test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where is your DR right now?

Comments

• berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    stark2k wrote: »
    My DRecruit is over at K7 getting drunk and trying to earn the title "The Town Drunk." :D

Now there's an accolade I could work towards...

(That is a joke, right? I can't actually get that, can I?)
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • kristaswiftkristaswift Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I lost interest....and stop at LC level or 15. Why leveling?

To top it off..snail's pace progression. Missed the old days you can could level up in a week or so. Seen some do it in 3 to 4 days. Still have yet to see any BONUS for improving leveling as they advertised before.
  • belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Nine of my recruits are up to level 30 (can't remember which mission that is) so far, I brought them all up to that point to get the marks, credits and fleet dilithium vouchers for being level 30 and in a fleet, recuits 10 and 11 are 50 ;)
  • zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Level 52, finished everything for the account unlocks on sunday morning. Including the photonic eng. Adapting ftw.
  • belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited April 2015

To top it off..snail's pace progression.

I find the game to be pretty quick levelling, I managed 9 characters to 30 and 2 to 50 in a weekend.
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i finished one KDF engineer and have started another this time tac.

as for the person that says the rewards are not good well all i can say is you haven't done it enough once you complete it the rep marks alone made it worth it just for trading it for dil on all toons across the account it adds up brother.

non consumable device space is ok i guess if your in a pinch but the ground one is nice . rez and can use it while your dead.

but what i have noticed is once you earn the account rewards with one toon to cant earn them again on the new alt. ( i said account )
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Cerys has only R and D level 5 to do then she's done
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      I leveled one to 50+ and T5 crafting, he's got a couple of days of dil refining left then will be deleted

I leveled another to 45 for the BOFF, he'll be deleted tonight after I refine the last of his dilithium
    • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      My DR is currently lvl49 and only halfway in the DS9 story arc.... and one mission short of hitting lvl50. If this is "snails pace progression" I would hate to see "fast".... I still have the other half of the DS9 and then the Borg, Breen, Solanae and Delta story arcs to get through. I have sponsorship tokens already for the reps on my DR, so once I hit 50 will start on reps pretty rapidly. I have been hoarding rep marks pre-50 from DR rewards so I can get to the reps pretty quickly.
    • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      I am about to play Mission: The Doomsday Device. I'm prepared, as I was the last time I took on the DD, to die a dozen times.

For the record, if you're dying you're doing this wrong.

There's no reason to be anywhere near the DD until you're ready to fire. You should be lurking around 10km, staying outside of range (and far from the Fed/Klingon battle), and popping in to fire the torpedo every few seconds.

Should be done in about a minute, if you don't get unlucky and have the Klingons hunt you down because the Fed reinforcements died.
    • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      My Fed DR is at 47 halfway to 48 and a few missions into the Cardi arc.. which im not looking forward to doing again... :P

Might make a KDF one over the weekend with a fleetmate of mine... that should be funand i'm looking forward to it :)
    • stonermkiistonermkii Member Posts: 15 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      Level 45 and a couple missions into the Cardie arc.....and now im understanding why it seems everyone hates this arc....think i fell asleep during the first mission this morning lol...really not looking forward to the rest of it.
    • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      made it to 50 earlier on about half way through that grade, started the cardassian arc, 2 two episodes in, got so bored of it i left the game and ran x3ap for 6 hours straight upto this point. so yeah, i got a long day ahead of me tomorrow *sigh*.. oh boy!
      T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
      Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    • lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      Once I found out the rewards for the tech was wai (character bound) and the dilith is bound to a specific use and the "account-wide rewards" are meh at best with the exception of maybe the BO, my DR is left right where he's going to stay, just past the tutorial and sitting on Q'onos.

After 12 alts and 5 years, I began to see zero reason to play through missions I've played 100's of times already for some paltry, meaningless benefits to a long-time player. I get that the idea is for new players and it's good for that, just purposeless for me personally.

The one benefit is what I took from the DR scheme: a free character slot I may or may not use at some point and I thank Cryptic for that free item.

I'll just throw it out there that if they're losing long-time players and trying to refill the ranks with new ones, maybe it's time to dig a bit deeper into the issues at hand rather than take a quick-fix mentality by simply trying to replace the old with the new. I laughed when a dev commented on Twitter recently that STO isn't all about the endgame. That's partly true because there is no endgame currently.

Houston, you have a problem. Once new (not returning) players face that hard XP wall at 53/54 and are bombarded by a dil sink at every turn, they're going to feel overwhelmed, look at the actual non-existent endgame and think to themselves "Bah...this is too high a mountain" and move on.

In my best Reagan impersonation, "Cryptic people, tear down that wall!!"
    • groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      My KDF Reman Engineer is level 43 and sat just outside the Nopada system (I think) . Tomorrow is Coliseum day...
      Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
      "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
    • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      Tomorrow is Coliseum day...

And today is Rex Manning Day
      w8xekp.jpg
    • ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      Well I'm at level 54 now.. my ship has made it to Tier 5, I've finished the Breen storyline... gotten the rewards... and decided I was not going to play the grind game to simply play the rest of the storyline... or just to simpy get outfitted by grinding Rep and Crafting to be able to properly play and actually be competant.

So once I can give up all my fleet marks, fleet dilithium, and such I'm going to park her and go back to my main. If I'm going to grind I'm going to do so on a character that's properly equipped to and doesn't require a grind just to get to the level that I can grind.
    • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      Mine is done and collecting contraband as God intended.
      Tza0PEl.png
    • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      darkjeff wrote: »
      For the record, if you're dying you're doing this wrong.

For the record, some of us have lousy hand-eye-coordination. It happens. Some people are just not born with all the skills required to always win at sports or video games. For people like me, an Easy Level would be a god send. Thankfully, dying in this game has little meaning.

:: Faces the direction of Cryptic HQ ::

All praise the wisdom of the Developers.

But seriously, I die a lot because I'm a lousy helmsman. :rolleyes:

No worries. I am getting bit better. I only died three times this last DD mission run. :D

'Sokay. My lack of skill has me doing crazy things and getting impossible results.

Example - So I get her down to 40% and I'm doing my usual crazy driving. She fires and somehow I pull up to it's maw in 2 seconds and do an All-Stop. Torpedoes away. Instead of getting out of the way, I decide to sit there. I want to kill this TRIBBLE. NOW!

So, I'm rapidly clicking the All Weapons button (not to be confused with FAW). (Also, I know I don't need to, but it's my go-to mouse click. Instinct you might say.) She starts to glow a bit brighter. I click faster. Torpedoes Away! I see the purplish explosion. My ship does NOT explode. But then, the DDs dial jumps back to 100 percent. WHAT!?! Then 98. Then 64. 42, 28, 16. Debris begins to float every where. :: Deep Breath :: Sheew!

Funny thing is, had I had the hand-eye-coordination most players take for granted, I never would had the pleasure of *bleeping* down the devils throat like that. It was serious fun. :D
      f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
      Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    • tigerblade66tigerblade66 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      bergins wrote: »
      IIRC, I found it by accident. After I had "The Crew" release and prep the Enterprise, I went back through the door that is opposite the one that takes you down the halls to the ship. The console was just outside that door on the right...

I missed that myself and need to replay it as well. Thanks
      edited April 2015
      But seriously, I die a lot because I'm a lousy helmsman. :rolleyes:

No worries. I am getting bit better. I only died three times this last DD mission run. :D

'Sokay. My lack of skill has me doing crazy things and getting impossible results.

Example - So I get her down to 40% and I'm doing my usual crazy driving. She fires and somehow I pull up to it's maw in 2 seconds and do an All-Stop. Torpedoes away. Instead of getting out of the way, I decide to sit there. I want to kill this TRIBBLE. NOW!

So, I'm rapidly clicking the All Weapons button (not to be confused with FAW). (Also, I know I don't need to, but it's my go-to mouse click. Instinct you might say.) She starts to glow a bit brighter. I click faster. Torpedoes Away! I see the purplish explosion. My ship does NOT explode. But then, the DDs dial jumps back to 100 percent. WHAT!?! Then 98. Then 64. 42, 28, 16. Debris begins to float every where. :: Deep Breath :: Sheew!

Funny thing is, had I had the hand-eye-coordination most players take for granted, I never would had the pleasure of *bleeping* down the devils throat like that. It was serious fun. :D

Well, I'm not saying any death means you're doing it wrong, it's just a dozen deaths sound like you've got the wrong idea of how to do this. Judging from your example, it doesn't sound like there's something wrong with your ability to pilot, but indeed with how you're approaching this.

If you leave the torpedo on autofire, all you have to do is stay at around 11km in front of it, with all power to engines/shields. Then you just fly towards it when the torpedo is off cooldown. The torpedo fires at 10km, and you turn around and get out of range again. Repeat 5 times, and it dies without anyone ever shooting at you.

Not exactly the most challenging in terms of piloting required, just going in circles.
    • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      almost level 53 now, im 2 missions away from completing the dominion arc part of the overal cardassian arc, at last! taking a break, starting to get a headache from eye strain. come back at it later, finish it off.
      T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
      Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      Just got a spiffy new BoP so of course the next mission is Nimbus III.

Yay.
      This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    • fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      My Recruit is parked outside Ganalda, leveling by doffing and already farming like crazy. Might play a couple more missions when the desire strikes.
      edited April 2015
      Well, I'm not saying any death means you're doing it wrong, it's just a dozen deaths sound like you've got the wrong idea of how to do this. Judging from your example, it doesn't sound like there's something wrong with your ability to pilot, but indeed with how you're approaching this.

If you leave the torpedo on autofire, all you have to do is stay at around 11km in front of it, with all power to engines/shields. Then you just fly towards it when the torpedo is off cooldown. The torpedo fires at 10km, and you turn around and get out of range again. Repeat 5 times, and it dies without anyone ever shooting at you.

Not exactly the most challenging in terms of piloting required, just going in circles.

Funny. I tried doing it exactly that way the first time I did this mission, yet it still got blown up ten times in a row and I missed the DD all but the one time when I was right in front of it. That is when I decided to Find Another Way.

I also tried to sit above it, just behind the maw blast direction, wait until it fired and then move in front of it, spin around, fire, then move back to the safe spot above it again. I could not manage to move back to that location quickly enough. In my hands that ship feels, I don't know, too maneuverable. :confused: That probably doesn't make any sense to you, but it far too easy, for me, to over-correct even tiny movements. Add to that the glitchiness that sometimes occurs when there's are a lot of ships firing on a screen, and a key stroke takes longer than it should to initiate and BOOM - another Respawn.

Also, and not that it matters much, but my way, This Music offers the right mood for the mission.

I'm sure the Devs did not create this mission thinking it must be done one way and only this one way. Next time I hit Fleet Admiral, I promise to go back and give your method another try (I love that Torp not to have an XII version), but for now, I am moving on to the next Mission: A Fistful of Gorn.

It's The only mission I will turn the game music back on for. That music feels very Spaghetti Cowboy to me in that environment. But I have to turn it back off before Installation 18 or it will get stuck in my head. :rolleyes:

Hey, I'm having fun in this game. We can't all be Captain Kirks. Some of us have to be Reginald Barclays. :D

:: points up :: That would make a great sig for me, wouldn't it? :D
    • maobemaobe Member Posts: 86 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      ... just hit lv45 and is in the middle of the Episode where the Iconian threat is uncovered. the biggest menace is the constant rubberbanding and the client freezing and/or crashing the GPU... things which happen only(!) in STO, not in TESO, not in LOTRO, not in Cities: Skyline, Diablo3, Planetside 2 etc. pp. its annoying. and maybe i´m putting STO to rest. dont know.
      U.S.S. JUGGERNAUT - Command Science Cruiser
      "Where we are is the front."
      edited April 2015
      Funny. I tried doing it exactly that way the first time I did this mission, yet it still got blown up ten times in a row and I missed the DD all but the one time when I was right in front of it. That is when I decided to Find Another Way.

That... is strange. Maybe you're lagging from all the NPC pew pew?
      edited April 2015
      That... is strange. Maybe you're lagging from all the NPC pew pew?

Probably not. I savored the Save Game function in every pre-MMO game I have ever played. MMOs don't let you save, but some don't care and let you rez like your still playing a solo game.

btw - love your sig choice.
    • jheinigjheinig Member Posts: 364 Cryptic Developer
      edited April 2015
      I'm level 33, tooling around in my Galaxy-class ship, just wrapping up the Romulan story arc and using a lot of crafting to improve my gear! You may have seen some of my adventures last weekend on Twitter with the hashtag #DeltaRecruit.