test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Happy First Contact Day!!!

pmaddenpmadden Member Posts: 68 Arc User
Cant Believe i've not found any reference to this here yet.

So let me be the First to wish you all a Happy First Contact Day!

:D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Weird that they didn't even bring back the annual First Contact Day event where you can travel to Utopia Planetia. Well... maybe tomorrow.
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Happy first contact day indeed!
    It would seem iconians are more important :(
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I believe it was stated that between Season 10 and Delta Recruit event, the devs didn't have time to even activate the missions.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Happy First Contact Day to all - only another 48 years to wait now!

Shame they couldn't have found a way to squeeze in the usual FCD stuff, but as it's not Delta Recruitment-related I guess it wasn't priority.
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Happy First Contact Day!

There are a couple threads asking where the missions are this year, but you know how General Discussion is... if it's not someone complaining about something, someone demanding something, or some type of flame war, it'll get buried pretty quickly.

Maybe we're not ready for first contact yet :(
  • Options
    collin3366collin3366 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I was also wondering where was the celebeation... oh, well.

HAPPY FIRST CONTACT DAY!
    Vice Admiral Collin Michael McNeil
    U.S.S. Alliance
    NCC-93405-C
    Odyssey Class
    No Horizons To Distant
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes, let us celebrate the day Zephram Cochrane saw through our Vulcan invaders and stopped them in their tracks.

LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE!!!!
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Oh before i forget...

Happy day of honour to the mighty klingon empire!!!

Happy Republic day to my fellow romulans!!!
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Happy First Contact Day everyone.

LL&P
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm guessing that First Contact Day has been removed because Cryptic couldn't figure out a way to monetize it?

Seems like a great opportunity to offer Zefram Cochrane's shotgun in the Z-Store...
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have to say I'm really disappointed...I'd love a pet Nanov for my new Romulan Delta Recruit.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm guessing that First Contact Day has been removed because Cryptic couldn't figure out a way to monetize it?

Seems like a great opportunity to offer Zefram Cochrane's shotgun in the Z-Store...
    They said they were too busy with the delta recruit and S10 to work on FCD.

Anyway, happy whatever today means for you !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have to say - it's disheartening to see that Crpytic forgot or ignored 'First Contact Day' this year. While I don't like having a big number of miscellaneous events in a game, the 'First Contact Day' is one of those important focal points and dates for Star Trek and as such should have been remembered in-game even if it was the exaclty same little event from last year.
    Even moreso since it would have been a good opportunity for the new players, you know - the ones the entire 'Delta Recruitment' thing is suposedly for, to learn about the Trek lore, to meet and talk to the crews of their factions' flagships and to walk away with a nice souvenire in the form of the legendary Phoneix, a cool Klingon bat'leth or a nice Nanov pet.

Going without this, which has been an annual part of STO until now, leaves me feeling a bit dissapointed and discouraged about the future of the game. :(
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Happy Easter!
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    shpoks wrote: »
    I have to say - it's disheartening to see that Crpytic forgot or ignored 'First Contact Day' this year. While I don't like having a big number of miscellaneous events in a game, the 'First Contact Day' is one of those important focal points and dates for Star Trek and as such should have been remembered in-game even if it was the exaclty same little event from last year.
    Even moreso since it would have been a good opportunity for the new players, you know - the ones the entire 'Delta Recruitment' thing is suposedly for, to learn about the Trek lore, to meet and talk to the crews of their factions' flagships and to walk away with a nice souvenire in the form of the legendary Phoneix, a cool Klingon bat'leth or a nice Nanov pet.

Going without this, which has been an annual part of STO until now, leaves me feeling a bit dissapointed and discouraged about the future of the game. :(

THIS. Cryptic really screwed up this time.
  • Options
    vierchowoodvierchowood Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    steaen wrote: »
    Happy First Contact Day to all - only another 48 years to wait now!

Really.
    We hope.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    they probably think that most players are wrapped up with the delta recruit event to worry about first contact day, personally I think their right but many happy returns anyway.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Well, let's not go too far. One minor event (big in Trek fandom, but it's a small mission in the game) doesn't signify problems with the game's future.

If they skipped First Contact Day and nothing else was going on, then I'd be concerned. But there's a major event to bring in new players - game ain't in trouble yet.
  • Options
    xandercorvusxandercorvus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Happy First Contact Day!
    Happy Easter!
    ...and Happy Birthday to my oldest child/daughter, Myracle!
    "Join Date: Jun 2012" Says Cryptic's "new" forum system. I've been here since a week before launch, but SOME stuff just didn't carry over through multiple system changes/updates. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    chipg7 wrote: »
    Well, let's not go too far. One minor event (big in Trek fandom, but it's a small mission in the game) doesn't signify problems with the game's future.

If they skipped First Contact Day and nothing else was going on, then I'd be concerned. But there's a major event to bring in new players - game ain't in trouble yet.

I wasn't reffering to the future of the game as in "will it shut down soon or not", but the future of the game losing even more of it's dwindling Star Trek spirit and turning into a random generic sci-fi more and more. Without marking this date and event, it just lost one additional bit of Trekiness it used to have.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    litchy74litchy74 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    364 days to get it ready and they could be bothered/didn't have the time, it's the same mission each year surely it's got be be saved somewhere and just patched to the game the same as last year.:mad:

Not like first contact day is an important date in star trek lore..........:confused:
    Where ever you go, there you are.......

Join The Space Invaders,..... Federation and KDF fleets.
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I was aware that it was a choice to improve it for this year or to focus on Delta Recruitment. I didn't interpret that to mean no events at all. I do find it odd to not at least turn on the Republic Day / Day of Honor / First Contact Day missions. As is. If only for the one day?
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    In a way all " days" feature characters that low level players will meet in later missions ( this is for all factions ).

Those first time players could in a month be like " oh i remember captain shon from first contact day, cool ", or " the bortasq fighting by my side! Awesome ", " Lieutenant*Gaius Selan i can't believe it.. no ".

Little bit of a missed opportunity really.
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Happy First Contact Day all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    blevokblevok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Such a bummer. I mean, it's a bummer every year when mars and UP disappear after the event, but just skipping it is such an injustice. I think it's time for the map to become permanently available, as both ground and space. There doesn't have to be anything to do there, it's an iconic location, which makes it more important to star trek than lots of other stuff in sto.
    Fleet: Stargate-Union
    Pizza: Pepperoni
    Kalek shel'tek!

"Do not make me look foolish by allowing yourself to be murdered" -Lord Yu
  • Options
    gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Happy First Contact Day.
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,760 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Happy FC Day! Now, question is, do we shoot the Vulcans or shake their hands? Only time will tell.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hawku001x wrote: »
    Happy FC Day! Now, question is, do we shoot the Vulcans or shake their hands? Only time will tell.

Neither we kick them in the balls to hear them scream :D
  • Options
    lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Quoting for a shared sentiment.