test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes - April 7, 2015

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
Tribble is being brought down for maintenance to update it to build ST.50.20150401a.3.

New Feature:

Iconian Resistance Reputation:
  • This new reputation is available in the Reputations panel of the character status window.
  • The Iconian Resistance Reputation System offers high-end rewards for Captains at level 60.
  • Iconian Marks are required to progress through the Iconian Resistance Reputation and obtain powerful items.
  • Earn Iconian Marks by completing any of the following:
    • The Herald Sphere Queue
    • Brotherhood of the Sword Queue
    • Gateway to Gre’thor Queue
  • In addition to Iconian Marks, Mk XII set gear requires Iconian Probe Datacores.
    • Earn Iconian Probe Datacores through higher difficulty versions of any queued event which offers Iconian Marks.
    • These Iconian Probe Datacores can also be sold for Dilithium Ore.
  • This system is still a work in progress.
  • For Tribble only, projects will complete in 10 seconds instead of the standard completion times.
  • Also for Tribble only, the Drozana test console will have Iconian Reputation rewards available for testing.
  • For more details, please view the Iconian Resistance Reputation blog post here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9129383-iconian-resistance-reputation

Sector Revamp:
  • Added asteroid belts to appropriate systems in the Alpha, Beta, and Delta Quadrants.
  • Added collision to the boundaries of the Delta Quadrant.
  • Resolved an issue where the camera distance was not being saved when moving from system space to sector space maps.
  • Resolved scaling issues with Breen and Borg item set FX and Level up FX in the new sector space maps.

General:
  • Updated the lighting on ships to better show off more details.
    • This applies to most player and NPC ships.
  • The Mirror T’Varo properly unlocks the Mirror material.
  • Resolved an issue where the Andromeda ship costume was missing several features such as windows, registry numbers, decals and wasn't showing up in the Tailor as a preset for a Tier 3 Galaxy if the T6 version had been purchased.
    • To correct these issues, players may need to visit the tailor and select the Andromeda preset.
  • Resolved clipping issues between the new canon Galaxy hull and various necks from different Galaxy variants.
  • The “Earn for Next Grade” in the progress tab of the character window now updates information up to level 59.
  • Added a Bloom Intensity slider button to the Advanced options in the Options menu.
  • Resolved an issue which was preventing players from obtaining their +damage vs. Bluegills power when reaching the 3rd tier accolade for Bluegill kills.
  • Updated "Inspired" accolade so that it can be completed.
  • “Uneasy Allies” is fully implemented.
    • This mission was previously not available on Tribble.
  • The Delta Recruit system is fully updated on Tribble.
    • This system was not previously finished on Tribble.

Systems:
  • Reputation Rewards:
    • All Mark and Elite Mark conversion projects now only take 5 seconds to complete instead of 15 seconds.
    • Reordered all Upgrade Slot reputation projects so they will display in this order:
      • Claim Tier Rewards (when available)
      • Mark and Elite Mark Conversion Projects
      • Sponsorship Projects
      • Miscellaneous Projects
    • Added a project to exchange 100 Reputation Marks for 1 Elite Mark
      • This project has a 5 second duration and a 20 hour cooldown
      • This project does not exist in Reputations that do not have an Elite Mark
    • Added higher-denomination Mark-to-Dilithium conversion projects to all reputations
      • The existing project (50 Marks = 500 Dilithium) remains available and unaltered
      • Two new projects are now available: 250 Marks for 2500 Dilithium, and 500 Marks for 5000 Dilithium
      • Each of these higher-input projects will only appear in the player’s list if the player has at least enough Marks to complete them.
  • Removed extra copy of Stun Grenade I from Bridge Officer Trainer Store.
  • Updated description on Concussive Tachyon Emission from the T5 Delta Reputation to indicate that it is a Ground Active Trait.
  • The [Run] Mod is now for crafting only.
  • Resolved an issue that was causing "Expose Weakness" to sometimes apply the Expose effect to the owner of this ability, instead of the target.
  • Temporal Backstep – Resolved an issue that was causing portions of this console's effects to not properly apply to Romulan Timeships.
  • Red Matter Capacitor – Resolved an issue that was preventing this Device from repairing Weapons Offline status when activated.
  • Resolved an issue that was causing drops of Secondary Deflectors to go directly into players' inventories without needing to interact with them.
  • Resolved an issue where the Armor Penetration ground trait from the Delta Alliance Reputation was giving players 50% Armor Penetration, instead of the 5% advertised.
    • Also, the Armor Penetration value has been increased to 10%.
  • Resolved an issue that was preventing Predictive Algorithms from properly clearing debuffs.
  • Each of the follow projects for Fleet Starbases now provide 5 Buff Provisions at T0, instead of zero, and an increasing number for each Tier after that instead of 5 at all tiers:
    • Support Local Systems
    • Reinforce Local Systems
    • Ongoing Research Projects
  • Renamed the Crystalline Entity's death explosion to be more thematically appropriate
    • Crystalline Core Shatter instead of Warp Core Breach.

Foundry:
  • Added Earth Spacedock as a UGC Map.
  • Added numerous Earth Spacedock Map Support Objects, including:
    • Turbolift and Club 47 Doors
    • Ops Holographic Consoles
    • Ship Markers
  • Added Ground Scale Ship models for use in the ESD Docking Bay and other maps.
  • Added a number of Space Stations.
  • Updated the UGC Version of the Bajor Planet to use the proper material.

Character:
  • Resolved clipping issues when wearing the Romulan Republic Female Uppers.
  • The chest on the Female Delta Alliance Armor has been adjusted for better animation.
  • The Male Romulan Lower Pants have been changed to have 2 color options instead of 3 as intended.
  • New “Slim” versions of the Romulan Shoulder Pads are now available.
  • Resolved an issue causing cropped Winter Jackets on Female Klingons to loon incorrect for the chest.
  • The Wells Badges no longer float far above the Wells Uniform.
  • Resolved an issue which was causing the toes of the Female Honor Guard Boots to point inward while running.
  • Resolved a clipping issue on the sides and back for the Female Upper Mirror Universe uniform.
  • Overlay costumes for new players appearing in the "Fed Academy graduation cutscene" should now properly override skirts with pants on female Federation characters.

Known Issues:
  • Sector Space Revamp is not in a final state.
    • Numerous transwarps from missions do not place the player in the correct location.
    • Some ship FX scales incorrectly in Sector Space.
  • The Herald Sphere is not in a final state.
    • The queue does not have a cooldown.
    • The powers and FX for the Heralds are not finalized.
  • Brotherhood of the Sword is not in a final state.
    • Some of the interacts lose their fx.
    • Player may occasionally respawn in a wall.
    • The second phase can be completed with only 1 interact.
  • Mission objectives don't display on the tracker until the window is updated another way such as opening the In Progress mission journal.
  • Beam in/Warp in animations don't play when entering or leaving mission maps.
Post edited by coldsnapped on

Comments

• Options
    icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    WELP, time to TEST! I need to see ALL of this.
  • Options
    psych2lpsych2l Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Woah, lots of bug fixes I thought I'd never see. I knew the ground felt a bit cool today lol
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Finally big mark conversion projects. .

Who ever did this I LOVE YOU lol
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Foundry:
    • Added Earth Spacedock as a UGC Map.
    • Added numerous Earth Spacedock Map Support Objects, including:
      • Turbolift and Club 47 Doors
      • Ops Holographic Consoles
      • Ship Markers
    • Added Ground Scale Ship models for use in the ESD Docking Bay and other maps.
    • Added a number of Space Stations.
    • Updated the UGC Version of the Bajor Planet to use the proper material.

A big thank you to the kind souls who did this in their spare time!

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Thank you for all the new foundry goodness...

Tried to write in all caps, but the forums didn't like that. XD
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for all the Foundry stuff! :D
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Systems:

Reputation Rewards...

OMG! Finally, FINALLY!!! Wow, this is all so much WIN!!!!

(Especially love being able to turn in 100 Marks for 1 Elite Mark. My Alts will LOVE you!!!)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited April 2015
    Elite Mark converters?!

WOO HOO!!! :D
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    brok3nmindbrok3nmind Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    (Especially love being able to turn in 100 Marks for 1 Elite Mark. My Alts will LOVE you!!!)

. . . and the "Elite Mark" will give us what, exactly ??
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Resolved an issue where the Armor Penetration ground trait from the Delta Alliance Reputation was giving players 50% Armor Penetration, instead of the 5% advertised.
    ---Also, the Armor Penetration value has been increased to 10%.

The 5% to 10%...is just for Ground or both Ground and Space?
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    The 5% to 10%...is just for Ground or both Ground and Space?

Just ground.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    brok3nmind wrote: »

Elite marks are the Borg neural processors and each rep's equivalent.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    brok3nmind wrote: »
    The Elite Marks are required by some Reps to get the best gear. For example, to unlock the Mk XII ground Omega Rep set, you need so many Borg Neural Processors (BNPs). Currently the BNPs are only available by playing Advanced/Elite versions of the Borg STFs. With this update, even those playing on Normal and earning the regular Marks will be able to spend 100 of those Marks for 1 BNP (or whatever the Elite Mark is called for a given Rep). This is great news!
    lowestlvl wrote: »
    wasnt this suppose to fix whatever was offline at time of activation?
    Yes, it was supposed to, but it's been bugged for a long time. Recently (finally!) one of the Devs (Bort, I think) noticed a(nother) thread about it and found that the RMC was fixing all the offline subsystems except Weapons. For some reason that portion of the RMC's ability was bugged. This patch squishes that bug.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    lowestlvl wrote: »
    wasnt this suppose to fix whatever was offline at time of activation?

It already worked for Engines, Shields and Aux Offline, but was not working correctly to cleanse Weapons Offline.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just ground.

Thanks, Bort. :D
  • Options
    machel84machel84 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    2 glitches found with the revamped Sector Space currently:

- Camera feels like zooming in/out at will while traveling through Sector Space
    - DS9 is scaled HUGE in Sector Space, dwarfing the entire Bajor System

Flying around the new Sector Space, it appears that DS9, Drozana and K-7 are the only stations which are currently scaled incorrectly on the Sector Space map.

Deep Space K-7: Big, but has no surrounding system for scale comparison. Looks okay.
    Deep Space Nine: HUGE, dwarves the entire surrounding Bajor system.
    Drozana Station: Big, but has no surrounding system for scale comparison. Looks okay.
    Earth Spacedock: Non-existent in Sector Space.
    Federation Fleet Starbase: Looks okay.
    Ganalda Station: Non-existent in Sector Space.
    Klingon Fleet Starbase: Looks okay.
    Starbase 39-Sierra: Small. Looks okay.

DS9 is the only major offender in terms of scale. K-7 and Drozana are large, but as they have no surrounding systems, their sizes are acceptable. Starbase 39-Sierra is pretty small on the map, but looks okay given it's located next to a moon.

Either the stations should be re-scaled to 39-Sierra size, or made non-existent (like ESD/Ganalda). Would definitely suggest someone look into the scaling issues before this goes live.
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited April 2015
    A huge TY for the marks conversion increases. A small change with a huge quality of life improvement.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You did well on this update.,
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    xablisxablis Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So how about that "fix" for sensor analysis for KDF players who had the Tholian Orb Weaver ship and tried to upgrade it to t5 before a month ago that was "promised"? Have seen no mention of this since the "fix" that allowed people who had newly acquired the ship to have sensor analysis upon upgrade...
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thank you Cryptic for all of this. I look forward to season 10. :D

Edit: Sorry for bugging you (no pun intended), but did you guys manage to finally fix KDF winter scarves? They still aren't available for off duty wear. I reported it back in December and a dev posted in the thread that the issue was verified.
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Resolved an issue where the camera distance was not being saved when moving from system space to sector space maps.

Am I reading this wrong, or did you get it backwards? I think you're trying to say that you've fixed this problem:
    frtoaster wrote: »
    The different ship scales also break map transitions from sector space to system space. Upon entering a system from sector space, your ship looks huge, because the camera distance remains the same but ships are much larger in system space.

If you've actually fixed this problem, then great. Are there plans to address the other problems I mentioned in the thread below?

Technical details regarding problems with zoom
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just tried this on Tribble. Well, the camera doesn't actually remember where you set the distance, since entering a system has it zoomed in all the way, and going to sector space from system space has it zoomed out a fair bit. Also, even if you do adjust the camera, it will randomly zoom all the way in while traveling in sector space.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well, you go up and down, cryptic. DR, then Delta Recruits, then you release info on the new Iconian rep and now all those fixes.

I'm particularly happy about some of the fixes (Inspired acco, Intel spec ship trait) and quality of life upgrades (mark turn-ins).

Now what exactly do you mean by saving camera distance between system/sector space? Is the camera distance supposed to stay the same in both environments (thus making the ship much smaller in sector space because of the downscaling) or does it account for the downscaling in sector space (thus making the ship look exactly same on the screen in both 'spaces' - that'd mean the camera distance is actually lower in sector space) or does it save independently the values of camera distance in system space and sector space?

I'd check but currently the character copy feature doesn't work (EDIT: Now finally it seems to copy chars again as intended.) and I have little to no useful testing chars left on Tribble (thought I reached the max amount of them so started deleting them, which didn't help with copying of new ones anyway).
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    • Reputation Rewards:
    • Added a project to exchange 100 Reputation Marks for 1 Elite Mark

This is a GREAT idea and one that I've been asking for a while for. I think the 100 to 1 ratio is still a bit high... and the 20 hour cool down is REALLY high.. but we're on the right track here with this.

Hopefully this will help with people want to get into Advanced queues just to get an elite mark before they're ready. At a 100:1 and a 20 hour coold down... this is still barely viable other then when you find yourself 1 elite mark short and have too many regular marks.
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    toiva wrote: »
    Well, you go up and down, cryptic. DR, then Delta Recruits, then you release info on the new Iconian rep and now all those fixes.

I'm particularly happy about some of the fixes (Inspired acco, Intel spec ship trait) and quality of life upgrades (mark turn-ins).

Now what exactly do you mean by saving camera distance between system/sector space? Is the camera distance supposed to stay the same in both environments (thus making the ship much smaller in sector space because of the downscaling) or does it account for the downscaling in sector space (thus making the ship look exactly same on the screen in both 'spaces' - that'd mean the camera distance is actually lower in sector space) or does it save independently the values of camera distance in system space and sector space?

I'd check but currently the character copy feature doesn't work and I have little to no useful testing chars left on Tribble (thought I reached the max amount of them so started deleting them, which didn't help with copying of new ones anyway).

Are you sure it's not working? Because I was able to copy my characters over just fine.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    amosov78 wrote: »
    Just tried this on Tribble. Well, the camera doesn't actually remember where you set the distance, since entering a system has it zoomed in all the way, and going to sector space from system space has it zoomed out a fair bit. Also, even if you do adjust the camera, it will randomly zoom all the way in while traveling in sector space.
    toiva wrote: »

If I'm interpreting amosov78 correctly, he's saying that when you exit a system to sector space, they keep the system space camera distance, making the ship look smaller. But if you try to manually adjust the camera angle or distance, the camera will zoom back in, because the maximum camera distance in sector space is still 12. If amosov78 is correct, then this doesn't actually fix any of the camera zoom problems. In fact, it makes things worse.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Are you sure it's not working? Because I was able to copy my characters over just fine.

Ah, thanks for your reply. I retried and this (fourth time in two days) it worked.

I'll edit it in my post.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    frtoaster wrote: »
    If I'm interpreting amosov78 correctly, he's saying that when you exit a system to sector space, they keep the system space camera distance, making the ship look smaller. But if you try to manually adjust the camera angle or distance, the camera will zoom back in, because the maximum camera distance in sector space is still 12. If amosov78 is correct, then this doesn't actually fix any of the camera zoom problems. In fact, it makes things worse.

Well, from what I see now on Tribble, it really is worse than before.

It attempts to save the camera distance between system space and sector space (so if you're set reasonably for system space, upon warping to sector, you'll barely see your tiny ship). And that one setting actually sticks around after several transfers from/to system space. (That's the good part.)

BUT as soon as you start changing your camera distance in sector space, it all breaks down and resets the camera right into your ship. No matter what you do, it will randomly reset after a couple seconds. (That's the bad part.)

Proposed solutions:
    - So I see two areas that need to be worked at:
    1) Make it so that tinkering with camera distance in sector space doesn't TRIBBLE it up (AKA the camera distance can be set in sector space and remains as set).
    2) Account for the smaller size of ship models in sector space by proportionately decreasing camera distance when going to sector space (and increasing when going in system space).

- Or alternatively:
    1) Make it so that tinkering with camera distance in sector space doesn't TRIBBLE it up (AKA the camera distance can be set in sector space and remains as set). (Yes, same as above.)
    2) Make it so System space camera distance and Sector space camera distance are two independent and individual values the player can set that load whenever player changes map from one space to another.

Oh, and please, fix beaming out of Qo'nos! It still puts you above the Gorath system instead of the Qo'nos system.

EDIT: I may not have clearly stated why the current situation isn't acceptable: When fighting in system space, one needs to see the surroundings of the ship. Therefore, one cannot keep playing with the camera set right onto the ship. --> That means that when one warps to sector space, one basically doesn't even see the ship he's flying. That small it can get.
    (In fact, even when setting the camera distance in system space as close as possible, it still results in it being too far away from the ship in sector space to comfortably play.)

So that's why I propose the solutions above.