test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tier 6 Iconic Ship Stats

Comments

• i8myhelli8myhell Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    cem3212 wrote: »
    These newest Tier 6 ships are well designed & have good features. Are they worth the cost will be up to each individual to decide & toss-away whatever amount they've already spent on their previously best ship.

I love this part: Q: Why isn’t the Negh’Tev’s Molecular Cohesion Nullifier console part of a set?

A: No other Negh’Var variants came with a console, so there were no consoles with which to make a set.

Translation: We have pooped on you & you seem to keep paying us the same like the other factions while getting less so we will continue pooping on you Klingons. :-)

Whenever synergy tactics are used, in this example consoles, not everyone will be happy & there will always be someone(s) left out, but really Cryptic ... you have neglected in the past, Klingons, compared to others therefore the precedent is to just keep the status quo?

At the least the Klingon craft should've been given two consoles, who knows doing what, but that way potential buyers paying the same price would've been paying the same for not so much less compared to the others & the Klingon ship would've benefitted from a two console synergy trait. Again, not as good as the other ship package potentials, but at least some thought & intent was given to lessen the disparity ... well would've been given. Even all three ships' statistics, Hull, are status quo with the Romulan ship up above the others, Federation in the middle, & the Klingon falling short.

So far, though I've just seen these pictures, very well designed & looks impressive for all three. The content is even good too as long as you're not comparing Klingon ship content to the other two.

Devil's Advocate question? Is there anything with the Klingon ship to make-up for the lack of having no synergy console traits? If no then why not & what would've that hurt game-play-wise?

It does seem like the Romulan vessel got it best while Federation naturally got it pretty good while Klingon was stiffed a bit. It would've been an opportune time to add a 2nd console to make-up for the lack thereof for the Klink-ship or as others have posted to make-up for the lack thereof for KDF to allow any other selected console to be allowed to allow traits. Opportunity lost to Cryptic ... if they care about the Klinks that is.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Details
    •Tier: 6
    •Faction: Klingon
    •Required Rank: Lieutenant General
    •Hull Strength: 44,850 at level 50 and 52,000 at level 60
    •Shield Modifier: 1
    •Crew: 2500
    •Fore Weapons: 4
    •Aft Weapons: 4
    •Device Slots: 3
    •Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Lieutenant Commander Tactical, 1 Lieutenant Commander Engineering/Command, 1 Commander Engineering, 1 Lieutenant Science, 1 Ensign Universal
    •Console Modifications: 3 Tactical, 4 Engineering, 3 Science
    •Base Turn Rate: 9 degrees/second
    •Impulse Modifier: 0.15
    •Friction/Traction: 25
    •+10 to Weapon Power and Engine Power
    •Console – Universal – Molecular Cohesion Nullifier
    •Can Equip Dual Cannons
    •Starship Ability Package (Battlecruiser)
    ◦Absorptive Plating
    ◦Enhanced Weapon Banks
    ◦Enhanced Plating
    ◦Armored Hull
    ◦Explosive Polarity Shift (Starship Trait)

•Cruiser Command Array
    ◦Command – Strategic Maneuvering
    ◦Command – Shield Frequency Modulation
    ◦Command – Weapon System Efficiency

I'm noticing a distinct lack of a cloaking device... is this a typo?
    Set Bonuses:
    •Enhanced Maneuvering Systems (2pc) – Passive
    ◦+All Damage Resistance
    ◦+Turn Rate
    ◦+Engine Power

•Reinforced Shielding (3pc) – Passive
    ◦+Maximum Shield Capacity
    ◦+Shield Regeneration
    ◦Reduces energy damage to shields

That's pretty handy, but then we get...
    Q: Why isn’t the Negh’Tev’s Molecular Cohesion Nullifier console part of a set?

A: No other Negh’Var variants came with a console, so there were no consoles with which to make a set.

...leaving the KDF version a bit more limited in potential than either of its comparable ships and leading to several further questions...
    • How about making the set include the Antimatter Spread and Projected Singularity consoles regardless of faction, but capping the set bonus at 3-pieces? That'd even get you some extra money as a company by getting folks to open old lock boxes to obtain more build options.
    • Is there a reason the consoles from the Koro't'inga Battle Cruiser and Vor'Kang Battle Cruiser (the Mogh Battle Cruiser has a ship-specific console like the Avenger, so that's out) weren't used to create an alternative set due to the lack of Negh'Var variants provided to us?
    • Are there plans to provide statistical benefits to the base ship to balance out this limitation? I ask simply because this does not appear to be the case as the stats currently stand.
    • Is there a specific reason an alternative console set or option wasn't made available to the KDF using the other C-Store battlecruisers or the cross-faction consoles that are included in the other two factions' respective sets? Honestly, it's not our fault there aren't other Negh'var variants to buy...

I will say that I was specifically going to purchase the T6 Cross Faction Cruiser Bundle because it was nicely balanced for all three factions... until I saw the Q & A. Like my refusal to purchase the Delta Operations Pack, I refuse to purchase anything that isn't reasonably balanced for all three factions.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • sychosis99sychosis99 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Damn, I was really excited when first hearing there would be a T6 Negh'var. Now seeing those stats and how KDF is getting screwed over yet again, I'll have to sadly pass once again. :(

Nice job to those responsible for the ship models, they do look absolutely terrific! Whoever did the stats on the ships, not so much. :confused:
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I must really be missing something.

I have a Galaxy-R-T5U and this T6 has less hull than what I've currently got (53,334). I can see that I will gain a Tac BOFF slot and change a Ens Eng to a Ens Uni, but that's it. Even the console slots are the same as I've got now.

The T6 Fleet version will therefore have less hull than the T5-U Fleet version. According to the bottom Q&A section on the stats page, the T6 Fleet version loses the Trait slot.

I'm not being sarcastic, but why would I buy this ship?

your current galaxy is like the worst ship in the game, this is a massive improvement. that station setup has 2 LTC slots, one being a super valuable tactical, the other being a command hybrid, a universal ENS, all equaling 1 more total then your current tier 5 has. it also comes with a great console that will passively break energy level hardcaps, etc. not to mention an exclusive new costume.

the fleet tier 6 stats are not in the blog, those are base 10 console tier 6 stats. peek hull HP is like the least important stat to worry about anyway, unless its like really really low.
  • nataku302nataku302 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    scififan78 wrote: »
    That bridge seating is what should have been in the Dreadnaught. I agree for an exploration cruiser, it would have made sense for the Lt Com slot to be science. Still, looks good though.

I know it has been asked before but, I will ask again, Will the Andromeda parts work on the Dread?

Nope it shouldn't have because the galaxy isn't a science ship. For the dread having a phase lance, two cannons and a cloak does not make it a battle ship. Having two more weapons does not make it battle cruiser. I love the current tier 6 galaxy class bridge officer set up its everything we can ask for. The only downside is maybe the turn rate and the fleet version will only have a 5th eng console.
  • theredcomettheredcomet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Anyone else notice that the romulan ship has a different boff layout?
    Not sure if better or worse.

Tac/Com instead of Engi/Com.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    crosis2014 wrote: »
    10 Console slots? Ensign Universal? Why are these t6 again?

So far the only thing that defines Tier 6 over Tier 5(u) in all ships are 13 Bridge officer powers being able to slot instead of 12. An ensign slot on a tier 6 also indicate 2 lt. commander which I always find beneficial.

Everything else, even a unique star ship trait and with fleet versions of Tier 6 NOT having them, are features but by no means points of definition.
    crosis2014 wrote: »
    Garbage ships - try harder

I would not go that far because those ships can be upgraded to fleet 6 standards and feel on par with current Tier 6 lock box/lobi/event/command ships then. They offer less freedom of build customization but that’s nothing new either. Only intel and the remaining ships of the DR pack feel behind a bit now.

As far as I am concerned I appreciate the work Cryptic has done to the Galaxy Class models. Will be cool to see some fly around even without me in it. A cruiser with 3 tac consoles slots and such a slow turn rate doesn’t seem to be an improvement over the stuff I already have.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sychosis99 wrote: »
    Damn, I was really excited when first hearing there would be a T6 Negh'var. Now seeing those stats and how KDF is getting screwed over yet again, I'll have to sadly pass once again. :(

Nice job to those responsible for the ship models, they do look absolutely terrific! Whoever did the stats on the ships, not so much. :confused:

Agreed 100% ^^^
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,212 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Agreed 100% ^^^

Excuse me but that Neghvar isn't nearly as bad as people are saying it is. Sure its not the best it could be but its on par with the other two iconic ships. The only place it falls behind is that it doesn't get a console set.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    westx211 wrote: »
    Excuse me but that Neghvar isn't nearly as bad as people are saying it is. Sure its not the best it could be but its on par with the other two iconic ships. The only place it falls behind is that it doesn't get a console set.

Would it have ended the world to at least leave the Antimatter Spread and Projected Singularity as set options for all three factions? You know, considered alternatives, rather than deciding that since they didn't bother to make other Negh'Var options for us to purchase we shouldn't get set bonuses either...
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zenn3k wrote: »
    The Andromeda Class is ugly, very very ugly.

The new Galaxy should ALSO come with Saucer Separation. Why should I have to buy TWO ships for that ability? You just lost a sale on that choice.

Why should two ships in the game come with the same console? Please explain, as if you really wanted it (Saucer Sep) you would already have the Galaxy bundle. No other released ship of a higher tier than it's progenitor has this, so why should the Andy be any different? And no, the Armitage doesn't count because it doesn't have a Phaser Point Defense System console that the Thunderchild has.
    MXeSfqV.jpg
    edited April 2015
    Would it have ended the world to at least leave the Antimatter Spread and Projected Singularity as set options for all three factions? You know, considered alternatives, rather than deciding that since they didn't bother to make other Negh'Var options for us to purchase we shouldn't get set bonuses either...

Yes, but the Andy and the D'K are both reiterations of existing ships in the store - thus they have a set bonus. If there were no other Galaxy/D'd options then there would be (mass outrage and) no set bonus for those ships either. My point is: if a ship doesn't have the refit available, why should it get a bonus from consoles belonging to other ships in your faction?

Look at it like this - you would be a bit annoyed if one person kept going AFK in an STF and got very rare drops (which thankfully, no longer happens because of two things).
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • drumcd74656drumcd74656 Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So. Klingons get passed over...

AGAIN. As usual.

Thanks, Cryptic. :mad::mad::mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Why no Ship Trait for fleet versions? Why do I need to grind up essentially the same ship twice, once to get a trait and once to actually use it?

And, as many pointed out already, why these not even released yet ships get a fleet version and not DeltaPack ships, released back in October?

Perhaps there are good reasons for both issues. I just want to hear them. I'm really tired of blog posts that drop some small, often controversial, pieces of info without any reasoning behind. A proper blog post can go a long way for preventing forum fires.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    im baffled by the ******** over the neghvar, what could possibly be the complaint?

its got a LTC tac now, thats great! it actually can rate as a tac cruiser now.

unlike the other 2 ships in the pack, it can actually turn well enough to use DHCs easily, its much better then the galaxy that can only be a beam boat, and even with the saucer sep have all its turn rate buffing math based around on its 6 turn rate.

even with the sep console, the galaxy doesn't have half the turn rate potential a neghvar does, wile having to give up a console slot just to still come in distant second.

oh boo hoo no 3 part console set. the 2 part set the other 2 ships have is GARBAGE, find me a more useless set bonus anywhere. its got an unnoticeable bump in turn rate, an unnoticeable bump in armor that is plagued by diminishing returns and a tiny bit of engine power, thats not really in short supply already.

the 3 part set with the shield is a bit better, but overall you're much better off slotting actual consoles if you want noticeable effects

the negvar got a half decent overhaul too. compared to the near galaxy's perfect model, its sorta half assed, but half assed is a lot more then the kdf get on average. in addition to the original slanted down wings, the negvargets these all new costume parts

flat wings with underslung cannons

flat wings without underslung cannons

flat wings with AGT wing tips and underslung cannons

flat wings without AGT wing tips and underslung cannons

a nose section with the AGT antenne

they took this opportunity to get all its canon looks in game, they didn't blow that off and just make the new costume.

so actually articulate how the kdf got screwed here, i see nothing but win.
  • greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Quite happy with the result for all.
  • olessiusolessius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm still debating internally whether or not to get the Negh'Var, but... the biggest hurdle by far for me is the fact it just doesn't get the BOFF slots to really make DHCs work. I always used to fly beamboats in the past but I never really enjoyed them, so I really don't want to fly another one of the damn things even one more time, but... looking at the Negh'Var here, it just screams "beamboat." The Ens. universal slot means that I'll only be able to use either APO or a maximum of two cannon skills.

This is the flagship (the Bortasqu' is stupid-looking and I refuse to accept it as the Klingon flagship because it is in fact not really a Klingon ship at all) of the Klingon Empire, a civilization that is COMPLETELY focused on war. I feel like their main battleship deserves a more tactical bent than this.
  • depc101depc101 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hmm do I really want to buy another ship to trade my lance for an extra eng consol.
    vqpJOX.gif
  • highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    PLEASE Tell me that you guys just Forgot to add the Info "Can Equip Dual Cannons + Battle Cloak" on the Romulan Cruiser and "Klingon Cloaking Device" on the Klingon Cruiser, i mean the T5s (T4 / T5 Fleet Negh'Var) of those same Ships had them, so it would be RIDICILOUS if their Shiny New T6 Versions dont have them Anymore. And other Than that, the T5 D'Derix Retrofit has 5.5 Turn Rate, the New T6 has only 5? WUD??????? Like the Turnrate was not Horrible enough, now you make it even Worse??? ORLY????:eek::eek::eek:
  • caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    killergill wrote: »
    Q&A

Q: Will there be fleet versions of these ships?

A: Yes! Each of these ships gain +1 Engineering console slot and +10% Maximum hull hit points and +10% Maximum shield capacity. They will be made available upon release of these three new ships. They are unlocked upon reaching tier 4 in your starbase’s shipyard.

It should be noted that Fleet Tier 6 ships do not come with a 5th level of Starship Mastery and thus do not have a Starship Trait.

We get fleet Tier 6 already of these, but not of intel ships?

Dont forget, we just had command cruisers that came in as fleet equivalent T6 already. So so far we have had;

- Intel ships - Basic T6, but no fleet version announced anytime soon
    - Command ships - T6, full fleet equivalent.
    - Exploration ships - Basic T6, fleet equivalent available same day.

WTF? Cryptic, seriously sort out whoever thinks this TRIBBLE up. It makes no sense and just makes you all look like a bunch of money grabbing amateurs. At least attempt to standardise your format for releases, not just send it flying out in all states, like a mad woman's ****.
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't get the hate in this thread.

RE no console set bonus for KDF: You really expect them to adapt other ships' consoles just to make a set? And who the heck even uses those sets? The turn set bonuses aren't counted in the base values, they don't help at all with turn rate.

RE ships' stats:
    they are identical to T5-U with the 13th Boff ability and specializations. And the Andromeda with the Negh'Tev even get the Lt.Comm. tac players have been clamoring for for years. The weird inconsistencies are probably just blog mistakes (turn rate of the Big D, no cloaks mentioned, no D(H)C capability on the Big D,...), the Andromeda hull decrease is apparently the Devs rounding (53 333 > 53 200).
    You wanted them to rebuild the galaxy with ALSO the Lt.Comm. Sci? That ship has sailed. They didn't do any of what players have been asking for the Galaxy revamp months ago. They apparently don't want the Galaxy to be the ultimate cruiser (possibly because people will still buy it for being the iconic Galaxy, unlike with other cruisers).

RE the KDF being shafted: (see the console set remark above) The KDF gets the Negh'var costume retooled AND another (Vod'Leh) costume with it. FEDs get only the galaxy costume retooled. ROMs nothing in that respect. Also the Negh'Tev is quite obviously better than the Andromeda (As the Mogh is better than the Avenger, the or'cha better than the Sovereign, ...).

So?

EDIT: Oh I forgot about the Fleet/non-fleet remarks. As always, C-Store ships are non-fleet unless they're ship bundles (Odyssey, BortasQu', Dyson sci destroyers, Kumari line, Scim line, Command cruisers, Vestas). These three ships may be released in a bundle, but not with 3 versions for each faction, so they're non-Fleet. Lobi/Lockbox and Grind vent ships are Fleet, with the exception of the original anniversary Dyson sci destroyer.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • paspinallpaspinall Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Anyone else notice that the romulan ship has a different boff layout?
    Not sure if better or worse.

Tac/Com instead of Engi/Com.

I highly doubt I would be using any command abilities if it's taking those precious tac slots away.

And to be honest when builds start flying for elite queues how likely are those consoles to be in the builds anyway.
    caldannach wrote: »
    Dont forget, we just had command cruisers that came in as fleet equivalent T6 already. So so far we have had;

- Intel ships - Basic T6, but no fleet version announced anytime soon
    - Command ships - T6, full fleet equivalent.
    - Exploration ships - Basic T6, fleet equivalent available same day.

WTF? Cryptic, seriously sort out whoever thinks this TRIBBLE up. It makes no sense and just makes you all look like a bunch of money grabbing amateurs. At least attempt to standardise your format for releases, not just send it flying out in all states, like a mad woman's ****.

So the same as they did anyway... we had some ships with fleet at the launch of the fleet level, others got it much later and then many C-store versions that were as powerful as fleet without an upgrade... so they are consistent with the past pattern.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    toiva wrote: »
    I don't get the hate in this thread.

Let me help you with that - it's because of general lack of knowledge, lack of basic understanding of game mechanics and mob mentality. While at the same time trying to pose as an expert.

I know it's the STO forum, but this is really depressing. :( Seeing the sheer number of people that don't have the basic idea about what they're talking about, but ranting and raging as some game experts nevertheless.
    It is sad reality of things, but it makes for a entertaining read while I'm in my "happy mode". :D
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • drumcd74656drumcd74656 Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And, just like everyone who (conveniently) doesn't remember how the KDF has been passed over again, again and again for any significant ship updates in forever (current DR excluded). All the while the few faction-unique things the KDF had left were handed to the blue side with each lock-box.

(still waiting on that tachyon detection grid. lol)

All the while, Fed players are consistently given every single toy. And when we finally get one. It's half-assed.

Yep all the Fedluv. "You got a scrap. Better be happy with it." Well I ain't.

Of course you can't understand.
    Cryptic sure doesn't understand why nobody plays KDF either.

KDF players do, however.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    shpoks wrote: »
    Let me help you with that - it's because of general lack of knowledge, lack of basic understanding of game mechanics and mob mentality. While at the same time trying to pose as an expert.

I know it's the STO forum, but this is really depressing. :(

Hey man, don't let the hat get you down! :P

We kinda got 1/2 of what we hoped for (for better or for worst) , and I fully expect some righteous bitc#ing down the road when better Specializations then "Command" come down the road and make the Specializations that some Hero ships got stuck with obsolete .

It's not pretty , but that's what you will get when you have extremely limited ships for each Specialization .

As for me ... , heh I started saving for a well equipped Gal-X in the last 2 months , and that ship can be fun (if you pour enough resources into it) .
    Same can no doubt be said about the T6 Gal .
    Thus, without QQing about how much my equipment & upgrades cost, I can understand how out-of-the-box, this T6 as is may not perform at it's best .
    That's the price we often forget / don't want to think about ... , especially us Altoholics .

... so for now the Gal-X will do for me, as I have not flown her for 3.5 years ... , but I'll get around to thenew Gal & Negh'Tev eventually ...
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Nice PICKLE O avatar

But why Nerd Rage at me i was just agreeing with someones observation.

I think the devs couldve done more for the Ngh'Var after all who knows when the KDF will get another ship.
    edited April 2015
    To clarify: Enhanced Weapon Banks is and ALWAYS has been part of the BATTLECRUISER mastery package. Last I checked, the (standard) Galaxy has never been a battlecruiser. Battleship yes, battlecruiser no. If you want a Galaxy with Enhanced Weapon Banks, upgrade the Galaxy-X Dreadnought Cruiser to T5-U.

So until the Galaxy Exploration Cruiser gets the capacity to equip dual cannons, deal with the fact that it will have Rapid Repairs and not your precious Enhanced Weapon Banks.
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's amazing that they can release 4 new KDF ships in a month and I want none of them. It actually shows a real dedication to making garbage KDF stuff. Congratulations?

More battlecruisers? strike 1.

Lower hull and higher crew? strike 2.

Low tac console/boff ships? strike 3.

For the zillionth time, we want a T6 BoP and/or a Science vessel.