test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Iconian tech during taris...nope roms cant do it

jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
Ok i noticed in the list of iconian stuff we have to acquire as delta recruits that there is something we must get during the mission "Taris".

Heres is where the problem lies...im a romulan which means i cannot do the mission taris which means i cannot get the device or intel about the iconians from that mission.

So please do tell me how me as a romulan can get that device or iconian intel from a mission i cannot do?
Post edited by jorantomalak on

Comments

• thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I believe you can do the Taris mission while teamed with a Fed player - just as Feds can do Rom missions while teamed with a Fed Rom. So at the very least I assume you can do it that way - assuming there is no other way.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    I believe you can do the Taris mission while teamed with a Fed player - just as Feds can do Rom missions while teamed with a Fed Rom. So at the very least I assume you can do it that way - assuming there is no other way.

If im gonna be forced to team then TRIBBLE it i wont bother they sould never have done it that way or at the least should fix it.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well then, TRIBBLE it! See how simple it is? :)

I am not doing it at all - I went through the Tutorial and decided it did not interest me. My life is not over because I decided to not do a Delta Recruit rerun. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well then, TRIBBLE it! See how simple it is? :)

I am not doing it at all - I went through the Tutorial and decided it did not interest me. My life is not over because I decided to not do a Delta Recruit rerun. :)

I feel ya on that man i was doing it for the free dill but tbh i can make more then that just doing my daily routines.

and i dont see how this is going to impact the eventual grind fests to come nor the eventual new STFs we will be doing.

It just seems like an attempt to make us all rerun the old missions with the promise of dilithium and gear we cant even sell for EC.
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited April 2015

No, this doesn't work, tried already. Fed/Rom can't do that mission.
  • ussenterpisezussenterpisez Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    you dont need to do taris, you only need 7 techs, and there are 8 techs listed so dont worry about taris, just do the other missions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thedarkphenoixthedarkphenoix Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    From what I've read elsewhere in the forums, this is a copy/paste error on Cryptics behalf. I believe that the tech you're looking for is within the Romulan mission "Revelation" in which you encounter Taris.

Give it a try, see if it clears for you :)
    Original wave Lifetimer and Closed Beta tester.
  • sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    From what I've read elsewhere in the forums, this is a copy/paste error on Cryptics behalf. I believe that the tech you're looking for is within the Romulan mission "Revelation" in which you encounter Taris.

Give it a try, see if it clears for you :)

As a sidenote, revelation is actually listed already for Rom Deltas. I think it's a bit more of the 8 out of 7 deal though.
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    "Revelation" is listed for Romulans, and there's no problem - at least there wasn't for me - getting the Iconian tech there.

The next mission for Romulans with an Iconian tech icon is called "Alpha"... and if someone can tell me where the heck that mission is and how I get hold of it, well, I will be very grateful, once I get over the surprise. (The next Rom mission in the episode sequence is "Mind Game", and I kept a sharp eye out for Iconian tech in that, but without any luck.)
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Alpha is a KDF mission.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

• zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    shevet wrote: »
    "Revelation" is listed for Romulans, and there's no problem - at least there wasn't for me - getting the Iconian tech there.

The next mission for Romulans with an Iconian tech icon is called "Alpha"... and if someone can tell me where the heck that mission is and how I get hold of it, well, I will be very grateful, once I get over the surprise. (The next Rom mission in the episode sequence is "Mind Game", and I kept a sharp eye out for Iconian tech in that, but without any luck.)

Alpha is a KDF only mission.
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zipagat wrote: »

Wow, I ninja'd you by 6 minutes.
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

• zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ravin wrote: »
    Wow, I ninja'd you by 6 minutes.

Its what happens when you don't refresh after you were reading another browser tab for awhile.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I confirm that you do not need the Taris mission to complete the chain...

I just got the final piece of tech, without said mission, and I got the reward.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited April 2015
    Well I cant test taris but I can tell you for a fact if you team with a kdf delta recruit you can join them on the Alpha mission and get credit for the tech. Id be willing to bet the same is true of Taris, you just need to team with a fed delta recruit