test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Iconian Resistance Reputation

Comments

• aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    "Okay people, listen up! Starfleet requisitions has found the ideal armour for fighting the oncoming Iconian menace."

"Behold: OUR TRON - GIMPWEAR COLLECTION!"

Well since the Heralds are casting spells and we're all out of pixy dust, Starfleet R&D figured that this was our second best option ... .

... something about fighting absurd with absurd since we couldn't fight fire with fire ...
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Instead of Tron , this suit reminds me Dodgeball movie :D

http://cdn-static.denofgeek.com/sites/denofgeek/files/styles/insert_main_wide_image/public/dodgeball_1.jpg?itok=ytoUwnth

Anyway, another boost for antiproton FAW builds is not too fun..
  • fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Great more Rep grinding, so much fun, not.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Depends on final stats of course, but so far looking good. Finally rep gear worth looking forward to. :cool:

Hope the ground armor has Toxic resist.
  • lmsapsin34474lmsapsin34474 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Howdy all,
    Well have to say that this looks cool and fun and I can not wait.
  • carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Those awful costume designs aside, this is absolutely a meaty looking set. Will be interesting to see if its worth equipping into my current build.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Antiprotons again...? *sigh*

I hope there will be more ways to earn Iconian marks than just three PvE queues. Some new patrols or a Battlezone would be welcome.

PS. The armor is hideous...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • pittpenguin123pittpenguin123 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    looks like those outfits can work as club outfits :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Omega. Its five-year mission: to protect federation space or to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations; to boldly go where no man has gone before.
  • pittpenguin123pittpenguin123 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    looks like those outfits can work as club outfits :)
    the female kind of looks like neon strippers

males arnt that bad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Omega. Its five-year mission: to protect federation space or to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations; to boldly go where no man has gone before.
  • cers001cers001 Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    S&M has just arrived in STO!

and the tier 5 space bonous its only for tanks, are we getting the trinity in sto?
    CVN-65 U.S.S. Enterprise - A ship so badass it survived John McCain.
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If the Advanced and Elite queues that award Iconian Probe Datacores are as trollable as ISA is, it doesn't matter how ugly the equipment is because it won't exist to me, especially if the T5 rep doesn't give any of them, which is likely the case as Delta rep doesn't give any APC at T5.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    When did Club 47 get so dangerous that we needed armor?
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
  • captinjacksparowcaptinjacksparow Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    arrmateys wrote: »
    i wish there were more short stories obtained by reaching each tier, like in new romulus rep which eventually led into sphere of influence, or in dyson rep which ended up with giving us an unique boff.

it sounds like it'll be another reputation without any actual storyline importance, like counter command or delta reputations were.

while i don't think a renegade iconian boff would ever happen, something leading into one of the events would be cool.
    I agree! I thoroughly enjoyed the storylines that came with New Romulus/Dyson reps. It would be nice to see more of those.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    All I know is, should I enable the visuals, this is what will confuse those damn Iconians!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    risian4 wrote: »
    I wonder who the Delta races will be. Probably some of the Vaadwaur alliance species, hopefully with the Voth and the Undine as a new addition :)

Playable Talaxians, I imagine, plus the Benthans and Kobali.

Not sure about that armor though. Looks like we're going to fight them in the nightclubs.

I like the look of the Radiant Antiproton weapons. Will we get regular Radiant Antiproton weapons as we unlock the Rep Store?
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If the Advanced and Elite queues that award Iconian Probe Datacores are as trollable as ISA is, it doesn't matter how ugly the equipment is because it won't exist to me, especially if the T5 rep doesn't give any of them, which is likely the case as Delta rep doesn't give any APC at T5.

Problem is already solved on tribble. Every rep is getting a project to convert 100 marks to one special (BNP, APC, etc). So run normal earn marks, convert them up as needed, ignore advanced and elite if you like.

Also bigger mark to dil projects too.
  • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    cers001 wrote: »
    S&M has just arrived in STO!

After seeing the new ground armor, I can see a reenactment of this at ESD. :o
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    johngazman wrote: »
    Playable Talaxians, I imagine, plus the Benthans and Kobali.

Not sure about that armor though. Looks like we're going to fight them in the nightclubs.

I like the look of the Radiant Antiproton weapons. Will we get regular Radiant Antiproton weapons as we unlock the Rep Store?

Yes, from from being on Tribble, you do unlock regular radiant antiproton...they're basically ap that give up 10% CrtD for 2.5% proc of 1k temp hitpoints, stackable up to 5 times. Only downside is that, like fleet weapons, they come with fixed mods, in this case [CrtD]x2 [Dmg]
    edited April 2015
    Problem is already solved on tribble. Every rep is getting a project to convert 100 marks to one special (BNP, APC, etc). So run normal earn marks, convert them up as needed, ignore advanced and elite if you like.

I'm so glad it's not April 1st.

I don't know what species of shapeshifter or neural parasite has replaced the devs but I welcome our new overlords.
    edited April 2015
    I'm so glad it's not April 1st.

I don't know what species of shapeshifter or neural parasite has replaced the devs but I welcome our new overlords.

Only downside to bear in mind is that the elite mark conversion project is a once-per-20 hour deal, so it'd take a week to get enough for one bit of gear.
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    arrmateys wrote: »
    i wish there were more short stories obtained by reaching each tier, like in new romulus rep which eventually led into sphere of influence, or in dyson rep which ended up with giving us an unique boff.

it sounds like it'll be another reputation without any actual storyline importance, like counter command or delta reputations were.

while i don't think a renegade iconian boff would ever happen, something leading into one of the events would be cool.

During the past five years, the following upgrades were the best additions:
    (1) Season Five (F2P) & "The 2800"
    (2) Season 7's Omega System (revamped rewards)
    (3) "Legacy of Romulus"

Cryptic should have kept DS9's Omega stores, so the location can generate a population.

Once Cryptic pushed everyone into fleets, the population in certain areas started to dwindle.

Featured episodes, casual playing, casual c-store buying, daily calender events, and socializing were what drove me to stick around.
    edited April 2015
    tobiashirt wrote: »
    Only downside to bear in mind is that the elite mark conversion project is a once-per-20 hour deal, so it'd take a week to get enough for one bit of gear.

1 per 20 hours is still much better than the 1 per 40 days of the rep boxes.
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This latest rep is a clear sign that there is no longer an "endgame". The insistence by Cryptic on pushing more and more time- and resource-intensive content in a short period of time is pushing me back to the "casual" category. Chasing things like the uninterrpted string of events, new reputations, new season, all have replaced the leisure of just exploring the Trek universe. I've only done a handful of Foundry missions, hardly reached the Nebula exploration (even as DOff strings), sector/system patrols, etc.

I don't begrudge anyone who chooses to stay on the dev treadmill, but seriously, I also have a real life, so I'm gonna have to unplug from this madness for a while... :(
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • freakshow046freakshow046 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    In the new armor, I personally look forward to storming through Lollipop Forest to get to Candy Castle, hopefully we won't get stuck in Mallases Swamp.

\:P/
    signature-03.png
    edited April 2015
    1 per 20 hours is still much better than the 1 per 40 days of the rep boxes.

True...although if what happened to me just now on tribble makes it to holodeck, even for a brief period, it'll be frustrating. Completed one of the new queues in a pug group (yay!) and got no marks.
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    I just saw the set pieces at epic quality, and I just have to give up on hoping the devs pay attention to science.

The deflector in particular is like a slap in the face yet again. You make those horrific elite fleet deflectors because of the junk stats. Then you go make this Iconian deflectors (http://tinypic.com/r/o00z9d/8). Was starfleet engineering drunk when they made the fleet ones? Did they forget deflectors are for science purposes and decided to put junk stats on them?

For once I would love to see a rep deflector that actually does something for science. Hell, here is an idea.

Epic Vulcan Science Academy Deflector Mk XIV
    +50 Part gens
    +50 Grav gens
    +50 Flow caps
    +2% Stealth Detection
    Decreases Cooldown of science abilities by 10%

There, was that so hard? Did I have to think too much? No. Would it make most science captains happy? Yes. Does it have anything to do with DPS, healing, or resistance? No.

Errr...as much as I generally agree with your sentiments in regards to science, +50 Part Gens and +50 Grav most certainly effect DPS.
    T93uSC8.jpg
    edited April 2015
    Errr...as much as I generally agree with your sentiments in regards to science, +50 Part Gens and +50 Grav most certainly effect DPS.

That, and the fact that flow caps indirectly affect damage by making the enemy less resistant to your attacks (shield stripping or power drain). All said, that hypothetical deflector would immediately jump to best-in-slot for anybody wanting to do space magic. Having "vulcan science academy" in the name...could be a reward for next year's first-contact day :D
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2015

That's indeed good news. I wasn't aware of this until now. Probably the best, most positive announcement for S10 so far.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015

So maybe also?

Epic Tal Shiar Deflector MK XIV
    +50 Countermeasure Systems
    +50 Subspace Decompiler
    +2% Stealth
    +50 Power Insulators
    +50 Inertial Dampeners