test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Arc on the xBox one

djmetal1981djmetal1981 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
So, I was popping through my app store the other day on the ol' XBone and ran across a soon to be Arc app. Then i noticed that Neverwinter is available on there. For the devs: what are the chances of STO being ported over?

For everyone else: would you play this on a console?

This morning was the first time I've ever played Neverwinter, as i prefer STO, but it was fun for the short time I played. I think this would be a blast to play on there too.
CelSTOsig_zps60r2fa18.jpg
Post edited by djmetal1981 on

Comments

• Options
    caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    But as they have prevented any character ports from one system to the other, its just a shameless money grab for people that own both. I wont be playing on more than one system, in their hope to get me to spend more money on zen boosting fresh accounts on my xbox one. As much as i would like to play Neverwinter on my xbox.

I see no reason why they didn't allow character transfers. ESO is doing it.
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Not good for STO getting an Xbox One port. The controls for Neverwinter are designed for controllers while STO would require a keyboard and mouse or an extremely complex controller.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I hope STO never goes to consoles.

Consoles are the bane of PC games, they are the reasons so many game are a botched work on PC. Like the elders scrolls UI/inventory management. Or the terribly low res textures in so many game. Etc..

Not because consoles are bad in themselves, or PC master race, but because they are so different than pc, it's like trying to adapt a car to fly in the air. It's either a bad car, or a bad plane. It can't be both. I've yet to see a single game that works on both pc and console, and doesn't have any issues because of that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The only games I have seen that works well for both PC and Consoles are:
    1. Elder Scroll Series (Excluding Online, since that one sucks)
    2. DC Universe Online
    3. Diablo 3
    4. Fallout Series
    5. Star Wars KNIGHT OF THE OLD REPUBLIC (Not to be confused with The Old Republic)

And a other game similar....STO just has WAY too much for a controller to handle.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    dragnridr wrote: »
    The only games I have seen that works well for both PC and Consoles are:
    1. Elder Scroll Series (Excluding Online, since that one sucks)
    2. DC Universe Online
    3. Diablo 3
    4. Fallout Series
    5. Star Wars KNIGHT OF THE OLD REPUBLIC (Not to be confused with The Old Republic)

And a other game similar....STO just has WAY too much for a controller to handle.
    The TES and FO3/NV have terrible UI for PC. Seriously, there is a reason why SkyUI is one of the most downloaded mod on for Skyrim.

The other are very arcade, and thus, more adapted to console/pc from the get go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    caldannach wrote: »
    But as they have prevented any character ports from one system to the other, its just a shameless money grab for people that own both. I wont be playing on more than one system, in their hope to get me to spend more money on zen boosting fresh accounts on my xbox one. As much as i would like to play Neverwinter on my xbox.

I see no reason why they didn't allow character transfers. ESO is doing it.

It would mess up the economy. Besides, is it no different when a gaming company releases a game across various platforms. In essence, they are all money grabs, then again they are for-profit companies and they do need to make a profit.

I don't think that is meant for players to be playing both systems. You can do it if you wish, but, personally, I prefer the Xbox version.
  • Options
    kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    eldarion79 wrote: »
    It would mess up the economy.

If it was allow that you could access your account on both console and PC(which I believe is what he was refereeing to) no way it would. It'd be like me playing on PC then I transfer myself to my laptop, it doesn't do anything in terms of economy.

Actually many game companies are more than fine and wish they could allow your account to be accessed across consoles but both XBOX and PS have regulation that prevent this from happening. You can however go from PS/XBOX to PC, but not the other way around.

Anyway I don't see an issue with it. It could help boost population and possible revenue for people that stick with consoles for gamming. At the same time I really don't care either.

One issue would be the controls for STO. I don't know how they could get that to work smoothly.
    Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No I would not play STO on any console. Simple fact is Neverwinter has about a dozen hotkeys so you can use a controller for it. STO Has Well I use about 60 hotkeys. How would you get that to work on a console? Oh yea you would have to dumb down the interface, extremely dumb it down.

Or you could get a keyboard attachment to your console....oh wait, my computer has a keyboard already......
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    kavase wrote: »
    If it was allow that you could access your account on both console and PC(which I believe is what he was refereeing to) no way it would. It'd be like me playing on PC then I transfer myself to my laptop, it doesn't do anything in terms of economy.

Actually many game companies are more than fine and wish they could allow your account to be accessed across consoles but both XBOX and PS have regulation that prevent this from happening. You can however go from PS/XBOX to PC, but not the other way around.

Anyway I don't see an issue with it. It could help boost population and possible revenue for people that stick with consoles for gamming. At the same time I really don't care either.

One issue would be the controls for STO. I don't know how they could get that to work smoothly.

Ok, they are still separate servers.
  • Options
    djmetal1981djmetal1981 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I get the nay-saying going on, and they are all good points. However, the whole "too many macros" argument is a bit invalid. I have mapped an XBox controller to STO, as well as a few other games on my pc. In all honesty, DCUO was much harder to map than STO imo. Everyone has their own tastes though.

On a little side note: the seperate server thing doesn't have to be either. Again with DCUO as reference, they just combined their console and PC servers into one population. So, if I actually had a PS3 or 4, I could log with my existing PC account and have access to everything I already own.
    CelSTOsig_zps60r2fa18.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    As of this writing, only one Xbox game will feature cross-platform play, Fable Legends. I know TESO is offering a one-time character transfer. Depending on how many take up that offer, end game is a lonely place as a few power levelers who are already level 60 are finding out right now on XB1 Neverwinter.