test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Iconian Boff as a special reward?

djsimonroc88djsimonroc88 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
Wouldn't it be cool to have an iconian boff as a special reward for fighting off the iconians. I was thinking about this all day so I just wanted to know if you guys think that would be cool to have like it would have cool traits and some cool abilities :)
27457d1244675809-ok-wheres-facepalm-emoticon-double-facepalm.jpg

Face palming the enemy one at a time.
Post edited by djsimonroc88 on

Comments

• Options
    tcostiktcostik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Wouldn't it be cool to have an iconian boff as a special reward for fighting off the iconians. I was thinking about this all day so I just wanted to know if you guys think that would be cool to have like it would have cool traits and some cool abilities :)

No.

/10chars
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Would I want a member of an ancient, manipulative, and dominating race that has been attempt a comeback at intergalactic domination and the Alliances destruction? I'll pass. I'd sooner have Wesley Crusher (early teenage years) as a DOff.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Would I want a member of an ancient, manipulative, and dominating race that has been attempt a comeback at intergalactic domination and the Alliances destruction? I'll pass. I'd sooner have Wesley Crusher (early teenage years) as a DOff.

Congrats, you have racially stereotyped an entire race based on what some of them did. By that logic, no Klingon would ever have been admitted to Starfleet. Fortunately cooler heads prevailed.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Congrats, you have racially stereotyped an entire race based on what some of them did. By that logic, no Klingon would ever have been admitted to Starfleet. Fortunately cooler heads prevailed.

And we'd flush Nelen Exil out the nearest airlock too, though I suppose some probably have mulched him into a manual by now....
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    bwleon7bwleon7 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Didnt TNG say that the Iconians might not be bad at all and in fact were the ones thats got attacked?
    Dr. Miranda Jones: I understand, Mr. Spock. The glory of creation is in its infinite diversity.
    Mr. Spock: And the ways our differences combine, to create meaning and beauty.

-Star Trek: Is There in Truth No Beauty? (1968)
  • Options
    ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Lets see here... having a BOff that basically has the ability to wave their hand and destroy the entire Klingon Council without breaking a sweat...

Come on now... don't you think we've had enough power creep in STO without going even more over the top gonzo then they've already gone..
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Doubt it. I honestly don't see Iconians running around like our other boffs, carrying MACO or honorguard equipment and blasting away at enemies. Hell, they don't need any equipment since they can just vaporize anything with a wave of the hand.

We might get a Herald...maybe? lol
  • Options
    xparr15xparr15 Member Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Not gonna lie. It'd be pretty cool.
  • Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm sure we'll eventually get that vaporization power as a kit module eventually either from the rep or lockbox hehe. So it's not so crazy we could have one eventually if that happens and we adapt their tech to our own like the Borg we are! I would like a Herald boff too. Make it so Cryptic! All species deserve a chance to be shown as willing to choose a different path.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bwleon7 wrote: »
    Didnt TNG say that the Iconians might not be bad at all and in fact were the ones thats got attacked?

they were attacked by an orbital bombardment many years before humans ever took form. it was not stated how they were attacked or if they were completely extinct, but it was suggested that the iconians sent through forces through a gate to conquer their enemies without use of ships. however to precluded the possibility that iconians had no ships? im sure they may of had some. anyway, its also possible that the orbital attack was directly related to the gateway usage.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    vhiranikosvhiranikos Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    one does not simply make space cthulhus into boffs

Picard postulated that maybe the Iconians weren't bad but their tech could be misunderstood or misconstrued as such. This was, however, pre-assimilation Picard. If you asked him afterwards you'd probably get a very different answer.
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I really hope it doesn't happen, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if one found it's way into the lobi store or a *shudders* Iconian lockbox.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    they were attacked by an orbital bombardment many years before humans ever took form.

That's the Slaver empire (from Larry Niven's known space and/or the Animated Series). Iconians are just from a couple hundred thousand years ago (a time when we as a species definitely did exist.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Eh, i don't particularly want an Iconian boff ... what I want is ...

Iconian Rebel playable species! Racial traits give transwarp drive no cooldown at all, and a ground trait that vaporizes all enemies within 20 meters, 5 second cooldown.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Eh, i don't particularly want an Iconian boff ... what I want is ...

Iconian Rebel playable species! Racial traits give transwarp drive no cooldown at all, and a ground trait that vaporizes all enemies within 20 meters, 5 second cooldown.

You do know april fools was yesterday right? O_o
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ladymyajha wrote: »
    Lets see here... having a BOff that basically has the ability to wave their hand and destroy the entire Klingon Council without breaking a sweat...

Come on now... don't you think we've had enough power creep in STO without going even more over the top gonzo then they've already gone..

But stripped of their technology I'd imagine they aren't much more powerful than the average species. An Iconian "rebel" would likely not have access to such technology especially if they were already a prisoner of their own kind.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, but imagine a species that can't defend themselves against an orbital bombardment. And that said species basically can travel *instantly* wherever they want to go. That's something fishy. Heck, even 4 ferengis can take a whole starship with choke full of starfleet officers...
    So, a demon of air and darkness *should* wipe out a whole attacking fleet by just himself alone. Anyway, I don't need a so beta officer on my bridge lol...
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    jermbotjermbot Member Posts: 801 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Lets not demystify the Iconians by giving us their character sheets and uniform options just yet.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They could do the same as they did Nelen Exil a iconian who does not agree with thier faction and switches sides.

The iconian would have no iconian technology you would have to ger the iconian and since the whole wave of a hand and kill the klink council was probably technology based.

So your iconian boff would not have that ability it would be a boff just like any other and id imagine it might be a sci/intel.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You do know april fools was yesterday right? O_o

... and that means I can't joke anymore? I mean its not like I said it was confirmed going to happen, with a link to "Never gonna give you up" disguised as a link to a podcast.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bwleon7 wrote: »

yeas, but they didnt eve tried to show why they were atcked. is should be simpe selfdefence from them.
    imagine that you will dicover dead planet full of adolf hitlers heirs, and around is some dead planest of races which they viewed as inferior.
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You cant have one, cause if you played the Devidian series with him, he would go nuts and probably eat you.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They could do the same as they did Nelen Exil a iconian who does not agree with thier faction and switches sides.

The iconian would have no iconian technology you would have to ger the iconian and since the whole wave of a hand and kill the klink council was probably technology based.

So your iconian boff would not have that ability it would be a boff just like any other and id imagine it might be a sci/intel.

i had that stupid dinosaur on candidates roster up till they gave the ability to mulch the traitor. if he would betray his own species because he didn't personally like what was going on he could never be trusted on a Klingon war ship.

id be more likely to allow a enemy prisoner to work a station than a traitor. leave all that sort for you feddy bears to play nice nice with.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You cant have one, cause if you played the Devidian series with him, he would go nuts and probably eat you.

LOL wouldnt that be a nice picture while the crazy hologram says

Bonniekin Bonniekin

your iconian BOFF gots nuts and eats everyone..INCLUDING mr bonniekin lol
  • Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Nope, no thank you. I would much rather have an Undine boff...Undine are love, Undine are life.
  • Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tcostik wrote: »
    No.

/10chars

I could type a long post detailing how I feel about the OP's idea. But tcostik said all there is to say.
  • Options
    variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Sounds like a recipe for disaster. I'd sooner have Q serving on my ship. At least I know for sure he doesn't want to wipe of all out.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes please to Iconian boff!

But it would be one without the supreme abilities, who is perhaps rogue as a result of genetic and temporal experimentation that resulted in a hybrid spin-off that your crew has the option of commissioning, but who you still suspect to being an iconian plant/spy which you may decide is worth the risk in order to in turn get information from regardless.

Their species trait could have a chance for 'spontaneous instant genetic regression' where they turn into a full Iconian but with more limited powers since they haven't fully matured yet, with a 50% chance they will turn on you and everyone on the map leaving you without a boff for the duration of that mission if defeated.

It would make for a risky option on away missions with only 1 boff as accompaniment, and keep things interesting.

"..to boldly seek out new life, and new civilizations."
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well, I wouldn't mind having a full crew of defectors/renegades. My Fed already has a Voth, a Gorn, a Jem'Hadar, a Breen, a Borg who thinks keeping all his implants makes him handsome, and I still believe another is probably a friendly Undine in disguise, so a Iconian resistance fighter wouldn't look out of place.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1