test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to finish Treasure Trading Station

naharikajalnaharikajal Member Posts: 232 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Tribble - Bug Reports
Hi.

I've just played Treasure Trading Station. I've rescued Marta and defeated the last Klingon ship when my BOFF tells me everything is done now and we can enter sector space where Marta will be questioned.

After I warped into sector space the mission tracker tells me I am still at "Roadblocks".

So I've re-entered the mission and landed on the space station where the mission tracker tells me to use the turbolift to go to hangar 6.
If I am going to the turbolift now there's no interaction part so I can't use it or go to the next map (which I've already visited and finished).

So I am stuck and unable to finish the mission or get the reward.
Post edited by naharikajal on

Comments

• Options
    earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Did you try shutting the game down, and re-logging? Sometimes that works a kink out of the system, and makes a bug disappear for a while.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • Options
    skd78skd78 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Having the same issue on Holodeck. Any fixes or workarounds would be great.
  • Options
    ezralennonezralennon Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm having the exact same problem with Treasure Trading Station. It took me almost an hour to go all the way through that mission (including the ship battle)! I wouldn't mind just repeating the entire thing over again, but to be stuck in limbo with no way forward is frustrating. Not to mention the 3,000 skill points and other awards given for completing this mission. I can't even get new missions from the Admiral without either dropping or completing this quest. Nothing I've tried works. I sure wish someone would come up with a solution.
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2014
    I have not been able to reproduce this particular issue. I'll keep investigating.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    darkfirewithindarkfirewithin Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yep. Same thing on Holodeck for me. On multiple characters. I've only noticed it since the last update though
  • Options
    cenevieveasilvercenevieveasilver Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Having the exact same problem right now. if anyone'd be willing to share a workaround for it that doesn't involve dropping the whole mission, I'd love it.

Meanwhile I'll just keep trying here hoping I can fix it somehow.

I'll post feedback here if I manage to.

Quick Feedback:

I've tried everything. I went in and out of map twice, Flied out of range and back in, and even transwarped straight back to the academy and then flew back. Nothing worked.

I've been thinking about reinstalling the game, but I have the slight sensation that'll do nothing. so before I went in "guns blazing", I'd be nice to have a word from someone with knowledge on if S.T.O. saves our progress locally or in the Servers.

See y'all ingame, Live long and Prosper. \\_//_
  • Options
    hypocryptadiushypocryptadius Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I've done the mission on 2 avatars today.

First was with my lvl 37 (or 38) engineer and had no problems.

2nd time was with my lvl 40 science and had the same problem. Both had never played that mission before.

The thing that solved it was lvl-ing to lvl 41. Took the mission as lvl 41 and had normal playthrough.

And for everyone who have this problem, if you don't get mission popup when you enter system then the mission is bugged so you can just exit system and not waste time going through whole mission just to find out you can't turn it in.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    shdw420shdw420 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Same problem here with Treasure Trading Station. level 9 science officer, went through the mission twice now rescued marta and beam with her onboard my ship and killed the klingon, looted him and departed the system.

I thought maybe I broke it last night because when I first entered the system to scan the smugglers, i exited as I had to go to sleep. But I guess its not just me.
  • Options
    r3diln3r3diln3 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've passed this before on my main character...long time ago. Now I can't pass it on my 4th alternative character wtf?

Goal is to complete the inspection before leaving the bar:
    Some people say there's a pattern to inspecting the station objects - couldn't find the pattern.
    Some people say to drop and restart mission - I tried this but...
    I died before I killed all the bar patrons - I think this was a workaround.
    I respawned in the front of the station (me and my whole crew died and respawned), went back into the bar, killed the remaining patrons.

The actual bar lights up for you to inspect it 0/1 task completed
    inspect it 1/1 task completed
    then you can move on... Quaris says:

Qaris: All right, enough! Enough!
    How is a businessman supposed to make any profit with people like you around? You've cost me more in fines than the Klingons paid me to keep quiet!
    They're holding Marta in Cargo Bay Six!
    Qaris: I hope their captain grinds you into Rokeg blood pie!
    Take the turbolift to Cargo Bay Six.

Hope this works for you. I haven't tested it again..dont want to.
    Don't know why Cryptic hasnt fixed this either. bug dates back a couple years.
  • Options
    rarianrakistararianrakista Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bug is back.
  • Options
    trigg1984trigg1984 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi
    I am having this issue now with a level 8 tactical officer. Would have thought this would have been sorted by now. Any help would be appreciated
  • Options
    markb1975markb1975 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi.

I've just played Treasure Trading Station. I've rescued Marta and defeated the last Klingon ship when my BOFF tells me everything is done now and we can enter sector space where Marta will be questioned.

After I warped into sector space the mission tracker tells me I am still at "Roadblocks".

So I've re-entered the mission and landed on the space station where the mission tracker tells me to use the turbolift to go to hangar 6.
    If I am going to the turbolift now there's no interaction part so I can't use it or go to the next map (which I've already visited and finished).

So I am stuck and unable to finish the mission or get the reward.

Currently having this bug on my Delta recruit.
  • Options
    rithisakrithisak Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    oddly enough this is the 1st time I have ever ran into this bug and right after the DR launch. I didn't realize the bug went that far back and I've ran this more times than I can count.
  • Options
    ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Have the same Prob. with my new Fed Human Delta Recruit after i freed Marta and bemed up destroyed the enemy ship and warp out the mission let me replay the last part everytime and dont finishes the misison
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • Options
    belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yup same issue here on my new delta character, complete all objectives and told to depart system do so and it doesn't complete, all I get is a prompt to do road block again :(
  • Options
    edwardsparrow1edwardsparrow1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yep stuck on this one too with my Delta, won't let me finish after rescuing Orion
  • Options
    cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For those who are having the issue on holodeck, a fleetmate clued me in to this workaround.

1. On the mission step "Go to Cargo Bay 6", go to the indicated doorway, but do not use the door yet.
    2. Pause the mission.
    3. Interact with the elevator (either by clicking the button or right-clicking on the door itself).
    4. Un-pause the mission.

I confirmed this workaround myself, and got confirmation from 3 others that this method works.

• Options
    edwardsparrow1edwardsparrow1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yep just did that pause before the cargo bay as well and it worked.
  • Options
    talon2000uktalon2000uk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yep works a treat. Now if only the dev's could reproduce the bug and fix it that would be even better. :D
  • Options
    silverflame99silverflame99 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    cuatela wrote: »
    For those who are having the issue on holodeck, a fleetmate clued me in to this workaround.

1. On the mission step "Go to Cargo Bay 6", go to the indicated doorway, but do not use the door yet.
    2. Pause the mission.
    3. Interact with the elevator (either by clicking the button or right-clicking on the door itself).
    4. Un-pause the mission.

I confirmed this workaround myself, and got confirmation from 3 others that this method works.

Ran this 3 times before checking interwebz. This worked for me, thank you!
  • Options
    rickymbal3rickymbal3 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015

2. Pause the mission.
    4. Un-pause the mission.

Perfect! That did it. Once I emerged from the elevator, I received the accolade for surviving the bar fight.
  • Options
    ulises120ulises120 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015

2. Pause the mission.
    4. Un-pause the mission.

Thanks i have same problem and thanks to you has fixed more Thanks
  • Options
    fafreyxcfafreyxc Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I had the same issue on a newly created Delta Recruit (Fed / Sci) and was able to resolve it utilize the "pause tactic" above.

Regards,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    michael22133michael22133 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ran this 3 times before checking interwebz. This worked for me, thank you!

Thanks buddy, it works.
    Thanks for reading this STO post

-Michael22133-
  • Options
    pkreaperpkreaper Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i can confirm this works aswell
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    this bug still in game but the work around is good... also there should be 2 resource nodes in this map... but due to the revamp they changed the maps and you can only get 1 of them at the docks... devs should move the other resource node to the bar or something.
  • Options
    sagencesagence Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    the pause workaround worked for me as well.
  • Options
    jonjon84jonjon84 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have this issue on two toons. I thought there was just an issue with my new dalta recruit toon so I created a new one. Same issue.
  • Options
    r3diln3r3diln3 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Pausing didn't work the first time - few pointers to make things clear:

1) walk up to door until you're prompted to use turbolift
    2) hit pause
    3) click on prompt button/door and you should hear the door open (you hear it open but it doesn't open)
    4) when you hit unpause the door automatically opens i think - that should be it.
    5) finish mission

After beating last ship I suggest claiming the reward before departing. If it worked you should be able to claim the reward BEFORE departing. You might be able to claim it after departing but I didn't want to chance it cuz I ran the stupid 10min mission like 20 times before it worked.
    I can't verify the above but I think it does work. I don't ever want to do this simple loopy mission again. Cryptic, this should have been fixed 4 alts ago. Is it unfixable or does someone just not want to fix it?!