test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

T6 Fleets (with or without skins?)

flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
I'm specifically on about the Andromeda and Negh'Tev - I don't own a Romulan (or Reman) so the new Warbird (as nice as it looks) is irrelevant to me. These ships, purchased on their own are likely going to cost 3000zen, as a bundle, probably 7500zen (I am not aware if any prices have been officially released yet).

Now those fees are just for the C-Store ship; the Fleet Variants are in addition to that, and will likely cost 6 or 7 Fleet Modules. I'd hope 6, but then the Fleet Excelsior (and others) cost 5, so I may be a tad too optimistic there. Anyway, normally when a Fleet Purchase is made, it doesn't come with a C-Store skin;

Some ships (Assault Cruiser, Star Cruiser, Tor'khat) etc do come with a new skin, but those are/were former C-Store skins anyway. I am curious whether (if a C-Store purchase is avoided) and one were to go straight to T6 Fleet, would that include the new skin, or would it be a simple case of having all the new stats, but with only the old (and revamped) skins - no actual new ones?

Does anyone know? Dev or Player?

Thanks!
attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
Post edited by flash525 on

Comments

• Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    flash525 wrote: »
    These ships, purchased on their own are likely going to cost 3000zen, as a bundle, probably 7500zen

7500 Zen would be a bit of a joke for a pack of three T6 ships that - statistically speaking - aren't as good as the Command cruisers, of which a 3 pack is 6000 Zen.

As to the skin, I would gamble not. For example, you can't use the Rhode Island skin on a Fleet Nova unless you already own the Rhode Island refit. So I would imagine that with these, you'll get the Revamped Negh'Var and Galaxy skins, and the Andromeda and Negh'Tev skins will be for C-Store owners.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    amoroxicamoroxic Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Confirmed: without skins
    also without console and tier V mastery

I wonder if that is the 'template' after we get T6 fleet ships... that means we won't have any fleet T6 Intel ships? Because those are not based on some 'generic' skin to be offered at 'fleet only' variant.
    Or we will get something like... what? Qib with Vorcha skin, Mat'ha with a Qin skin? ^^ actually that will be cool, no way in hell Cryptic will do this...
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    amoroxic wrote: »
    Confirmed: without skins
    also without console and tier V mastery
    You mean without starship traits, surely? I'm pretty sure these T6 fleet ships do come with consoles. :P
    I wonder if that is the 'template' after we get T6 fleet ships... that means we won't have any fleet T6 Intel ships? Because those are not based on some 'generic' skin to be offered at 'fleet only' variant.

Or we will get something like... what? Qib with Vorcha skin, Mat'ha with a Qin skin? ^^ actually that will be cool, no way in hell Cryptic will do this...
    It's possible Cryptic will release the T6 Intel ships with a new skin, and make the available ones accessible to anyone who buys them (just obviously, without the trait). I would think though, it would make better sense for them to just upgrade the existing Intel ships to accommodate the fleet T6 levels.
  • Options
    amoroxicamoroxic Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    flash525 wrote: »
    You mean without starship traits, surely? I'm pretty sure these T6 fleet ships do come with consoles. :P

I wrote what i see after purchase, NO console (Console – Universal – Molecular Cohesion Nullifier), NO tier V mastery (Explosive Polarity Shift) the mastery page looks like that of a T5-U ship.

Actually pretty happy about it :) Cryptic modeling of Klingon ships never was stellar, IMHO anyway.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I wrote what i see after purchase, NO console (Console – Universal – Molecular Cohesion Nullifier), NO tier V mastery (Explosive Polarity Shift) the mastery page looks like that of a T5-U ship.
    Ah, them. I see what you're getting at. Yeah, they don't come with them, I guess people have to buy the C-Store ships for those bonuses; more of a gimmick in my eyes anyway.
    Actually pretty happy about it :) Cryptic modeling of Klingon ships never was stellar, IMHO anyway.
    Normally, I'd agree, especially where the KDF command cruiser pack ships come in, but I actually think they've done a solid job with the Negh'Tev skin.