test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Iconian Intelligence File #247

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Galactic News Network [PC]
The Iconians have made their presence known! After the incident at Qo'noS, our Intelligence teams are working around the clock to uncover what ever they can about the Iconians as well as their servitor races.

Your report is waiting for you, Captain

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    magneticmoosemagneticmoose Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Wouldn't the Voth have records about what happened? At any rate, this should be good.
  • Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I still find the similarity to new Romulus animal species interesting, that the Iconian we saw and the Herald mage share with them in regards to their eyes. I think the Iconains seeded New Romulus in the past.
  • Options
    drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They certainly are a distinctive looking bunch. I want to steal his scepter and smack 'em with it.
    I still find the similarity to new Romulus animal species interesting, that the Iconian we saw and the Herald mage share with them in regards to their eyes. I think the Iconains seeded New Romulus in the past.

Or possibly colonized it and what we're looking at on New Romulus are the descendants of Iconian livestock and pets gone feral. It'd be like a long abandoned Human colony having packs of feral dogs and herds of free roaming wild cattle.

Maybe epohs were a species Iconians kept as pets, like cats or rabbits, or a pest or vermin species like rats or rabbits.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    wait wut? the protheans have invaded sto? :P.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    drreverend wrote: »
    They certainly are a distinctive looking bunch. I want to steal his scepter and smack 'em with it.

Or possibly colonized it and what we're looking at on New Romulus are the descendants of Iconian livestock and pets gone feral. It'd be like a long abandoned Human colony having packs of feral dogs and herds of free roaming wild cattle.

Maybe epohs were a species Iconians kept as pets, like cats or rabbits, or a pest or vermin species like rats or rabbits.

Well yes, that's kind of what I mean, New Romulus could have a much greater Iconian heritage than most may realize when looking at it's Fauna.

Though as for the first Herald in the report, well that thing,,, only one word fits it, Toaster! Doesn't look organic at all! :P
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Though as for the first Herald in the report, well that thing,,, only one word fits it, Toaster! Doesn't look organic at all! :P

Looks more like an energy-based thing held together by some sort of matrix or frame.

Still, first thought on the second Herald shown is this: "You know, Herald, one of these days I'm going to have a stick of my own."
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    i suspect these heralds are actually less evolved iconians themselves, something like a warrior caste and they were instead given the title of "herald", the 6 eyes, the facial construction and the powers they have, way beyond a coincidence.
  • Options
    megawolf0megawolf0 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well, wonder if we might get some iconian like gear? Might be interesting. Also I hope they have future plans after them. Would be a shame if it is the endgame.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    i suspect these heralds are actually less evolved iconians themselves, something like a warrior caste and they were instead given the title of "herald", the 6 eyes, the facial construction and the powers they have, way beyond a coincidence.

So like the Iconian version of uplifted chimpanzees or monkeys or something? Now there's an idea.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    So like the Iconian version of uplifted chimpanzees or monkeys or something? Now there's an idea.

more closer relation, like a 100% match and a blood relative, but less advanced or evolved. held back on purpose.
  • Options
    diegojdiazdiegojdiaz Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Wouldn't the Voth have records about what happened? At any rate, this should be good.

My thoughts exactly. The Voth from recorded history (Star Trek Lore) are descendants of the dinosaurs who roamed 65 million years ago, became space faring to survive the calamity that happened to most species on the planet as we know from the Chicxulub crater. In that case, they are the oldest sentient beings, perhaps even older than the Dominion itself and the Preserver race that spawned off many of the species in the galaxy.
  • Options
    diegojdiazdiegojdiaz Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Think of the difference between the Human Neanderthals, and Human Sapiens. Very closely related. Although I don't think the Herald are related to the Iconians.
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The only thing greeting the Iconians once they arrive is an Energy Beam from one of my many Weapon Emitter Arrays equipped on my many ships. I say let them come, we'll help them burn! :cool:

In other news, as posted above, you'd think the Voth (and the Borg come to think of it) would have more knowledge of the Iconian than we ever would. The Voth have been a space species for millennia, and even if they remained somewhat isolated, they'd still have come across the odd relic in their time.

I'm more interested in what the Undine and Tholian are going to play in this upcoming war. The Undine have been manipulated and they now know this; they don't like people TRIBBLE with them, nor do they welcome intrusion into their space. I also believe that there is more to the Tholian involvement on Mol'rhian than simple exploration; I wouldn't have been surprised if they've been aware of the Iconian threat and are gearing up to defend themselves from it too - maybe even they will come to our aid in time?

As 'the peoples' champ' would say, Bring It!
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hallowed are the Ori.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Looks more like an energy-based thing held together by some sort of matrix or frame.

Still, first thought on the second Herald shown is this: "You know, Herald, one of these days I'm going to have a stick of my own."

To me, it looked like the G1 Shockwave from Transformers. Without the ridiculously large weapon on the arm.
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • Options
    dobbyswagdobbyswag Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I really hope that we will be able to get iconian technology somehow. With all of the shadows and stuff that they have would make your character be sick. I sincerely hope criptic keeps on making new iconic things like the ships they made
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    more closer relation, like a 100% match and a blood relative, but less advanced or evolved. held back on purpose.

The Iconian were saw on Qo'nos was tall, svelte, and looked to be as much energy as matter, and some of Sela's comments imply that their biology is heavily energy based with stuff like chronitons in their brains. Heralds look like they're just flesh and blood, so if there's a relation it may be more distant.

That or whatever the Iconians are is an uplifted or ascended form of Herald.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They'd be more intimidating if they didn't keep running away in Uneasy Allies.
  • Options
    thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    diegojdiaz wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly. The Voth from recorded history (Star Trek Lore) are descendants of the dinosaurs who roamed 65 million years ago, became space faring to survive the calamity that happened to most species on the planet as we know from the Chicxulub crater. In that case, they are the oldest sentient beings, perhaps even older than the Dominion itself and the Preserver race that spawned off many of the species in the galaxy.

I would say the Preservers are older. The fact that the Voth evolved into a humanoid form is most likely the result of Preserver manipulation. The Voth claim to be the first evolved species and they might be partially correct, if they were the first species to take humanoid form and advance after the Preservers seeded primordial Earth with their DNA codes.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Also, it's a big galaxy. Entirely probable the Iconians and Voth didn't cross paths, given the 200+ billion stars and all.
    I would say the Preservers are older. The fact that the Voth evolved into a humanoid form is most likely the result of Preserver manipulation. The Voth claim to be the first evolved species and they might be partially correct, if they were the first species to take humanoid form and advance after the Preservers seeded primordial Earth with their DNA codes.

This of course is all predicated on simple detail: if the "Preservers" are telling the truth.

Evidence is far more heavily towards them being the biggest delusional con artists in history.
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I would think otherwise. The Preservers were mammals, the Voth are reptiles. I would therefore conclude that the Preservers came after the Voth, and seeded other mammalian species.

Don't ask me to explain the Xindi though, that ones a little bit of a clusterfu*k.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    edited April 2015

the preserver race was around billions of years before the voth even got into space and they were the ones who created the life in the current galaxy, including the iconians one would assume.

the dominion was created possibly 8,309 years before the events on sto, however the race of founders may have been around far longer then this in their liquid state, remember time means nothing to a changling and they could be ancient beings compared to odo. by the time they started recording history of events with their genetically engineered lifeforms, but who knows how long they may have been around, alone on their own planet.

you would need to find something to prove one way or the other if the voth are older or not.
  • Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Here is an Intel report...

You cannot effectively play Delta Recruit when the game glitches and then leaves you trapped in the tutorial.

I filed an in-game report, GM support, and left a forum post under bug reports. Now I am waiting on Devs/Techs to fix the problem since my only option is to delete toon and try again... And hope it doesn't happen again. :confused:
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Curiously, the commander of the Romulan warbird sent to investigate Starfleet's incursion into the Neutral Zone was Taris.
    Which Warbird? The Federation vessels were named in the report, but not the Romulan vessel.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    flash525 wrote: »
    I would think otherwise. The Preservers were mammals, the Voth are reptiles. I would therefore conclude that the Preservers came after the Voth, and seeded other mammalian species.

Don't ask me to explain the Xindi though, that ones a little bit of a clusterfu*k.

Dinosaurs came first on Earth but that in no way confirms that it was like that in the rest of the universe.
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Heralds, Iconians. They know not the power of the Ferengi Whip. They soon will. :P
  • Options
    sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Which Warbird? The Federation vessels were named in the report, but not the Romulan vessel.

I believe it was the IRW Haakona, although I may be wrong.
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015

IRW Haakona
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    sharpie65 wrote: »
    I believe it was the IRW Haakona, although I may be wrong.

You're correct. Taris commanded the I.R.W. Haakona.
  • Options
    k0v4ck0v4c Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015

60 million years is a long time. Civilizations rise and fall ... rise and fall ... and some develop faster than others.

Look at the Vulcans for example. Now, I don't know the details but I remember seeing someone somewhere mentioning Romulans left Vulcan some 2000 years ago. 2000 years is also a very long time, but think how much they developed during that period. I don't think they advanced much, look at what state they are during ST:ENT ... expansion wise especially, look at what Romulans did with their domain during the same period (btw, we're discussing fictional future history here, it's hardly accurate but whatever) ...

The Voth could've developed a lot, and then something could've happened ... set back after set back, infighting maybe? For all we know the Voth we have here are evolutionary ******* (since when is the synonym for a mentally challenged person offensive?) that managed to survive due to some factor (lack of curiosity, secretive nature or close mindedness maybe) ... There could've been periods of religious rule, or inquisitions, purging past knowledge (burning books you know) that would account for any lack of knowledge on Iconians.