test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server issues?

spike74656spike74656 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
Just been Dced twice in a row streight after login. is it just me or are the servers playing up?
Post edited by spike74656 on

Comments

• Options
    bgolightlybgolightly Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm having the same issue.
  • Options
    chestertrekchestertrek Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    same here. booted part way through a mission and now can't log back in.
  • Options
    lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yep, I was getting lag like none other... Now I cant get the launcher to start even and the website crashed once on me.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • Options
    ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh yay. For once I'm having these problems and it's not on my end.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The server tried to divide by Zero.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited April 2015
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i got stuck for a good 5 minutes in sector space ship just standing there in slipsteam.

glad its not just me
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    misthollowmisthollow Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I got rubberbanded like crazy then booted, now I keep having server not responding. It is looking like another emergency crash
  • Options
    peterchynowethpeterchynoweth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is getting ridiculous, Server keeps going down!
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yup. Servers go boom. Even the main site is having issues it seems.
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    corwink1corwink1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah i'm having the same problems.
  • Options
    spike74656spike74656 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Need New Servers!!!!!!
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    Yep, I was getting lag like none other... Now I cant get the launcher to start even and the website crashed once on me.

Website and game are not related, but Gamewise, I can confirm the issue for my little region of the world.

Of cause that does not mean that the server is down, merely that somewhere between me and the Servers, something is not as it should be.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    crowley875crowley875 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same here. This happened yesterday as well. I mean, this is really starting to get ridiculous. This happens every week because of this crappy ISP connection this game is running on. And yet Cryptic couldn't care less about finally doing something about this damned mess.
  • Options
    ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Devs, PLEASE fix this problem, PLEASE?!
  • Options
    depc101depc101 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Maybe when the fix the server there fix cold storage so ppl can finish the delta recrut stuff.
    vqpJOX.gif
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    nyxadrill wrote: »
    Yup. Servers go boom. Even the main site is having issues it seems.

looks like the cats in your sig found them, poor poor hamsters :(
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    One does not simply play Star Trek Online without repeatedly going Offline.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Game stopped responding, then won't log back in.
    And yeah when I went to sign in here it initially said it could not find the pages for STO or perfect world.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    crowley875 wrote: »
    Same here. This happened yesterday as well. I mean, this is really starting to get ridiculous. This happens every week because of this crappy ISP connection this game is running on. And yet Cryptic couldn't care less about finally doing something about this damned mess.

What exactly is it that you want them to do?

The server ran flawlessly for me yestoday, and I was on for quite a bit, meaning that it's not necessarily a server issue.

Cryptic dosen't control the route your signal takes to get to them, and back. They aren't internet masters who own the internet.

IF the server had crashed (and its not since I have US fleetmates who tell me that they aren't having issues atm... and yes, that MAY change if it indeed IS a server issue), then you could blame them, but if your signal gets disrupted enroute, you just can't point fingers at Cryptic.
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • Options
    ikellu1ikellu1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well, the two most viewed fraxes in this game are:

Server not responding

disconnected from the server
  • Options
    deceon55deceon55 Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Guess the Hamsters didn't want to be Delta recruits lol.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    ovrkylovrkyl Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Had been having DC issues on logins, character swaps, and zoning since the FE and Delta started, more than ever ('course, it's been since WW, just progressively worse with each event).

But...during the Herald fight, massive rubberbanding, then DCed before I could leave the room. Now can't log in. And I know from previous DC experience during this mission that, if you DC while zoning to or in the sphere, you're screwed and have to start all over again, due to no continue point.

Yah, they were planning ahead on this one...

EDIT: Finally figured out how to avoid a complete re-do of the FE, but still...
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    looks like the cats in your sig found them, poor poor hamsters :(

Oh TRIBBLE...I forgot to feet them tonight! :eek:
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    anazonda wrote: »
    What exactly is it that you want them to do?

The server ran flawlessly for me yestoday, and I was on for quite a bit, meaning that it's not necessarily a server issue.

Cryptic dosen't control the route your signal takes to get to them, and back. They aren't internet masters who own the internet.

IF the server had crashed (and its not since I have US fleetmates who tell me that they aren't having issues atm... and yes, that MAY change if it indeed IS a server issue), then you could blame them, but if your signal gets disrupted enroute, you just can't point fingers at Cryptic.
    Ah, a white knight has spoken! Trust in all that he says, oh sheeple, and you shall be freed of your bonds!

Now, back to reality. Cryptic/PWE does control who they do business with (i.e. ISP networking services) and they went with the lowest bidder obviously. So what do we want them to do?

First, fix/stabilize the servers. Second, get better networking services.

Did that spell it out enough for you, or do you need to lift the visor on your shiny white armor helmet to read it again?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    ovrkyl wrote: »
    Ah, a white knight has spoken! Trust in all that he says, oh sheeple, and you shall be freed of your bonds!

Now, back to reality. Cryptic/PWE does control who they do business with (i.e. ISP networking services) and they went with the lowest bidder obviously. So what do we want them to do?

First, fix/stabilize the servers. Second, get better networking services.

Did that spell it out enough for you, or do you need to lift the visor on your shiny white armor helmet to read it again?

And again you are wrong...

Their servers are running just fine...

The problem is a general ISP that sits on a very high amount of a part of the US infrastructure. It's not even the main provider for Cryptic.

I would love to explain the details, but I don't think you can grasp it... No really... I don't think you can.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    anazonda wrote: »
    And again you are wrong...

Their servers are running just fine...

The problem is a general ISP that sits on a very high amount of a part of the US infrastructure. It's not even the main provider for Cryptic.

I would love to explain the details, but I don't think you can grasp it... No really... I don't think you can.
    And yet you can't grasp: an "ISP that sits on a very high amount of a part of the US infrastructure" affects NOTHING I do EXCEPT for STO, that everything else I do on this computer is unaffected by massive lag, rubberbanding, or disconnects, be it games, social media, streaming, etc., which boils down to the choice of ISP service selected by Cryptic/PWE to serve their needs was a pi$$-poor choice and they need to improve it, and needed to improve it for months-to-years since it's gotten progressively worse with every new development in the game, which points to releasing new content without fixing the problems with existing content. I'm not the only one experiencing this, yet there are those (like yourself) that seem to do nothing but camp the forums and intercept any complaints (like this thread) with pro-Cryptic "white knight" unvalidated arguments rather than play the game (if you're "not having that problem" like you and your ilk seem to claim). Funny how that happens so frequently...

Was that too deep for you or did I buzz the tower?
  • Options
    stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ovrkyl wrote: »
    And yet you can't grasp: an "ISP that sits on a very high amount of a part of the US infrastructure" affects NOTHING I do EXCEPT for STO, that everything else I do on this computer is unaffected by massive lag, rubberbanding, or disconnects, be it games, social media, streaming, etc., which boils down to the choice of ISP service selected by Cryptic/PWE to serve their needs was a pi$$-poor choice and they need to improve it, and needed to improve it for months-to-years since it's gotten progressively worse with every new development in the game, which points to releasing new content without fixing the problems with existing content. I'm not the only one experiencing this, yet there are those (like yourself) that seem to do nothing but camp the forums and intercept any complaints (like this thread) with pro-Cryptic "white knight" unvalidated arguments rather than play the game (if you're "not having that problem" like you and your ilk seem to claim). Funny how that happens so frequently...

Was that too deep for you or did I buzz the tower?
    how abot you just post your tracert so we can see your hops? do you know how to do that? I've been in the game for the last 2 hours and didn't get dced or have any other problems. I'm in the game right now with 11 fleetmates and none of them are having problems. so post your tracert and let's see where your problems might be rather then just screaming at everyone else.
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.