risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
WORKAROUND from the German Forums!!!!

1. Go through the bar to the turbolift
2. Pause game
3. click on the turbolift and go down
4. resume game
5. Finish mission

Worked fine for all who tried.

This also worked for me (needed to add 10 characters lol)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• stormstrykestormstryke Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for the information pass-on.

PS We have to wait 2 minutes between posts now?
    _____

Lifetime no longer gives a forum title. That should be updated on the Lifetime page that mentions what you get. PMing the CSR doesn't work neither.
  • thehatchthehatch Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I received the accolade "Threadbare Trading Post" right after successfully using the turbolift in pause mode during a follow-up attempt. I did not receive this accolade on several failed earlier attempts.

So, if you get the accolade after using the turbolift, you are likely on the right track :)
    A place for race pilots in STO: /channel_join Racing
    Win 15,000 GPL in the Hodos Racing Challenge!
  • animalfang1animalfang1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yup. like thread above say. thx u much. pause... wtf who discover that!! :D
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We can pause the game? I had no idea that we could pause during episodes, how do we pause?
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • bankaibahamutbankaibahamut Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is great, you have no idea how many times I played through this mission, and they were all bugged out. This worked perfectly, got the accolade as soon as I went through the lift so I knew it worked. Finally finished it!

(ya know, the devs could have fixed this problem, but at least there IS a workaround)
  • aoax10aoax10 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for the info. :) Great find.
  • digscidigsci Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    OMG this worked!

My first time posting on STO-Forum, and I'm using it to say THANKS to whoever found this!
  • jrdragonettijrdragonetti Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A fleetmate put this on chat earlier, I can happily confirm this works.
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A BIG Thank You! This mission and the XP it gives was preventing me from getting to Lvl 11 and continue the story arc. Thanks Again! :)
  • jrdragonettijrdragonetti Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Every time you are in a mission ground map (excluding stfs and social spaces eg ESD) there is a button on screen saying pause with a timer counting up to 45 seconds. If you're stuck, pres escape, rearrange HUD and look for the box that says low priority interaction, focus on that, press escape again and you should be looking right at it.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Every time you are in a mission ground map (excluding stfs and social spaces eg ESD) there is a button on screen saying pause with a timer counting up to 45 seconds. If you're stuck, pres escape, rearrange HUD and look for the box that says low priority interaction, focus on that, press escape again and you should be looking right at it.
    To clarify: it's something like 'bullet time' in Max Payne; you can bank up to 45s (1s banked for every 5 or 6 that pass normally)... it's great for specificying targets for your team's attacks and abilities.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    risian4 wrote: »
    This also worked for me (needed to add 10 characters lol)

Be sure to tell the Germans Danke Schoen for finding that odd fix.

Never mind. Wayne Newton singing it is better. :)
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • chandlerasharichandlerashari Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This workaround works.

Leave it to the Germans lol.
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,983 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    To pause the game, hit the "T" key.

I had to dig through the game's keybinds to find it, internet search is worthless.

It was under "Stop Time."
  • kebiarkebiar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have a different problem. I get all the way to the end, kill the Klingons and the tracker says "Mission Complete".

I return to sector space, and it says to continue "Roadblocks". Any ideas?
  • hylarrhylarr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    kebiar wrote: »
    I have a different problem. I get all the way to the end, kill the Klingons and the tracker says "Mission Complete".

I return to sector space, and it says to continue "Roadblocks". Any ideas?

That's what the workaround is for - you don't get the accolade for surviving the bar fight once you take the turbolift to the docking bay which is why the mission won't complete. Pausing it then clicking on the turbolift does allow you to get the accolade and then you can finish the mission normally.

My question is, how many other missions did they bug by adding a Delta Recruit thingy into them?
    My main character is T'Les which was also my former forum name and I want it back! Hylarr is one of my alts.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This fix worked for me as well. Luckily, there were people in Sector Space sharing the information. After I completed it, I shared with a few people too since the bug will likely be there for the entire week. :rolleyes:

To those that don't know how to pause.. umm.. click on Pause Game. It's in the bottom right corner of every single mission you do. If for some reason you don't have it, press T.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hylarr wrote: »
    My question is, how many other missions did they bug by adding a Delta Recruit thingy into them?

So far (I've just completed 'Taris' on my DR) I've only had problems with Treasure trading station and Everything old is new, the mission with doctor McCoy.

I had to redo a large part of the mission there as well cause I ended up in the same sort of loop as in TTS.

To prevent this from happening: make sure you hail your mission contact and claim your rewards before leaving the map, so, for this mission, right after your final conversation with McCoy.

It may be wise to do this in all missions, if it happens in one mission it may (have) happen(ed) in other missions as well.
  • moskatamoskata Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thank you so much for this, ye have no idea how many times I'm after doing that stupid mission!
  • chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    it's in the bug thread on forums, also where the body is on Rescue researchers.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • p4hajujup4hajuju Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Not sure if it was mentioned here too, but if you have a KDF Romulan, you need a KDF char team leader to get the Alpha mission.

And could there be a one thread to point all of these little thingies in the PVE part?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=97381

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1418591

Just to make it easier to find the ways to get through them?
    Galavant!
    "Use Temporal Skills to NERF EVERYTHING before it happened!" -Unknown source.
  • lillyn43lillyn43 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't know if I did something wrong but I went to turbolift I paused for 10 sec went down finished through the rest of the mission and still didn't get accolade . Can someone please help me ?
  • kelpsonofglogkelpsonofglog Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lillyn43 wrote: »
    I don't know if I did something wrong but I went to turbolift I paused for 10 sec went down finished through the rest of the mission and still didn't get accolade . Can someone please help me ?

Same here just tryed it a couple of times. Even dropped it and started over, no go.
  • spitefulhedgehogspitefulhedgehog Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Did you click on "Use Turbolift" WHILE you were paused?
    sto_sig.jpg
  • codewarrior316codewarrior316 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Great workaround find, thanks!
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Did you click on "Use Turbolift" WHILE you were paused?

This. This is what caught me out the first try.
    I need a beer.