test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Delta Recruits March Into Battle!

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Spurred by the threat of war against the Iconians, new recruits are flooding recruitment stations across the Federation, the Klingon Empire and the Romulan Republic.

Would you like to know more?

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Don't think these recruits need a hand, seeing as most I've encountered were veteran players.
  • Options
    onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    johngazman wrote: »

/10 chars

you win this thread sir, i salute you

starship troopers ftw

though a serious question for Trendy or other devs who might be looking in, is there any word on changes to be made to the Delta Vanguard tech upgrades you receive for a Delta Recruit reaching level 50? currently they're Bind to Character on pickup but in the Delta Recruit reward blog they're stated as being Bind to Account
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
    signature-omega.png
  • Options
    geminisierrageminisierra Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited April 2015

I LOL'd when I read that... you win!
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Umm... thanks for the update?
  • Options
    ussackermanussackerman Member Posts: 275 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    For once, not really pleased with this blog entry.

This is more of a "Reminder: Delta Recruits are being created. Help them out." message than a real Dev Blog explaining anything or revealing upcoming rewards/content. This blog entry is a non-starter for me.
  • Options
    siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I LOL'd when I read that... you win!

TBH I think it wins the internet.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'll admit, any reference to Starship Troopers makes me smile; bravo.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I would say it was successful. Last time I was on, I saw a lot of them. One was myself in the mix, on the Fed side.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~LaughingTrendy
  • Options
    vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'll admit, any reference to Starship Troopers makes me smile; bravo.

Willingly or not the Dev blog itself is just full of Starship Trooper quotes. Words like "war effort", "do your bit", "do their part" etc. are very similar to the movies propaganda.

Now I just wonder whether it's a good thing that you just turned Starfleet into a military propaganda organization.............................. :confused:

Is that in any way related to FCD being AWOL?
  • Options
    cecil08cecil08 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited April 2015

LOL - yes that fits perfectly!
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The Alliance needs more cannon fodder.

Which isn't surprising as being a Starfleet officer or even a Federation citizen is the most dangerous job / situation you could get in. :P

Unless you're a major character of course ;)

Seriously, who would consider joining the Alliance when you realise there's a major interstellar war going on every few years, entire planets are wiped out (borg arc), starships that are destroyed because of alien infiltrators and entire stations that loose all their personnel except one Admiral and maybe two security officers (destruction of ESD).

I'd just sign up, become captain, steal a shuttle and some replicators and find a nice isolated moon. Perhaps steal a Vulcan love slave hologram as well to keep me company :D
  • Options
    e1ime1im Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And the point of this news post was... ?
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    I love that this 'state of the war' blog is pretty much like any real world report about current day wars. It says a lot, without actually saying anything.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The trickster in me wants to point these young cadets toward the hardest enemy. The rest of me want to eat popcorn, watch and laugh at the chaos.
  • Options
    stormstrykestormstryke Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    Don't think these recruits need a hand, seeing as most I've encountered were veteran players.

Basically this.
    _____

Lifetime no longer gives a forum title. That should be updated on the Lifetime page that mentions what you get. PMing the CSR doesn't work neither.
  • Options
    spectreofwar604spectreofwar604 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Absolutely brilliant wit, made perfect by being the first follow-up post.

There really ought to be e-medals for this kind of win.
  • Options
    sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    vocmcp wrote: »
    Now I just wonder whether it's a good thing that you just turned Starfleet into a military propaganda organization.............................. :confused:

To be fair, Starfleet has always been the military arm of the Federation. Not necessarily a propaganda organisation, but you have to encourage recruitment somehow.

*The reason for underlining it is because it wasn't always like that (see Enterprise).*
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited April 2015

I read the blog and expected to see Rico at the bottom of it.

I'll just leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIsv1YOFNys
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    While I kinda enjoy this game propaganda, I'm really starting to hate your choice of always showing a female FED officer, a female Romulan and a male Klingon.

Is a bit more variety that hard to accomplish? I get that for new players or outsiders, a male Klingon warrior will be more recognisable than a Gorn or an Orion, but when you make several blogs a week with this theme, you could mix in someone else at least in some of them.

Also, I'd join this movement asking about the Vanguard tech upgrade situation. I'd very much appreciate them being Bound to account, as they were btw advertised.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    vocmcp wrote: »

I think it's safe to assume Starfleet wasn't off exploring the frontier during the Dominion War. The Iconians are millions of years older than us; we need to throw every resource we have at the war effort.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    maobemaobe Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ....show them the ropes!?!? to hang them selfes or what? or to bind fast on their station in case the dampeners get fried? :D
    U.S.S. JUGGERNAUT - Command Science Cruiser
    "Where we are is the front."
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Spurred by the threat of war against the Iconians, new recruits are flooding recruitment stations across the Federation, the Klingon Empire and the Romulan Republic.

~LaughingTrendy

Know Your Foe: Would You Like to Know More? - YouTube

We Need To Know More, Lass! I don'na have the Neurons, Captain!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faFuaYA-daw :eek:
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Spurred by the threat of war against the Iconians, new recruits are flooding recruitment stations across the Federation, the Klingon Empire and the Romulan Republic. Recruitment officers are overwhelmed with applications from prospective officers, and additional resources are being tasked with helping these new recruits get into the academies as soon as possible.

An accelerated training process will get these Delta Recruits onto ships and helping the war effort. Additional training will be done in the field, where these recruits will learn all they need to know to defend the galaxy against the Iconians and their Herald servants. And these new officers may be needed sooner than ever, so everyone should do their part in the effort and help a Delta Recruit today.

One thing of interest: Temporal agents have been spotted on Earth Spacedock, Qo'noS and Mol'Rihan. Starfleet News Service has requested an update as to why Temporal Investigations is stepping up its activities in an area flooded with new Delta Recruits, but as of yet there has been no response from Admiral Quinn or his staff.

It is our responsibility as Starfleet officers to help these new recruits. When one is assigned to your ship or you encounter one at a starbase, offer to show them the ropes. An encouraging word from a more experience officer could make the difference between a future captain and a washout.

It is the responsibility of everyone in Starfleet to prepare for the Iconian advance. Do your bit – help a Delta Recruit today.

Unless you have changed his location or, added another here, he is not there but, is instead on the Romulan flotilla!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is what the blog said in-short : If you see a Delta Recruit.... hold their hand..... smh
    signature.png
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2015

~LaughingTrendy

"Would you like to know more?"

LOL I immediately thought of Starship Troopers when I read that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdrjzE1SE58 Tell your Q/A department that *this* is how you kill a bug. :P

I'm enjoying the Delta Recruit event. I'm doing my part. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMTz9nIUkGc Service guarantees citizenship.
  • Options
    spock1190spock1190 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I noticed that last bit about Starfleet. As if we needed more evidence that you don't care about those smelly klinks and groveling Romulans. Score for the White Fleet.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh, by the way, I've cracked the code
    I've figured out this "Cryptic" organization
    And the Iconians know
    The quadrant's prime for galactic domination

And soon their heralds will come across sector borders
    Cryptic created for the bacon order
    Be aware: their metrics are always watching you
    And still Cryptic won't admit they faked the Borg invasion
    Undine went to earth and destroyed the space station
    Don't mind that, I'm protected 'cause I made this hat

From neutronium alloy
    Wear a hat that's neutronium lined
    In case an Elachi is inclined
    To probe your butt or read your mind
    Looks a little stupid
    Seems a little crazy
    But someday I'll prove
    There's a big gornspiracy
  • Options
    neohunter200neohunter200 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ...then this should be followed up with an inspiring and motivational propaganda video showing the new Delta Recruits kicking TRIBBLE and saying "I'm doing my part!". :D