test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

server coming back?

2»

Comments

• shandarilshandaril Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tranks! noooo i need a caffeen boost =X so sleepy ... 22 mins might be too long!
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ...I kinda found this avatar to be quite fetching! Nothing says 'Bay Area Game Dev' like a goatee. :D
    Trendy, while this might be a little off-topic, since we're still on downtime, I just have one question: any possibility of a Lifer sale within the Delta Recruit time period?

Thanks in advance. I'd PM the question if there was an easy means to do so.
  • masonarchermasonarcher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    szim wrote: »
    Wrong again. It's 15:57 UTC right now. Look it up.

Angry Cat is Angry.

Anyway, I realized what my error was, one of my widgets was not widgetting properly. I have re-widgetted it. And now it is widgetting in proper sequence.

On another note, UTC is stupid.

So, here is a thought, would it be that difficult to use one single time for the entire planet. Base it off UTC, whatever. would get rid of the stupidity of "+5 utc, unless it is the third tuesday of june, where you are +5:30 utc only for two hours" TRIBBLE that happens.

That way, you do not have to change clocks, just your perspective. going long distances, dont worry about time zones, just know what day you need to land on.

Meh, I need a beer. And an angry cat.
  • stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Nope GMT =/= UTC ... -> Daylight Saving Time !!

That is virtually the same as GMT. work it out. usually 7 or 8 hours ahead of PST.
    That is the same as GMT.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Trendy, while this might be a little off-topic, since we're still on downtime, I just have one question: any possibility of a Lifer sale within the Delta Recruit time period?

Thanks in advance. I'd PM the question if there was an easy means to do so.

at least something came out of this thread constructive.

User CP> send new message> username [place target user name] or let autosearch send a list in a drop down after you typed a few letters> title> message [post contents] > send it.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    europe clocks only changed a few days ago, yeah, forgot that even though i changed my clocks :P. haha. its crazy, man.
    All my stuff changes automatically so I barely notice DST changes, except my watch. That thing throws me off every time lol.
    Angry Cat is Angry.

Anyway, I realized what my error was, one of my widgets was not widgetting properly. I have re-widgetted it. And now it is widgetting in proper sequence.

So, here is a thought, would it be that difficult to use one single time for the entire planet. Base it off UTC, whatever. would get rid of the stupidity of "+5 utc, unless it is the third tuesday of june, where you are +5:30 utc only for two hours" TRIBBLE that happens.

That way, you do not have to change clocks, just your perspective. going long distances, dont worry about time zones, just know what day you need to land on.

One time for all would make things easier, however it'd never work out as people would be furious that their "day" is now considered night and what not.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• shandarilshandaril Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    just set another clock to your taskbar with the server time set on it :P then youdont need worry about it =X

currently 09:11 am server side:P about 20 mins or so to go
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Angry Cat is Angry.

Time zones are devilry. That's why I rely on my trusty sundial. The mighty flame in the sky has never let me down.
  • grimlock39grimlock39 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have found it's best to wait 1 hour after the original deadline. Majority of the time Programmers are often hurried and are not given the time to test anything thouroghly.
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    stuart1965 wrote: »
    That is virtually the same as GMT. work it out. usually 7 or 8 hours ahead of PST.
    That is the same as GMT.

- 16:11 UTC
    - 17:11 GMT (+1 during because of "Daylight Saving Time")

-> your comment was about local Time in the UK ... so unless you refuse "Daylight Saving Time" ... it's not ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
    edited April 2015
    askray wrote: »
    All my stuff changes automatically so I barely notice DST changes, except my watch. That thing throws me off every time lol.

One time for all would make things easier, however it'd never work out as people would be furious that their "day" is now considered night and what not.

oh im going to a job interview in an hours time, plenty of time.. an hour later the phone rings, employer is asking where you are?!! apparently an hour late :P. yeah, had moments like those as well, just take it as it comes.

Russia runs one time, so to them its just easier to recognise dst based games like this and adjust for an hour forward then back in the year, instead of this issue where america is going forward early march and europe then going forward later in that same month to confuse everyone further the UTC.

i think this DST thing should be abolished honestly, its more trouble then its worth.
  • soundlogicsoundlogic Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Also with daylight savings it would be PDT and EDT not PST and est
  • cirran1cirran1 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Time zones are devilry. That's why I rely on my trusty sundial. The mighty flame in the sky has never let me down.

What do you do during solar eclipses or after dusk?
    Inquiring minds want to know.

Cirran
  • stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    game is back up. yay.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Angry Cat is Angry.

Well of course it would be possible. It would mean that midday and midnight would be at completely different times depending on where you are. You would have to get used to midday being at 5 o'clock and midnight at 17 o'clock for example.

Russa was experimenting with a reduced number of time zones (I think they reduced them from 11 to 9). But again this means that 12 o'clock isn't the time in which the sun is in its zenith.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Pfft i dont trust those infernal gadgets like those confunded sun dials you kids and your fancy pantsy technology.

why when i was your age to tell time we would walk out into a field and stare at the sun till our eyes burned from the sun and we would be blinded for a few hours...which is why it was called the dark ages.

but thats how things were...AND WE LIIKED IT!!! :D

Grumpy old man
    edited April 2015
    10 minutes left then and this thread i hope will be quietly swept under the carpet, hehe. :rolleyes:
  • devilment666devilment666 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    - 16:11 UTC
    - 17:11 GMT (+1 during because of "Daylight Saving Time")

-> your comment was about local Time in the UK ... so unless you refuse "Daylight Saving Time" ... it's not ...

Actually, GMT is still GMT, it hasn't moved on an hour in the UK. In the UK, we're now on BST (British Summer Time), which is GMT+1.

And for all intensive porpoises, UTC and GMT are roughly equivalent; if I remember correctly, they differ by about 9 seconds.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Im patching up right now see you all in game :)