What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes - April 7, 2015

Comments

• Options
    tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Iconian Armor(ish) not available yet? Didn't unlock after getting the full ground set.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    toiva wrote: »
    Well, from what I see now on Tribble, it really is worse than before.

It attempts to save the camera distance between system space and sector space (so if you're set reasonably for system space, upon warping to sector, you'll barely see your tiny ship). And that one setting actually sticks around after several transfers from/to system space. (That's the good part.)

BUT as soon as you start changing your camera distance in sector space, it all breaks down and resets the camera right into your ship. No matter what you do, it will randomly reset after a couple seconds. (That's the bad part.)

Proposed solutions:
    - So I see two areas that need to be worked at:
    1) Make it so that tinkering with camera distance in sector space doesn't TRIBBLE it up (AKA the camera distance can be set in sector space and remains as set).
    2) Account for the smaller size of ship models in sector space by proportionately decreasing camera distance when going to sector space (and increasing when going in system space).

- Or alternatively:
    1) Make it so that tinkering with camera distance in sector space doesn't TRIBBLE it up (AKA the camera distance can be set in sector space and remains as set). (Yes, same as above.)
    2) Make it so System space camera distance and Sector space camera distance are two independent and individual values the player can set that load whenever player changes map from one space to another.

Oh, and please, fix beaming out of Qo'nos! It still puts you above the Gorath system instead of the Qo'nos system.

EDIT: I may not have clearly stated why the current situation isn't acceptable: When fighting in system space, one needs to see the surroundings of the ship. Therefore, one cannot keep playing with the camera set right onto the ship. --> That means that when one warps to sector space, one basically doesn't even see the ship he's flying. That small it can get.
    (In fact, even when setting the camera distance in system space as close as possible, it still results in it being too far away from the ship in sector space to comfortably play.)

So that's why I propose the solutions above.

It sounds as though they tried to fix a problem, but misunderstood what the problem actually was. I'm beginning to wonder if they even read my thread, or if they read it, but misunderstood it.

Technical details regarding problems with zoom

I've explained what the problems were before and suggested solutions. In the thread, I even told them which variables to look at in the UI files.
    frtoaster wrote: »
    The default maximum camera distance in sector space is 12. I cannot zoom out farther than this using the mouse wheel. I can set the camera distance to 35 using the command "/camdist 35", but the camera tends to zooms back in. Sometimes, the camera zooms back in immediately. If not, then attempting to zoom out any farther using the mouse wheel will make the camera zoom in. Viewing the ship from certain angles also causes the camera to zoom back in. The user can inadvertently stumble upon such an angle just by looking around.

Ships have been scaled down in sector space. At the same camera distance, a ship looks smaller in sector space than in system space. However, some ships may look bigger in sector space because the camera is much closer to the ship.

The different ship scales also break map transitions from sector space to system space. Upon entering a system from sector space, your ship looks huge, because the camera distance remains the same but ships are much larger in system space.

Another problem is that the camera zooms in very close to the ship when the user beams up from the ground to system space or sector space. This particular bug dates back to Season 6.

Holodeck ticket #3,271,917: Camera zoom bug from Season 6

Beaming up from ground to system space often sets the camera distance to 35. Before the sector space revamp, beaming up from ground to sector space would also set the camera distance to 35, but now it sets the camera distance to 12, the new default maximum.

The system keeps track of three camera distances: one for RPG mode, one for shooter mode, and one for space. There is one camera distance for both system space and sector space. As explained above, the system often ignores the user's chosen camera distance and instead sets the camera very close to the ship. The correct behavior is to save separate camera distances for RPG mode, shooter mode, system space, and sector space, and restore the correct camera distance whenever the user enters a new map.

(a) When the user enters a ground map, set the camera distance to the value saved for RPG mode.
    (b) When the user enters a system space map, set the camera distance to the value saved for system space.
    (c) When the user enters a sector space map, set the camera distance to the value saved for sector space.

The text in green is the best solution, since it also fixes the camera zoom bug from Season 6. Of course, it won't work if they don't increase the maximum camera distance in sector space. You're seeing the camera reset, because they've set the default maximum to 12.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    wanderintxwanderintx Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    [*]Resolved clipping issues between the new canon Galaxy hull and various necks from different Galaxy variants.

Nice! Still appears that the Venture saucer is missing windows on the lower-rear of it's starboard side. Now seems like a good time to get that fixed.
  • Options
    ravenofborgravenofborg Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thank you from all of the Accoladers for fixing Inspired! You give us hope for the future!
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Please Cryptic, get rid of the FOV reduction in sector space. It's truly annoying, and I don't want to have to reset it to 55 all the damn time.
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I hope there is something for fed science ships (few kdf and romulans have) and bird of preys(raiders) or at least the bird of preys since flanking was a kind of good start. I literally would have nothing left to complain about if the bops could get into the meta/dps race once again lol.

It is just frustrating when your favorite iconic canon ships are left out time and time again heh. So here is to hoping something has already been done about it and that we just don't know about it.
  • Options
    vividhvividh Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for the red matter fix and the increase in denominations on the fleet mark projects - finally!!
    In game: @vividh
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It seems like only the Delta reputation's 250 and 500 mark conversion projects have gone live with this, or the game isn't detecting that I have enough marks for the other reputations? Character's Kinanra 2@dragonsbrethren if that could be the case.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    [*]Reordered all Upgrade Slot reputation projects so they will display in this order:
    • Claim Tier Rewards (when available)
    • Mark and Elite Mark Conversion Projects
    • Sponsorship Projects
    • Miscellaneous Projects

While I too am greatful for the additional marks-to-dil options, I'm not sure why the above was needed .

Currently , the easiest mark-to-dil projects to find in the lists of projects are the Borg and Romulan ones, as they are at the very bottom of their respective lists .
    OTOTH, the hardest ones to find are the Nukara ones , as they are stuck somewhere in the middle of the awards list .

It would really help if all the marks-to-dil projects were at the bottom of their respective lists, for easier repeated use .

... thanks again for the new projects ... :)
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    brok3nmind wrote: »
    . . . and the "Elite Mark" will give us what, exactly ??

Neural Processors, Isomorphic Injections, Ancient Power Cells and the like are elite marks.

Wonder what this will do to the Advanded/Elite STF Queues, but I like it.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    [*]Added a Bloom Intensity slider button to the Advanced options in the Options menu.

i think this broke the whole bloom effect. now things don't look like they have nearly any bloom, especially the stars which look almost the same with and without bloom, just a little bit brighter.

first is 100% bloom. second is 0% bloom. third is with disabled postprocessing for comparison.
    H1GxbWG.jpg
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • Options
    machel84machel84 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Neural Processors, Isomorphic Injections, Ancient Power Cells and the like are elite marks.

Wonder what this will do to the Advanded/Elite STF Queues, but I like it.

Probably no effect at all on Advanced/Elite STF queues. The project to convert Marks to BNP/Isomorphic etc, is on a 20 hour cooldown, which is just too damn long to be justifiable. In that time, I could run the same STF over and over again (once per hour), and get 20 BNPs from 20 Advanced runs.

TL;DR:

The cooldown for Marks -> Elite Marks project should be 1 to 2 hours
    (or no cooldown at all like the Marks -> Dilithium projects)
  • Options
    idkodeidkode Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Great patch notes, and interesting additions to the Foundry too.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Very nice rep changes. All I need now is for you guys to put the elite marks on the currency tab so they aren't clogging up my inventory/bank anymore and I'll be golden.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    machel84 wrote: »
    2 glitches found with the revamped Sector Space currently:

- Camera feels like zooming in/out at will while traveling through Sector Space
    - DS9 is scaled HUGE in Sector Space, dwarfing the entire Bajor System

Flying around the new Sector Space, it appears that DS9, Drozana and K-7 are the only stations which are currently scaled incorrectly on the Sector Space map.

Deep Space K-7: Big, but has no surrounding system for scale comparison. Looks okay.
    Deep Space Nine: HUGE, dwarves the entire surrounding Bajor system.
    Drozana Station: Big, but has no surrounding system for scale comparison. Looks okay.
    Earth Spacedock: Non-existent in Sector Space.
    Federation Fleet Starbase: Looks okay.
    Ganalda Station: Non-existent in Sector Space.
    Klingon Fleet Starbase: Looks okay.
    Starbase 39-Sierra: Small. Looks okay.

DS9 is the only major offender in terms of scale. K-7 and Drozana are large, but as they have no surrounding systems, their sizes are acceptable. Starbase 39-Sierra is pretty small on the map, but looks okay given it's located next to a moon.

Either the stations should be re-scaled to 39-Sierra size, or made non-existent (like ESD/Ganalda). Would definitely suggest someone look into the scaling issues before this goes live.

personally i say leave the stations big. the big DS9 helps make the Bajor System one of the most interesting systems in sector space. (by the way, DS9 is Outside the Bajor system in the Denarios belt, so why would you want it invisible?) and i think a small ESD, Ganalda, and maybe Qo'nos shipyard could be added. also, the Romulan Flotilla is spread WAY out from each other now since our ships are small, no longer looks like a flotilla
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It sounds as though they tried to fix a problem, but misunderstood what the problem actually was. I'm beginning to wonder if they even read my thread, or if they read it, but misunderstood it.

Technical details regarding problems with zoom

I've explained what the problems were before and suggested solutions. In the thread, I even told them which variables to look at in the UI files.

The text in green is the best solution, since it also fixes the camera zoom bug from Season 6. Of course, it won't work if they don't increase the maximum camera distance in sector space. You're seeing the camera reset, because they've set the default maximum to 12.
    Well, they actually tried to do something about this, so there's some hope it is on their radar.

And by the looks of it, the current max camera distance is now much lower than 12 in sector space. Flying in a T5-U B'Rel (one of the smallest ships there are), when you change your camera distance to anything in sector space, it resets to very very close to it (sorry I don't have numbers, that's your specialty with all the different commands).
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    While I too am greatful for the additional marks-to-dil options, I'm not sure why the above was needed .

Currently , the easiest mark-to-dil projects to find in the lists of projects are the Borg and Romulan ones, as they are at the very bottom of their respective lists .
    OTOTH, the hardest ones to find are the Nukara ones , as they are stuck somewhere in the middle of the awards list .

It would really help if all the marks-to-dil projects were at the bottom of their respective lists, for easier repeated use .

... thanks again for the new projects ... :)
    Well those projects now being on top should be equally as easy to find, no? (Easier, since the re always shows the top projects when you tab enter the rep tab.) And with the addition of larger quantity mark turn-ins, it should be made even easier.
    arrmateys wrote: »
    i think this broke the whole bloom effect. now things don't look like they have nearly any bloom, especially the stars which look almost the same with and without bloom, just a little bit brighter.

first is 100% bloom. second is 0% bloom. third is with disabled postprocessing for comparison.
    H1GxbWG.jpg

Just wondering, what's your bloom quality set to (in graphics tab)? Perhaps at some of the bloom quality settings, the intensity one has very limited range.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Added a Bloom Intensity slider button to the Advanced options in the Options menu.

This can't be right. The "Bloom intensity" slider has been in the "Advanced" tab since Season 9, though it wasn't always in the same position. I have the screenshots to prove it.

Holodeck 08/04/2014: http://i.imgur.com/Ke6WySz.png
    Tribble 03/01/2015: http://i.imgur.com/3PmgQ8L.png

So the "Bloom intensity" slider couldn't have been added in this patch.

H1GxbWG.jpg

At first glance, this looks like a return of the bloom bug from Season 9, which they finally fixed in Delta Rising after I complained numerous times.

Holodeck ticket #2,624,821: Excessive bloom since Season 9

I really hope this is not the case.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    toiva wrote: »
    Just wondering, what's your bloom quality set to (in graphics tab)? Perhaps at some of the bloom quality settings, the intensity one has very limited range.
    high, but changing it makes very little difference. low and off look nearly identical, and high is only a fraction brighter.

i think the suns should have their brightness increased now so that they look more like the previews from the past.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    [*]Reordered all Upgrade Slot reputation projects so they will display in this order:
    • Claim Tier Rewards (when available)
    • Mark and Elite Mark Conversion Projects
    • Sponsorship Projects
    • Miscellaneous Projects

It would really help if all the marks-to-dil projects were at the bottom of their respective lists, for easier repeated use

I disagree entirely (with the part highlighted in orange)! Having the conversion projects at the bottom means I have to scroll to the bottom every time I want to use one. I'd much rather have them at the top so that when I click on the list of projects they are right there at the top, no scrolling required.

Consider that the Claim Tier Rewards will only show on the top when they're around/available, which only happens five times while leveling your Rep. Once you reach Tier 5, you won't be seeing any more CTRs, so the conversion projects will be at the top.

:)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    • Added a project to exchange 100 Reputation Marks for 1 Elite Mark
      • This project has a 5 second duration and a 20 hour cooldown
      • This project does not exist in Reputations that do not have an Elite Mark

I feel we need to talk about this, because it is awesome.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    machel84machel84 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    personally i say leave the stations big. the big DS9 helps make the Bajor System one of the most interesting systems in sector space. (by the way, DS9 is Outside the Bajor system in the Denarios belt, so why would you want it invisible?) and i think a small ESD, Ganalda, and maybe Qo'nos shipyard could be added. also, the Romulan Flotilla is spread WAY out from each other now since our ships are small, no longer looks like a flotilla

I'd like to know where it was said that DS9 is located outside the Bajor system? I've seen the series repeatedly, and I can't recall a single moment where this was stated. In fact...

DS9/Terok Nor was originally in orbit of Bajor (the planet). It was later moved to the mouth of the wormhole/Celestial Temple, which is located: In the Bajor System. The Denorios Belt is located bewtween the Bajor System and Cardassia, and Capt Sisko (while onboard an ancient Bajoran solar sailship) traveled through/past the belt to Cardassia. DS9 was not IN the Denorios Belt.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If it was april 1rst, I wouldn't believe it. TO be honest, I'm still not sure if it's true.
    RMC fix ? Wow... Does that mean you are going to add it in the cstore/craft ? Anyway, IDC, yes, it's that good.

Rep conversion : awesome !
    Slim should pad for Romulan ? Consider me VERY interested.

Awesome patch note.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Outstanding notes, good stuff considering how long we've been waiting.

Gotta show love for the marks to elite mark conversion, that's outstanding.

Even for people who aren't running advanced, if they put in the time, they can still grind out the elite marks and work their way to the best gear, that's great.

Any word on the Dyson Ship Bug?

I'd like to see this Romulan shoulder pad thing.

This is completely incorrect.

The Denorios belt is within the Bajor System, a plasma band, analogous to our own Solar System's Asteroid Belt in position.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/images/2/2f/Bajoran_system.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130219174527&path-prefix=en

My personal preference would be to see tiny versions of the stations within their appropriate systems, or perhaps a holographic representation in the system, like the starships around Spacedock display in front of Quinn's office.

That said, if DS9 looks bigger than the Bajor system, something has to change there, that's an outlier at best and a glitch at worst.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I disagree entirely (with the part highlighted in orange)! Having the conversion projects at the bottom means I have to scroll to the bottom every time I want to use one. I'd much rather have them at the top so that when I click on the list of projects they are right there at the top, no scrolling required.

Consider that the Claim Tier Rewards will only show on the top when they're around/available, which only happens five times while leveling your Rep. Once you reach Tier 5, you won't be seeing any more CTRs, so the conversion projects will be at the top.

:)
    Agreed. Moreover those nukara conversion projects for the outdated set items need to go to the end of the list, and/or only appear if a character owns the old set. I REALLY hate scrolling through those looking for an upgrade or dil conversion.
  • Options
    johnthomas00johnthomas00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I love being ablee to test the rep gear like this, I just wish they would let us test ships on tribble to. It's be nice to fly one there for alittle while testing before buying them you know?They did it once with rommie ships but no one else.
  • Options
    sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I love being ablee to test the rep gear like this, I just wish they would let us test ships on tribble to. It's be nice to fly one there for alittle while testing before buying them you know?They did it once with rommie ships but no one else.

I hear ya, they used to have a test console on ESD/Qo'nos Shipyard where we could test the available ships at the time, although not all of them were available. IIRC, the three Odyssey and Bortasqu' variants were the last ships for Feds and KDF that they allowed testing for.
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited April 2015

H1GxbWG.jpg

I did notice that this seemed to affect bloom on our starships as well, even at full strength. The nacelle and deflector "glow" seemed less on Tribble after this update. Though to be fair all of my Starfleet ships, besides the new Galaxy-class, don't really seem as lit up now in the new sector space; the windows, impulse engines/warp nacelles, and such are pretty dull looking.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Lol, they fixed the Inspired accolade. If they fix those dumb level 51-60 broken accolades, and the Fleet Alert and SB Incursion ones, I'll have nothing to complain about accolade wise personally.
  • Options
    rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Resolved an issue that was causing "Expose Weakness" to sometimes apply the Expose effect to the owner of this ability, instead of the target.

Point towards enemy?
  • Options
    rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This can't be right. The "Bloom intensity" slider has been in the "Advanced" tab since Season 9, though it wasn't always in the same position. I have the screenshots to prove it.

Holodeck 08/04/2014: http://i.imgur.com/Ke6WySz.png
    Tribble 03/01/2015: http://i.imgur.com/3PmgQ8L.png

So the "Bloom intensity" slider couldn't have been added in this patch.

At first glance, this looks like a return of the bloom bug from Season 9, which they finally fixed in Delta Rising after I complained numerous times.

Holodeck ticket #2,624,821: Excessive bloom since Season 9

I really hope this is not the case.

That's weird. Your picture for tribble is what my view of holodeck looks like and has been so for some time. we already have a bloom intensity slider as well as another bloom option of OFF, LOW and HIGH of which OFF and LOW are virtually identical.

It's still a worthless option for me and i'v been forced to turn it off. the effect makes star/suns look awesome but nebulas its blinding and my goodness if I have any shield effect on my ship (first noticed it when aegis shield, tier 4 nukara trait and RSP went off at the same time) I was just a giant ball of light in space. RSP alone is enough to shut bloom off completely.

i'm not sure if this is a problem for other players, i would have to assume. but the intensity slider needs another modifier to soften the intensity. maybe bloom brightness or contrast?