test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ST renegades trailer

dourifdourif Member Posts: 52 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Ten Forward
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjeX5drV9ms

Looks interesting. Cool cast (Parker Lewis!? :cool: )
Post edited by dourif on

Comments

• Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    I'm quite looking foreword to this, I'm still not sure about the tone but it could be fun.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    paramvirmodiparamvirmodi Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    any idea when this is coming our way?
  • Options
    dourifdourif Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    any idea when this is coming our way?

It says summer 2015, but I think it's been finished for a while now, but they had some issues with cbs (I think they want this to be a pilot for a series).

Personally I'm more exited about Axanar, though this feels like the most 'official' thing since Nemesis, since it has a lot if the original cast reprising their old roles: Tuvok, Zimmerman, Paris and Echeb (who is more borg for some reason). I don't really like the Federation uniforms though.

That said wouldn't it be interesting, if they struck a deal with STO, do do a featured episode of some kind with the cast.
  • Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Having thoroughly enjoyed Of Gods and Men, I'm well looking forward to this!

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    cavaleriuscavalerius Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    artan42 wrote: »
    I'm quite looking foreword to this, I'm still not sure about the tone but it could be fun.

The tone kind of reminds me of the tone Battlestar Galactica producers were aiming for, and that was a good series up until the middle when they ran out of ideas.

Renegades producers: "Renegades will be a departure from previous Treks – delving into the dark side of the human psyche, pushing our heroes to their limits, forcing them to carry out actions that they never would have as Starfleet officers."

It'll be different, and different is what thrives when introduced to Star Trek. Mirror universe for example, Voyager's lost in space theme, Enterprise's beginning where it felt Starfleet was only just taking its first proper steps into space travel, time travel to WW2/cold war... I just hope Renegades producers haven't dropped the ball on this one.
    dourif wrote: »
    It says summer 2015, but I think it's been finished for a while now, but they had some issues with cbs (I think they want this to be a pilot for a series).

That's right, a pilot for an online series. Being owned & copyrighted by CBS, they're seeing what legal actions they have in regards to selling it, or if CBS will distribute it for them which would mean there's a larger price tag, but it's definitely worth the money & it would gain popularity. At the moment, they're polishing up the last VFX scenes, and they've got a lot - 637. Wrath of Khan & terminator has about 100...
    Beta Antares Shipyards advanced Starship development project.
    CLASSIFIED
    [SIGPIC]the_forseeable_future_by_jetfreak_7-d3dvsud.png
    [/SIGPIC]
    SUPPORT LOGICAL FEDERATION STARSHIP DESIGNS!