test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Vulcan and New Romulus Ground Maps not updated

dataweaver42dataweaver42 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
Right now, if you decide to use the Vulcan ground map in a mission and go to the end of the walkway, you won't find the statue of Ambassador Spock there. I presume that the same holds true for the New Romulus ground map; and I suspect that the maps where the plaques were added haven't been updated either. Was this an oversight, or is it just that they haven't gotten around to updating the Foundry maps to reflect their in-game counterparts?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Updating Foundry maps is tricky business and as if they did, it could hypothetically cause problems for missions already using them in missions (often times redressing them to serve as different locations.) For this reason, Foundry maps aren't generally connected to their live counterparts.
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited March 2015
    The Vulcan that is in the Foundry is actually the version we had at the launch of the game, there have been several updates since then. It actually isn't a good idea for Cryptic to update Foundry maps with new geometry, as it could break people's missions.

What they can do, and I would be delighted if they did, is import the updated map as a new map. So we'd have two versions of Vulcan.

And we don't have the New Romulus map at all. It'd be great to have, but maps take significant amount of time to import.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What I'd REALLY love to see in Foundry, is the OTHER map of Mol'Rihan, the one you beam down to in the Romulan Republic story arc. It's awesome, but it's only used for that one mission. The main one you can at least visit at will.

And yeah, I've SEEN the results of maps getting updated and it's usually not pretty. Two of my missions have gotten hit with it, one of them got so badly messed up that I have yet to republish it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    helixfungushelixfungus Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'd kill for the Romulan Flotilla Interior....
  • Options
    djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What I'd REALLY love to see in Foundry, is the OTHER map of Mol'Rihan, the one you beam down to in the Romulan Republic story arc. It's awesome, but it's only used for that one mission. The main one you can at least visit at will.

^This times 10!
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
This discussion has been closed.