test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The server is not back up

Comments

• bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Got in shortly after they announced it was back up and have been in ever since, a good 40 minutes now, a little lag in social zones but fine in missions for me.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Getting SNR every time I try to load into the game.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Neverwinter just launched their biggest expansion yet and as its all connected via the account server so their heavy traffic will almost certainly affect us. i expect the rest of the day might be choppy.
  • agentdunnagentdunn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    same here, i get in, transfer to a new zone, disconnected, log back in (rinse and repeat)
  • snafu1971snafu1971 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Breaking news,,,,,we have received reports that the Hamster that runs Cryptic servers has escaped and is attacking staff,,,a armed response unit is on route.

they should keep a few squirrels on standby for when the hamster escapes.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Neverwinter just launched their biggest expansion yet and as its all connected via the account server so their heavy traffic will almost certainly affect us. i expect the rest of the day might be choppy.
    I blame wizards.

Wink, wink, nudge, nudge...
  • eltecheltech Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Unless they came up early, Neverwinter's downtime isn't scheduled to end for another hour. Unless everybody's prepatching, and I'm not sure if that would affect the login server...
  • mike1027mike1027 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2015

they don't care always memememememe and I want to play now. people shut the f up. it will be on when its on frack. learn to be an adult instead of 5 year olds that got the ball taken away.
  • captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It Works,,,,,,,,
  • chuckylove713chuckylove713 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    :eek:2:04 pm EST wheres my STO..
  • philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    snafu1971 wrote: »
    they should keep a few squirrels on standby for when the hamster escapes.

They won't fit in the wheels....
    Are we there yet?
  • gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I do so love watching the server not responding count up on the load screen.I think it's time Cryptic moves STO to it's own dedicated server.4 plus hours down time to watch a loading screen for a half hour is just not going to cut it anymore.
    edited April 2015
    mike1027 wrote: »
    they don't care always memememememe and I want to play now. people shut the f up. it will be on when its on frack. learn to be an adult instead of 5 year olds that got the ball taken away.

And what's so "adult" about your little outburst?
  • darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm getting an infinite Server Not Responding loadscreen when I'm trying to play an episode.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So uh...hrmmm...as I'm flying through Eta Eradani here for Orellius....are folks still having problems connecting? :P

edit: Just zoned to the Defera System to start Cold Call...
  • ozzybaxterozzybaxter Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hello!

Started playing this game when it came out years ago. At the time, couldn't afford to maintain the subscription, so I bailed out. Came back when Mr. Nimoy passed, and have been reintroducing myself to this game.

That being said, is there a subscription-based premium I can pay where they don't take the server down in the middle of the day, specifically on my days off work? LOL! ;)

I like the overhaul they've given the entire game, from what I remember when it launched. Some nice improvements. But, the servers sure seem to go down an awful lot now. Mainly, I guess, for planned maintenance. I just cannot understand what they are correcting. The only thing that doesn't work for me in this game......are the servers. :P
    edited April 2015
    Launcher showing green now...
  • melankimmelankim Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I just had Surimi (game master) on their live chat on the support page.

at least they're answering but only to tell you server are still offline for maintenance.

1st time I tried this, but I'm happy they take time to answer even when server are down.
    looks like they are doing better than previous team.
  • mike1027mike1027 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    eltech wrote: »
    And what's so "adult" about your little outburst?

no outbust. just a fact . why you one of the mememememememememe TRIBBLE.
  • atlmyklatlmykl Member Posts: 305 Arc User1
    edited April 2015
    Unless they came up early, Neverwinter's downtime isn't scheduled to end for another hour. Unless everybody's prepatching, and I'm not sure if that would affect the login server...

The fact of the matter is when you cannot log in to one you cannot log in to the other. Those of us that play neverwinter too knew sto was going to be fubarred today. I warned fleeties yesterday to expect very little play time today.
    edited April 2015
    mike1027 wrote: »
    no outbust. just a fact . why you one of the mememememememememe TRIBBLE.

You appear to be a very rude and juvenile individual, I think I'm done here.
  • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited April 2015
    At this point, I'd be more inclined to trust the Launcher... the server may be "up", but it's not necessarily functional...

Perhaps it's dysfunctional, not just moody and depressed.
  • darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I was finally able to login and play through an entire episode without infinite loading screen. It seems the server is finally working.
  • adrianasrxadrianasrx Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I was finally able to login and play through an entire episode without infinite loading screen. It seems the server is finally working.

Consider yourself lucky I cant even get to where it will let me login to my characters I get Unable to authenticate:Connection to the account server timed out
  • gb1dtfgb1dtf Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same here cant even log in.
  • sakaisevensakaiseven Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yep same here!
  • sakaisevensakaiseven Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ironically enough, as soon as i posted that i was able to log in and patch, and then I couldn't launch the game due to not being able to communicate with the server. Now i can't log in again.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Neverwinter just launched their biggest expansion yet

Hold the hamsters !
    The biggest expansion ever , or The Best Expansion Ever ?

We ... simply must know this !!! :eek:

... also , it's nice to see you posting again . I thought you were one more vet who went off to seek greener pastures ...
  • merricktolkienmerricktolkien Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The login issue is still... an issue :D "conection to account server timed out", cant log in:(
  • iusassetiusasset Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can't even connect to the patch server...
This discussion has been closed.