test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rura Penthe Uniforms

captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
edited April 2015 in The Art of Star Trek Online
is there any chance that the outfit you wear on Rura Penthe will become available to wear outside of the mission, I already have so many ideas using that uniform option.
lHut1H2.jpg
"I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
Post edited by captw on

Comments

• Options
    tylermaxwelltylermaxwell Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    captw wrote: »
    is there any chance that the outfit you wear on Rura Penthe will become available to wear outside of the mission, I already have so many ideas using that uniform option.

The uniform from the Rura Penthe mission is more or less a variant of the Honor Guard uniform KDF characters can obtain by advancing their Task Force Omega reputation. I haven't tried recostuming it on my KDF char yet, but I'd assume you can make that exact outfit by recoloring Honor Guard uniform pieces.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes, I am going to necro thread, but I have very little choice.

I want to give my new Delta Recruit those cold weather uniforms worn on Rura Penthe. Does anyone have a specific listing of how to create them? Which parts and what colors?
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Step 1: Get a KDF character to level 50.

Step 2: Get said KDF character to Tier 5 Omega

Step 3: Purchase the KHG sets

Step 4: Go have fun in the tailor

TaDa
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As I recall, it had some furry bits which are from the subscribers veterans unlock outfits. If you want those, then you could either start subbing now and wait a year or two or you could just buy a lifetime sub.
    Either way, you're paying through the nose.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    korfi2go#5083 korfi2go Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As I recall, it had some furry bits which are from the subscribers veterans unlock outfits. If you want those, then you could either start subbing now and wait a year or two or you could just buy a lifetime sub.

And after you did, you will find, that yu cannot combine them with the KHG-pieces.
    wivvEzf.png
    Always welcoming new Members. Check us out here!
  • Options
    edited April 2015

I already have a lifetime subscription.

Getting the KHG set doesn't tell me anything. How about listing the specific options as was once the case on the STO wiki.
  • Options
    korfi2go#5083 korfi2go Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's the Klingon Honor Guard Body Armor, Personal Shields and Ground weapon available from the Omega reputation. You get the basic costume from the armor. Once you got all three parts you can unlock the full costume, which contains a few extra bits (most notably a cape and some fur bits on the shoulderplates).

I just played Manhunt yesterday and I believe the outfit your char gets during the mission consists of the KHG jacket and bracers (both should be available from just the armor) and the veteran shoulder pieces. However the KHG costume can't be mixed with other pieces in the tailor. So your best choice would propably be to get the full KHG costume to add a little fur to it.
    wivvEzf.png
    Always welcoming new Members. Check us out here!
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I just cannot believe they have not given us a purchasable decently furred winter uniform for all three factions yet.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    I just cannot believe they have not given us a purchasable decently furred winter uniform for all three factions yet.
    Define "decent" some of the KDF outfits look like you're wearing Targ fur as it is.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Define "decent" some of the KDF outfits look like you're wearing Targ fur as it is.

You may notice I said "all three factions" Klingons in fur does not equate to all three in good warm clothing.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You may notice I said "all three factions" Klingons in fur does not equate to all three in good warm clothing.
    that is a good point I suppose.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Agreed. Not everyone appreciates the fine smell of tanned Targ leather, nor the smell of the Targ fur after it has been worn for a few days. ;)