test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I'd forgotten how utterly terrible the entire DS9 episode is.

Comments

• happymarvinhappymarvin Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I started playing this game about three months after it was released. Lst time I played the Cardassian missions was a couple years ago. After playing the revamps, and Featured Episodes/Series, you can see just how bad that story arc really is.

The spawns are terrible in many of the missions, the story is a mess, the backtracking gets mind numbing.

You almost get whiplash going from Cage of Fire (the original final mission in the arc) to Second Wave.

And the giant turrets... why do they exist?

I welcome a revamp to this arc.
  • quistraquistra Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, I'd love to see a revamp here.

These missions are just pure tedium for next to no reward.
    The artist formerly known as PlanetofHats.
    Actual join date: Open beta, 2009ish.
  • spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    All you need to do is see the eleventy billion or so missions and crappy rewards to see that the Cardassian arc needs help pronto. I'm not looking forward to putting my Fed delta through that, I'm even giving it a stink-eye for my KDF who only has to do like half of them from the looks of it.
    tumblr_n1hmq4Xl7S1rzu2xzo2_400.gif
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    olessius wrote: »

They can keep it at 13 missions for all I care. Just increase the rewards to match other missions and trim out the stuff that is completely unnecessary. More content does not necessarily equal good content.

You could probably pair the whole set of cardassian missions down to 4 (Riker JR, Subjugated Colony, Empok Nor, New Link) and have a tight, well playing series that builds up its own little plot thread while setting up the Dominion arc.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    meh, i'll still take the cardasian arc over wasteland any day.....ugh, I couldn't leave nimbus 3 fast enough
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    OH NOES!!! A few random players (formumers as not all people who use the forums are active players) dislike the Cardassian arc!!! Better remake the entire game just for them Cryptic, snap to, get to it!!!
    edited April 2015
    abaddon653 wrote: »
    OH NOES!!! A few random players (formumers as not all people who use the forums are active players) dislike the Cardassian arc!!! Better remake the entire game just for them Cryptic, snap to, get to it!!!

They've revamped four series already (FED intro, KDF intro, Borg, FED romulan chain) and the cardassian arc pretty much stands as the last of the early mission chains not to recieve the same treatment.

Its almost certain that without ANY proding by the forums Cryptic will be replacing these missions sometime in the foreseeable future (ie. perhaps by the end of the year.)
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • ktonof1aqktonof1aq Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    NO!!!

Stop "re-making" things and let's just press on. New content, new places, new material.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Federation

Venture into Deep Space
    Badlands

Suspect
    War Games
    Shutdown

Rapier
    Forging Bonds
    The Long Night

The Tribble With Klingons
    Tear of the Prophets

Crack in the Mirror
    The New Link
    Seeds of Dissent

The Other Side
    Cage of Fire

Second Wave
    Of Bajor
    Operation Gamma
    Facility 4028
    Boldly They Rode

Klingon

Venture into Deep Space
    Badlands
    Rapier
    Forging Bonds
    The Long Night
    Crack in the Mirror
    Seeds of Dissent
    The New Link
    Second Wave
    Of Bajor
    Operation Gamma
    Facility 4028
    Boldly They Rode

Romulan

Venture into Deep Space
    Badlands
    Rapier
    Forging Bonds
    The Long Night
    Crack in the Mirror
    Seeds of Dissent
    The New Link
    Second Wave
    Of Bajor
    Operation Gamma
    Facility 4028
    Boldly They Rode

Break...

Second Wave
    Of Bajor
    Operation Gamma
    Facility 4028
    Boldly They Rode

...out into its own arc.

Federation

Venture into Deep Space
    Badlands

Suspect
    War Games
    Shutdown

Rapier
    Forging Bonds
    The Long Night

Tear of the Prophets

Crack in the Mirror
    The New Link
    Seeds of Dissent

The Other Side
    Cage of Fire

Second Wave
    Of Bajor
    Operation Gamma
    Facility 4028
    Boldly They Rode

Klingon

Venture into Deep Space
    Badlands
    Rapier
    Forging Bonds
    The Long Night
    Crack in the Mirror
    Seeds of Dissent
    The New Link

Second Wave
    Of Bajor
    Operation Gamma
    Facility 4028
    Boldly They Rode

Romulan

Venture into Deep Space
    Badlands
    Rapier
    Forging Bonds
    The Long Night
    Crack in the Mirror
    Seeds of Dissent
    The New Link

Second Wave
    Of Bajor
    Operation Gamma
    Facility 4028
    Boldly They Rode

Remove...

Crack in the Mirror

...from the KDF and Romulan arcs.

Federation

Venture into Deep Space
    Badlands

Suspect
    War Games
    Shutdown

Rapier
    Forging Bonds
    The Long Night

Tear of the Prophets
    Crack in the Mirror

The New Link
    Seeds of Dissent

The Other Side
    Cage of Fire

Second Wave
    Of Bajor
    Operation Gamma
    Facility 4028
    Boldly They Rode

Klingon

Venture into Deep Space
    Badlands
    Rapier
    Forging Bonds
    The Long Night
    Seeds of Dissent
    The New Link

Second Wave
    Of Bajor
    Operation Gamma
    Facility 4028
    Boldly They Rode

Romulan

Venture into Deep Space
    Badlands
    Rapier
    Forging Bonds
    The Long Night
    Seeds of Dissent
    The New Link

Second Wave
    Of Bajor
    Operation Gamma
    Facility 4028
    Boldly They Rode

Move...

Seeds of Dissent

...before...

The Long Night

...for some continuity.

Federation

Venture into Deep Space
    Badlands

Suspect
    War Games
    Shutdown

Rapier
    Forging Bonds
    Seeds of Dissent
    The Long Night

Tear of the Prophets
    Crack in the Mirror

The New Link
    The Other Side
    Cage of Fire

Second Wave
    Of Bajor
    Operation Gamma
    Facility 4028
    Boldly They Rode

Klingon

Venture into Deep Space
    Badlands
    Rapier
    Forging Bonds
    Seeds of Dissent
    The Long Night
    The New Link

Second Wave
    Of Bajor
    Operation Gamma
    Facility 4028
    Boldly They Rode

Romulan

Venture into Deep Space
    Badlands
    Rapier
    Forging Bonds
    Seeds of Dissent
    The Long Night
    The New Link

Second Wave
    Of Bajor
    Operation Gamma
    Facility 4028
    Boldly They Rode

Gets into some reorganization and the like for the Federation arc...

Federation

Venture into Deep Space
    Suspect
    War Games
    Shutdown

Tear of the Prophets
    Crack in the Mirror

The Other Side
    Cage of Fire

Badlands
    Rapier
    Forging Bonds
    Seeds of Dissent
    The Long Night
    The New Link

...splitting it into three arcs.

Move...

...to the Klingon War arc. Would require a bit of a rewrite, but would not result in a loss of content. The Klingon War needs a reorganization anyway.

Leaving us with the following arcs....

Federation

Venture into Deep Space
    Suspect
    War Games
    Shutdown

Tear of the Prophets
    Crack in the Mirror

The Other Side
    Cage of Fire

Badlands
    Rapier
    Forging Bonds
    Seeds of Dissent
    The Long Night
    The New Link

Second Wave
    Of Bajor
    Operation Gamma
    Facility 4028
    Boldly They Rode

Klingon

Venture into Deep Space
    Badlands
    Rapier
    Forging Bonds
    Seeds of Dissent
    The Long Night
    The New Link

Second Wave
    Of Bajor
    Operation Gamma
    Facility 4028
    Boldly They Rode

Romulan

Venture into Deep Space
    Badlands
    Rapier
    Forging Bonds
    Seeds of Dissent
    The Long Night
    The New Link

Second Wave
    Of Bajor
    Operation Gamma
    Facility 4028
    Boldly They Rode
    edited April 2015
    ktonof1aq wrote: »
    NO!!!

Stop "re-making" things and let's just press on. New content, new places, new material.

We have that too, there's no question about that (has it really been that long since "Uneasy Allies"?)

However as an MMO developer crpytic can't just hope that new players will understand that the early, TRIBBLE missions aren't represenatitive of the current state of STO development. They need to revamp if only to remove potential content roadblocks that bounce out customers who might otherwise have been hooked by more elabroate, better designed end-game content.

Its a very different situation than you have with, say, the JJ movies or *insert toy brand or popular thing here* (which arguably is risk aversion only.) STO must renovate as it moves forward in order to make its improving standards applicable to more than just the tip of the player base.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For the same reason I engaged you - I like to give people a chance. But you're both derailing the thread. As I said, you're more than welcome to disagree with me, but all he really did was insult me. I like disagreements. I hate insults. In fact, I hate them so much that you'll notice I actually never gave any back to viraldancer (except by the very broadest of definitions) as that would exacerbate a situation that I'd much rather just do without. either way, said situation escalated. Then it dropped off.
    Well, telling someone that they stink is an interesting definition of insulting them "in the broadest definitions." I get why you said it, but it was still a pretty base insult, in the most basic definition of the word.

I understand why you did it, you were making a point that you found his earlier comment childish and insulting. You don't actually think he smells. Thing is, his original comment was to point out that your original post seemed pretty childish, too. He doesn't really think you lack the ability to focus on a 15 min TV program.

So, stop stomping around like you've been wounded in some major way, put on your Big Boy Pants, read VD's post for what it was meant to be, and stop derailing your own thread.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • historynerd1historynerd1 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't know, The Vault is pretty bad too. I guess because I dislike shuttles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Go and have a wee, the second act gets considerably weirder." -Tim Minchin
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm glad I'm not the only one, who thinks the whole Cardie-arc is tedious and kinda boring, the way it is. At least on Fed side. A lot of filler missions, where the quality is just not there, and quite often, nothing to do with DS9 or Cardassians/Dominion. While I'd rather see more of the Delta Quadrant, a re-make of this arc would be really nice; to make for something substential content...
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• chandlerasharichandlerashari Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Cardian remaster season 12/13 w the new expansion...

GAMMAFALL!
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Uh-huh. Because saying that someone "smells like farts" is very clearly an honest insult, and should at no point be misconstrued as sarcasm used to make the point that somebody else's behavior was substandard.

And no, I don't appreciate it when someone insults me. I also don't much care whether or not you appreciate hyperbole - if you fail to address the things I'm saying and instead use the way I say them as an excuse to insult me in petty and childish ways, you quite frankly have no leg to stand on.

I guess I got on the wrong side of a forum clique, huh? Fun times.

if you hadnt of noticed there are the pro and the anti camp for cryptic between the players here, those caught in the middle usually end up on one of the other before long. usually when you respond to an insult on these forums here, others tend to get even more nasty within the rules and then it completely jack-knives and then tips over. your best bet next time is to avoid the lunacy and stick to what you know otherwise your on the same side of the bridge your claiming your not on.

back to the point?

long time ago there was a poll going around about a playable faction in a poll, the romulans won it, but there was the posibility of a cardassian and dominion faction, so what im sure some of us would like to see is a playable cardassian faction with its own unique storyline somewhere down the road because the cardassians are the 4th largest power in the alpha/beta quadrant. they should be out there, not only defend themselves from the iconians and its catspaws but to show the quadrants that they want to make it upto the rest of the galaxy for their arrogant and aggressive ways in the past that lead them to their problems.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You almost get whiplash going from Cage of Fire (the original final mission in the arc) to Second Wave.

"Cage of Fire" is by far the worst of the bunch. It made me want to execute my boffs.
    ktonof1aq wrote: »
    NO!!!

Why introduce new stuff, when some of the most iconic places, the treatment of the continuation of actual canon storylines, spanning multiple shows and seasons of TV trek, treating some of the major players in the series (mirror, bajorans, cardassians, true way, the dominion) are utter TRIBBLE?

Imho there is no need for them to pull a story around another one-shot species, that had < 10 minutes of screentime, like the Elachi or the Voth out of their TRIBBLE, when some of the major stuff isn't done right.

The KDF-starter arc, the new Romulan arc etc... have gotten quite a decent treating, especially the Romulan one is quite cool, how it connects Romulan and Fed/KDF arc, without simply replaying the missions, and I'd love to see something like that for the Cardassian arc.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    These were made when they had to rush to get the game out. They will be remade soon.

Yes, they really feel like that. The story is bad and poorly thought out, and loads of trash mobs smell like a way to make it appear long and involved.

I think there is some potential in there, but it seems to ultimately fail...

I seriously hope they make a strong revamp of the episode arc, not fearing to throw out story elements that just don't make sense, even if it requires some retroactive continuity changes.

I just say this: The Cardassian True Way as an organization hoping to bring the Cardies to their former glory? Sure,I can dig that. Make good antogonists. But them working together with elements of the Dominion - the same elements that commited genocide on Cardassia and devestated the home of the Cardassian people? No. Just no.

The Dominion story arc with the disappeared Jem'Hadar returning is not without flaws, but it's a much more believable way to make the Dominion present in the story arc then the True Way / Dominion connection. Even a new Link being formed can work, but they better establish a meaningful difference between it and the Dominion. Laas seems to be the perfect candidate for establishing just a second opinion, founded on the hatred and fear of "Solids", then something genuinely new.

The Pagh Wraith story should be over with Siskos defeat of Dukat. The story of a beloved Cardassian/Bajoran hybrid turning traitor could be great, provided it was set up well, introducing the character early and making the betrayal later seem so much more impactful.

Unfortuantely, I am not optimisitc that Cryptic will really pull this off.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • voivodjevoivodje Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can dig most of'um, just the Bajor one is a massive headache to me.
    An endless series of quests, hardly action, yap here, go there, click that...
    God...
  • cavewarkcavewark Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    you forget the Bajor ground mission was implemented because the player base wanted more missions with less shooting.
  • stonermkiistonermkii Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ailmere wrote: »
    I think the only one I mildly enjoyed was the space walk. I ended up skipping half of them.

Do you still get credit for the Delta Recruit thing if you skip missions in the story arcs? Cause man that would be freaking lovely..
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    stonermkii wrote: »
    Do you still get credit for the Delta Recruit thing if you skip missions in the story arcs? Cause man that would be freaking lovely..

lol nope. You gotta play them all.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • stonermkiistonermkii Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    thay8472 wrote: »
    lol nope. You gotta play them all.

*Sigh* I figured as much, but thought id ask lol
  • umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I agree that the Cardassian storyarc is showing its age; mainly through tediousness.

My surprise regarding the while Delta Recruit initiative is that it has been done before revamping the Cardassian storyarc. I had not expected anything like this until such a revamp had been done (meaning that little to none of the launch episodes would have truly been left).
  • greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah it sucks. I expected the revamp to come with the Delta Recruit event, would have made more sense. It and other older mission left (thinking Coliseum here, it's worse than the entire Cardassian chain) drag on compared to others for little reward.

Thankfully I'm almost done with the chain.
  • spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't know, The Vault is pretty bad too. I guess because I dislike shuttles.

That moment when you debate whether its worth the Zen just to pick up a fighter.
    tumblr_n1hmq4Xl7S1rzu2xzo2_400.gif
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Some of the missions in there was good. Some was just horrible. Seeing this reworked over just like the Romulan and Borg/Undine ones will be great. This is one reason why I stopped leveling my new DR recruit and my other 3 alts. Cause I want to play them as I level up. Not having to go back with my high level main just to see a few things in the story.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That moment when you debate whether its worth the Zen just to pick up a fighter.
    Actually fighters aren't that good there because of all the TRIBBLE you have to fly around.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg