test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Account Bound/Character Bound Gear

wmdracutus006wmdracutus006 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
With the release of Delta Recruits, playing our main/old toons just don't seem to have its flare anymore. yes there are account wide unlocks if you play these new toons, but you have to play them. To me its really a kick in the back side for all of us who have dedicated so much time, effort and money into our mains that its really put me off the game. (yes yes whine whine)

The account unlocks via DR does not really equal to what has been put into our mains I feel and Cryptic are again leaving the ones who have carried them through for many years behind. There is really no worth being a "Veteran" anymore.

There are a couple of ways I think that we can achieve this.

1. Make all gear Account Bound instead of character bound. Even if this is for "an event week" or even (if they have too) chuck in a small fee to do this. Also you could probably omit items that can be earnt via the rep or mission rewards, but for other things like boffs that you have bought via the cstore, uniforms, doffs, lock box items, and other character bound items.

2. Give us the option to reroll our characters (not just changing our skills) and start from level one to be able to include the DR option, and leave all of the gear, bought items intact, making them available when we have reached the appropriate level, if the gear came with such.

I cant see how this is hard to do, though the second way is less likely I think.

Some thoughts?
Post edited by wmdracutus006 on

Comments

• Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Interesting thoughts. I really like the sound of your 2. suggestion but overall I don't agree with you.

For me the delta recruits themselfs have no worth, they're there for the account wide unlocks and that's it.
    The only thing exclusive to them is the funny little symbol next to their names and some worthless title.

Marks can be cashed in for dil, gear sold at vendors, dil and EC can easily be transferred and then all that's left is said exclusive stuff that's worthless.

I won't delete the one I made because he dosen't bother me but chances are once I got all unlocks I'll be back on my main(s) who overcame the grind the delta guy has yet to endure and only thouch him during events to get him the missing ships.
  • Options
    thegcbaconthegcbacon Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    With the release of Delta Recruits, playing our main/old toons just don't seem to have its flare anymore. yes there are account wide unlocks if you play these new toons, but you have to play them. To me its really a kick in the back side for all of us who have dedicated so much time, effort and money into our mains that its really put me off the game. (yes yes whine whine)

The account unlocks via DR does not really equal to what has been put into our mains I feel and Cryptic are again leaving the ones who have carried them through for many years behind. There is really no worth being a "Veteran" anymore.

Some thoughts?

Entitlement in F2P game never get old. You don't want to waste time on a Recruit, then don't. It's that simple. You're not losing anything on your main either way.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    With the release of Delta Recruits, playing our main/old toons just don't seem to have its flare anymore. yes there are account wide unlocks if you play these new toons, but you have to play them. To me its really a kick in the back side for all of us who have dedicated so much time, effort and money into our mains that its really put me off the game.

Eh. Sure, I'm having fun leveling up another new alt, but it'll never replace my main. /shrug

But, then, I've done that with six other characters over the years, too. Nothing new here.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I really cant see where you are coming from with this, once finished gaining all the rewards the delta recruit will be far as you can get from one of my seasoned characters.

in crafting he will have only T5 on one school and T10 on another unlike my mains that have at least T15 throughout.
    he will have hardly any specializations if any.
    he will have hardly any mk12 gear if any most will be far below unlike my mains who all have at least minimum mk12 rare throughout and some up to mk14 ultra and epic gear.
    he certainly wont have any of the high end special sets.
    he will have very little dilithium and EC once I transfer it all to my mains or donate it to the fleet.
    he will have very little progress in reputation.
    and he will have no crafting mats once I transfer them to my mains.
    in fact he will have hardly anything and will be relegated for farming doff missions for my alts.
    he certainly wont do any of the later story missions if I can help it.

I may play him a little here and there to maybe finish reputations and get the dil bonuses for my mains but that will be it.

unless your old characters have seen very little regular play time till now I cant see how they will not be far more powerful then a delta.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,950 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Eh. Sure, I'm having fun leveling up another new alt, but it'll never replace my main. /shrug

What madman said it had to?
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As much as it would be nice to be able to transfer things from a character I don't plan on playing anymore (I already was considering making a new main, this event just made it easier), it doesn't bother me to need to get them again either.
  • Options
    mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    *snip*

2. Give us the option to reroll our characters (not just changing our skills) and start from level one .......*snip*

+1 this idea