep gear to be better at fighting those same guys.

Yeah, this concept always bugged me. It was especially glaring with the Undine space sets. By the time I have the marks/elite marks to afford the gear, I'll have already done plenty of fighting against the species it was meant to counter without it. Obviously, some sets end up being useful beyond just countering the species they were designed for (like the Undine ground set being good against the bluegills or synergizing with the TR), but I have my doubts that the developers thought that far in advance when they were coming up with some of these sets....

And yeah, it's also bugged me that the Lobi Consortium can apparently retrofit all these different aliens vessels. Not only do they do it with an ease that would probably make the Starfleet Corps of Engineers blush, but no one in the galaxy seems to have a problem with the fact that they are basically selling the technology of the some of the most powerful and sinister races we've come up against. Again, the selling of Undine ships was, for me, even worse than the concept of allowing us to use Borg vessels. At least there's a precedent for us adapting Borg technology for our use, but you're telling me a faction of the Ferengi somehow figured out how to interface our technology with the biotech of a race from a whole other dimension?

I suppose, ultimately, one isn't really meant to treat the Lobi Consortium or lockbox ships as "hard canon". It's more for those folk who just want to fly around in cool looking ships and shoot stuff, and don't really care about the immersion factor (so, a good chunk of the playerbase, in other words).
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • Options
    phantrosityphantrosity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    you're telling me a faction of the Ferengi somehow figured out how to interface our technology with the biotech of a race from a whole other dimension?.

That's pretty racist TBH