test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Galaxy class

Comments

• reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am so happy right now. ^^

Awesome rework on the model, nice new parts, good set, good seating, good trait.

take my money. My wallet is ready.
  • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lan451 wrote: »
    Ahhh, as much as I'd love to I'm afraid I'll have to miss that. I wasn't expecting the Galaxy to come so soon combined with the dil exchange being over 200. I'll have to wait a week or so before I can get my hands on her. I'm a patient man though, I've waited all these years so I can stick it out for another week or so.

Well, we don't quite know when these ships will be released right? Unless I missed the release date announcement.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    reynoldsxd wrote: »
    My wallet is ready.

My body is ready. :D
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • emacsheadroomemacsheadroom Member Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The Galaxy finally gets its due. We now have a ship that can fight as well as a T5U Sovereign or Excelsior.
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ... Finally!

/10char
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • jer5488jer5488 Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well, we don't quite know when these ships will be released right? Unless I missed the release date announcement.

They're being released tomorrow. It says so in the first dev blog.
  • variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    a thing ive never said or implied it should have in game. :rolleyes: its pretty much exactly were i think it should be

I know. I was just poking fun at everyone who decided the best course of action after seeing the stats was to immediately complain about the 3 tac consoles.
  • reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    shpoks wrote: »

heh, if it saves me 50 bucks, i'll let them tickle ma nipples. lol.

They will probabnly release the Sovy anf excel again, again better than the Galaxy but this time it will not matter, because some other ship being better then a "good" Galaxy changes nothing about the "good".

I wish all fans of excel and co good luck in also getting sweetass ships.
  • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jer5488 wrote: »
    They're being released tomorrow. It says so in the first dev blog.

Ah. Well then. My Zen won't be quite ready (I want to get the bundle) but I will update my T5U to the new Galaxy bundle and join ya.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So I looked at the blog....and instantly in my head the Damn Miz's theme came into my head....

Because they came to PLAY.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUVJvA2Jctw

Cryptic either finally got the message, they actually want our money, or SalamiInferno isn't the Executive Producer we want...he's the executive producer we need.

But for Salami, the Devteam, ship artists, layout planners, and as they used to say in the Arcade, ALL Cryptic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dU68enUUwU
    even in pvp, a non tac heavy cruiser setup has little value, everything is so twitch, and disables are so powerful, that heal boats and teamwork are practically useless. and of course in pve, you want DPS over anything else, a LTC tac is super important for getting that.

fun fact: a long, long time ago when c store ships were a new concept, the excelcior R and galaxy R got each other's correct station setups.

fun fact: the 20 years past it's sell by date excelsior, at tier 5 level having the worst station setup, would have actually been accurate, and a galaxy R being a slightly more tactically powerful then a sovereign, with a LTC tac, would also be more accurate.

fun fact: also, the nebula should have been a cruiser that had a LTC sci, to complement the LTC tac galaxy.

fun fact: defiant and excelsior fanboys being in charge, ruins everything.
    I'm gonna told you so on this post, since arguing it has now been rendered moot.

And it's not in any way insulting since, It's Over, We Won.

I don't know if this is the end of the thread. For us Galaxy-X fans there's still a wait. But in many ways I'll be sad to see it go. This in times of lull in the battle, has become my favorite place to discuss canon, and the various nerd nooks and crannies of the Enterprise-D and her contemporaries. I'll miss that.
    I kind of feel bad for the KDF not getting a console set, but I guess a proper Negh'var is a minor miracle in and of itself. KDF gotta take what they can get I suppose. Still feel a bit bad though.

I'm sitting here hoping that they will continue the even handed delivery and instead the next couple of KDF cruisers they release will have corresponding consoles to make up the difference.
    :eek:

i'm quite honestly shocked. maybe all my ranting about how hard core the galaxy class actually is got heard?

and about how utterly insufficient just LT hybrids are. LTC is an improvement for sure.

i bet we can thank that last anniversary ship, the kobaly thing for the galaxy not having a LTC sci, and getting a LTC tac. it basically would have been a stat clone, in the form of an actual iconic ship, all but making it irreverent. and the d'deridex too probably. compared to it, those other 2 needed a buff.
    DDIS, I'd like to present you the Marine award for First man in, last man out.

You've been here fighting the good fight, as long as I've even known about this issue. You are an educator and a gentleman. I'd like to take this time to recognize your efforts. If anything I certainly think your ranting made a difference. :cool:

All those years, all those replies, all those ideas, all those debates......it was all worth it!!! :)

Not TNG, but damn good in context of what you said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8OpsPok6iQ

:)

Dat Faith of the Heart.

It's been a loooong roooad.....
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
    edited April 2015
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Dat Faith of the Heart.

It's been a loooong roooad.....

Hehe :) I know I'm probably in the minority here, but it's my second favourite Star Trek show after TNG. :D
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • neo1nxneo1nx Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    we should all name our tier 6 galaxys the USS polaronbeam, to honor and keep alive the memory of his general stupidity.

hahaha, yeah i remember your proposal to name your ship lol@polaronbeam!
    this guy is probably not in the game nethertheless.

anyway, yes, indeed i was shocked as well!
    a lt commander tac ( better then gal x ) that a real good new! i was expecting a lt commander sci, but tac is good too, and 3 tac console, that very well balance.
    best part is a lt commander command, not just a lt.
    it very good for a ship that is supposed to be a tank/healer first in cryptic eyes.

so they did it... they finally listened to all the complain and make an intelligent move, redo the skin that was awfull, give it a more intelligent and balanced layout, not too much and too little.
    very good move, i will have to remove my sig, it is so outdated anyway.

it come to my mind that for the people that play the klingons arc, there is a moment in the story where we should see this ship in all it glory.
    when a galaxy class came out of warp and blast torpedo on your ship, this should look awesome with the new skin:D.

if you guy want to do a galaxy event just like in the old galaxy thread, i am all for it but i would propose to postponed it in 1 week for everyone to get the ship.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=982951&page=14

i have no dilithium left but i will use my credit card just for this, no lifetime zen use, direct money to cryptic to thank them on the original skin rework.

will be fun to fly a galaxy again ( not a galaxy x )

now i will just patiently wait for the galaxy x ( please cryptic, not too soon!)
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    we should all name our tier 6 galaxys the USS polaronbeam, to honor and keep alive the memory of his general stupidity.

This, SO MUCH THIS.

I'm so excited. A few years of fighting and we've finally got what we've been campaigning for LTC tac, Ens Uni, and even the LTC Command/Eng. This is awesome. AND the costume too.

I'd like to thank everyone who volunteered to change their signature, for helping make this a reality. (You can take them down now ;) )
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
    edited April 2015
    Okay, I just officially had another nerdgasm moment!!! :eek:

I only now realised that the T6 Galaxy will have the Fleet T6 Galaxy released the same day!!! :eek: :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80xwN1L-3rE
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited April 2015

I only now realised that the T6 Galaxy will have the Fleet T6 Galaxy released the same day!!! :eek: :D

hahaha!!!!
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I want to buy these bad boys...but that Dilithium Exchange rate is brutal right now. Gonna have to budget this purchase.
    Hehe :) I know I'm probably in the minority here, but it's my second favourite Star Trek show after TNG.
    I actually loved Enterprise, huge T'Pol-Trip shipper. I understand the complaints, but Season 3 was pretty solid, and Season 4 was epic. I actually liked the ship and the cast. Just wish we'd gotten to know that Mayweather kid better, he was a killer extra. And I always get amped when I see Linda Park in something, love me some Hoshi.

These Are The Voyages? :mad: What are you talking about, there was no such episode. There was a brilliant recitation of the Captain's pledge by all the Enterprise Captains, but that was at the end of Terra Prime, but that's it. :cool:

I only now realised that the T6 Galaxy will have the Fleet T6 Galaxy released the same day!!!

You're silly bro, and what is that thing?

But that's pretty impressive. It's interesting how they're enforcing that. I don't see a problem, buying the C-store is a discount on the Fleet version anyway, so it's cool.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    well gentlemen is a stretch, but at least in the post STO launch years, i've sort of led the charge around here on the inconvenient truth of galaxy ownage. you think the canon has been hotly debated around here post game launch, you should have seen the galaxy vs sov threadnaughts in the prelaunch days.

just sold off some dil for the 3 pack and had a look at the galaxy in the ship customize, just about gagged looking at that old and busted model. with these great stats, and how the X gets no tier 6 or even upgraded costume actually makes me feel sorry for the X, my most hated ship.

so, with this 3pack launch a few other things are happening. namely fleet versions of these ships, and possibly others 10 console tier 6 as well? the intel ships are long past due for that.

also the console they all get, "this console also provides a passive bonus to max sub-system power levels." so what, these ships get to have 130 max power in all subsystem all the time? that could very sell be worth a tac console even. shame these don't get like an intel hybrid, OSS3 would have been perfect on these ships.
    edited April 2015
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CBiTAaCU8AEo_SV.jpg:large

A very nice before and after shot. Mr. Marrone has done a damned fine job with this. I'd love to see the neck section without the saucer - but I shall tomorrow.

Now what uniforms do I want my crew in... TNG, TNG Film, or Odyssey... The choices are so difficult...
    edited April 2015
    well gentlemen is a stretch, but at least in the post STO launch years, i've sort of led the charge around here on the inconvenient truth of galaxy ownage. you think the canon has been hotly debated around here post game launch, you should have seen the galaxy vs sov threadnaughts in the prelaunch days.

ho i am sorry to have miss that, i love when you guy talked canon and tech manual, it very entertaining.
    with these great stats, and how the X gets no tier 6 or even upgraded costume actually makes me feel sorry for the X

don't be!
    you known it will come out eventually, you KNOWN IT, hehehe!
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Sooooo, does this mean we are all having another Galaxy get-together once the ships go live?

You won't need to organize a Galaxy-get-together because you're going to find these things all over the game. The Galaxy-class design isn't my favorite Starfleet design. For me, #1 goes to Constitution-class Refit and #2 goes for the Sovereign-class. But the Galaxy is a canon ship and to me it carries weight as the Hero Ship for TNG.

As much as I've bitched about the T6 Negh'Var console set deal, I'm still going to get the 3 ships. T6 versions of canon Trek ships and the placement of the Galaxy where it truly deserves.

Now, with the Galaxy-class finally taken cared of, I'll wander a bit into the direction of a supposed T6 Galaxy-X. The LtCdr TAC on the T6 Galaxy complicates things a bit more though and something needs to be done to make the Gal-X more unique. I also did not want to break the core aspects of the Gal-X because there are fans of the ship the way it is. It should be a tough ship and somehow still preserving the more offensive nature of a Galaxy-subvariant despite the Galaxy now having LtCdr TAC. My guess for such a version:

TAC LtCdr
    ENG Cmdr
    ENG/Hybrid LtCdr
    SCI Lt
    UNIV Ens
    - Same BOFF layout as the T6 Galaxy. Bear with me a bit here...

At Fleet T6 level, same console loadout as T5U Gal-X: 4 TAC, 5 ENG, 2 SCI.
    At Non-Fleet level, 4 TAC, 4 ENG, 2 SCI. The same console evolution as the T5->T5U Gal-X.

Consoles & Set Bonus
    Cloaking Device, Antimatter Spread, Saucer Separation - What it currently can do at T5/T5U
    - Implement a 4 piece console set.
    - Before, Cloaking Device was not part of Galaxy console set. I'm proposing for it to be a part of a Galaxy-X set.
    - Add in a new console to come with T6 Galaxy-X:
    Phaser Spinal Lance Model 2410 - Console
    - Reduce Phaser Spinal Lance cooldown from 3 minutes to 2.

2 piece bonus: Same as T6 Galaxy "Enhanced Structural Systems"
    3 piece bonus: "Phaser Spinal Lance Model 2410 Alpha Upgrade"
    'After decades of using the Spinal Lance to include experience in combat from the last several years, Starfleet has implemented a set of improvements to the weapon.'

- Phaser Spinal Lance no longer drains weapons power.
    - Improves Phaser Spinal Lance Model 2410 - Console by further reducing CD to 1.5 minutes. This brings the Phaser Lance CD down to where the KDF Guramba Disruptor Lance is on CD.

4 piece bonus: A carrot to dangle for the expensive, 4 piece console set to be equipped. "Cloaking Device - Delta Alliance Special Program"
    'With the impending Iconian War that the Delta Alliance must deal now deal with, the Federation and Starfleet, concluded long, very troubled negotiations with the Romulan Republic to prepare the fleet. The Republic has conceded with their assistance and oversight, to field upgraded versions of the Cloaking Device to the limited numbers of Galaxy-X-class Cruisers in the fleet. Cloaking technology is still a jealously guarded secret to the Romulans. The new device is an improvement but not quite cutting edge.'

- Improves Cloaking Device Console to be able to apply Cloak in and out of combat but otherwise retain the same stats as the regular Cloaking Device/Standard Cloak.

Yes, I'd give the Feds 1 battle cloak vessel. But it would come at a very heavy 4 console cost. I'll take cover now...
    XzRTofz.gif
    edited April 2015

ddis, when we're mentioning the almost legendary canon debates that went on in these Galaxy threads I can't help to note one particular thing about the Andromeda Class - the return of the long, non-separated, saucer phaser beam arrays.
    First time on any new ship model in canon and in STO since the Galaxy Class, especially 2409/10 era! Maybe it proves the longer arrays were a better solution after all, huh? ;):D

A very nice before and after shot. Mr. Marrone has done a damned fine job with this. I'd love to see the neck section without the saucer - but I shall tomorrow.

Now what uniforms do I want my crew in... TNG, TNG Film, or Odyssey... The choices are so difficult...

Thomas is my new hero! :D
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • spockout1spockout1 Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Worst STO April Fool's of all time, or best thing to happen to this game since DR.
    "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. Except for a T5 Connie. That would be f*%#ing awesome." - Mr. Spock
    edited April 2015
    You won't need to organize a Galaxy-get-together because you're going to find these things all over the game. The Galaxy-class design isn't my favorite Starfleet design. For me, #1 goes to Constitution-class Refit and #2 goes for the Sovereign-class. But the Galaxy is a canon ship and to me it carries weight as the Hero Ship for TNG.

As much as I've bitched about the T6 Negh'Var console set deal, I'm still going to get the 3 ships. T6 versions of canon Trek ships and the placement of the Galaxy where it truly deserves.

Now, with the Galaxy-class finally taken cared of, I'll wander a bit into the direction of a supposed T6 Galaxy-X. The LtCdr TAC on the T6 Galaxy complicates things a bit more though and something needs to be done to make the Gal-X more unique. I also did not want to break the core aspects of the Gal-X because there are fans of the ship the way it is. It should be a tough ship and somehow still preserving the more offensive nature of a Galaxy-subvariant despite the Galaxy now having LtCdr TAC. My guess for such a version:

TAC LtCdr
    ENG Cmdr
    ENG/Hybrid LtCdr
    SCI Lt
    UNIV Ens
    - Same BOFF layout as the T6 Galaxy. Bear with me a bit here...

At Fleet T6 level, same console loadout as T5U Gal-X: 4 TAC, 5 ENG, 2 SCI.
    At Non-Fleet level, 4 TAC, 4 ENG, 2 SCI. The same console evolution as the T5->T5U Gal-X.

Consoles & Set Bonus
    Cloaking Device, Antimatter Spread, Saucer Separation - What it currently can do at T5/T5U
    - Implement a 4 piece console set.
    - Before, Cloaking Device was not part of Galaxy console set. I'm proposing for it to be a part of a Galaxy-X set.
    - Add in a new console to come with T6 Galaxy-X:
    Phaser Spinal Lance Model 2410 - Console
    - Reduce Phaser Spinal Lance cooldown from 3 minutes to 2.

2 piece bonus: Same as T6 Galaxy "Enhanced Structural Systems"
    3 piece bonus: "Phaser Spinal Lance Model 2410 Alpha Upgrade"
    'After decades of using the Spinal Lance to include experience in combat from the last several years, Starfleet has implemented a set of improvements to the weapon.'

- Phaser Spinal Lance no longer drains weapons power.
    - Improves Phaser Spinal Lance Model 2410 - Console by further reducing CD to 1.5 minutes. This brings the Phaser Lance CD down to where the KDF Guramba Disruptor Lance is on CD.

4 piece bonus: A carrot to dangle for the expensive, 4 piece console set to be equipped. "Cloaking Device - Delta Alliance Special Program"
    'With the impending Iconian War that the Delta Alliance must deal now deal with, the Federation and Starfleet, concluded long, very troubled negotiations with the Romulan Republic to prepare the fleet. The Republic has conceded with their assistance and oversight, to field upgraded versions of the Cloaking Device to the limited numbers of Galaxy-X-class Cruisers in the fleet. Cloaking technology is still a jealously guarded secret to the Romulans. The new device is an improvement but not quite cutting edge.'

- Improves Cloaking Device Console to be able to apply Cloak in and out of combat but otherwise retain the same stats as the regular Cloaking Device/Standard Cloak.

Yes, I'd give the Feds 1 battle cloak vessel. But it would come at a very heavy 4 console cost. I'll take cover now...

i like the genral idea, yes like i always said, tier 5 or tier 6 , the gal x need a lt commander tac, but not more in my opinion, 4 tac console at tier 6 at 5 at fleet level i am also good for that altho 4 at fleet level is good too.

i would love it turn rate raise to 7 and inertia to 30.
    and i would love that the cloaking device become integrated again, use it like a battle cloak, why not but i don't bielieve it, the intelligence ship didn't have one i see no reason why this ship should.

reintegrate the cloaking is already very good.
    all i wanted for the spinal lance is a different targeting mechanism, something similar to the gurumba, that make it miss less.the cooldown have already been lower to 2 min instead of 3.
    less would be good but i would prefer a lance that miss less.

and as much as some found it strange i like it to keep the commander and ltcommander eng, yes, you can make one a pilot seat if you want that the same to me.

but i still think it is too soon to speak about that now.

and if it can make drunk feel good for a while longer, that all good to me:):D
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The Galaxy finally gets its due. We now have a ship that can fight as well as a T5U Sovereign or Excelsior.

Well not AS good, only 3 tactical consoles and the fleet version will just keep on piling on the engineering consoles. But I think it's safe to say we can finally move the Galaxy from the awful column to the "Good Enough" column. :)
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015

i had a feeling thomas was behind that skin, him and the new ep i think are what made a gud galaxy possible, from what i've seen their fan cred is not in question. good god, what an improvement at every angle. especially the side profile, the neck is perfect.

so, as far as i can tell from this pic, its got the 4 foot model secondary hull, 6 foot model saucer, and 4 foot model saucer rim windows lol

ddis, when we're mentioning the almost legendary canon debates that went on in these Galaxy threads I can't help to note one particular thing about the Andromeda Class - the return of the long, non-separated, saucer phaser beam arrays.
    First time on any new ship model in canon and in STO since the Galaxy Class, especially 2409/10 era! Maybe it proves the longer arrays were a better solution after all, huh? ;):D

the other 2 sep capable costumes got the big array too, its pretty hard to justify spliting it up, unless you stuck ugly, unnecessary lines all over the saucer. if you judged firepower based solely on model appearance, even in 2410 galaxy and galaxy variants would be the fleet's big guns still. the ody's arrays are only about the size of the sovereign's, its extremely poorly armed, its got the firepower of a heavy cruiser thats 1/3 it's size.

the ody is like the galaxy class from TNG, if you took all its epic fails in battle literally and threw out all other evidence, distilled into ship form. its like, exactly the failboat a casual tng fan might think the galaxy was.

the split up arrays on the avenger annoyed the TRIBBLE out of me, but on that ship i think the cannons are supposed to be the main guns, with beams secondary. the guardian is about as fail as the ody in regard to being under gunned.

required reading for ship artist before any more fed cruisers get made- http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=23029901&postcount=1147

especially after how they armed those command cruiser. good god the micro arrays on those things.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just caught up with the whining in the main news thread. Hilarious. All this crying over a 4th tac console and how the ship isn't very good so they won't buy it.

How many times over the years did we get accused of just being mad because we wanted the Galaxy to be a Scimitar killing godmode ship? How many times did we have to explain that we didn't want that and all we wanted was a solid ship that wasn't literally the bottom of the barrel? And then when the ship comes out we're all blown away by it because it exceeded our expectations, but it's all the rest of them who accused us over the years who are crying that it's not a godmode ship!

OMFG these forums...
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Don't think adding the cloak console added to a console set is a stand-alone set for the Galaxy-X, but making a set tied to the Defiant that has the original cloak console an also a second or third that improves the cloak would be workable, and also would keep both the Gal-X an Defiant crowds happy if the Galaxy-X was added onto the list that can use this set. Yet it is tied to the Defiant in release for the console that upgrades the older cloaking console to a battl-cloak.

Now for the Galaxy i would hope we would see the fallowing done to the Phaser-lance both thru consoles, built-in features, and also setaugemention to it. THe first would be that you can toggle between the phaser-lance an phaser-cone variants wihtout the needed use of the saucer seperation as per the old model, and with a reduction of the cooldown on the Phaser-lance's cooldown to fit in better with the others in use. Second would be interchange ability of the energy damage type of the lance-weapon in like being able to slot coils or emitters into a slot that changes the damage of your lance-weapon to that of the emiotters/coils type, with these emitter/coils being either craftable found or bought, also you could add to these coils rarity types an mods (acc, crtd, crth, and so on) making the weapon more versitile an upgradable. Also on a side note i would love to see differnt visual styles of the lance-emitter on the glaaxy that are not tied directly to the suacer you are using, so that we can customizze it to fit our taste an part choices.

I personally don't see the saucer using torpedos, but more as a mine-layer that swoops in an lays a field of mines, before than swoopin back out while phaser-firing on the targets. It would be nice to have the saucer be able to be directly control by the player via a pet ui of some kind. Hell make it part of the console set bonus if you have to, that with either a two set or three set bonus you gain a Ui to control the saucer, or choose between flying directly the suacer or drive section. This has a prescident already in game with being able to choose which part of your seperated ship you wish to fly.

I think the Galaxy should actually have a Com or ltc seat minimum with the eng seat being the ltc if the commander seat is a tactical seat, while the lt seats are sci an another engeer pr uni seat (though a uni-hybrid seat would be nice for versity an deversity in builds.).
  • spockout1spockout1 Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Have they announced the next most important stat: the price?
    "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. Except for a T5 Connie. That would be f*%#ing awesome." - Mr. Spock
    edited April 2015
    spockout1 wrote: »
    Have they announced the next most important stat: the price?

We can safely assume 30 per ship, 60 for the 3 pack. Same as the Command BC's. With 5 or 6 fleet modules per ship, 1 if you own the zen variant.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just caught up with the whining in the main news thread. Hilarious. All this crying over a 4th tac console and how the ship isn't very good so they won't buy it.

How many times over the years did we get accused of just being mad because we wanted the Galaxy to be a Scimitar killing godmode ship? How many times did we have to explain that we didn't want that and all we wanted was a solid ship that wasn't literally the bottom of the barrel? And then when the ship comes out we're all blown away by it because it exceeded our expectations, but it's all the rest of them who accused us over the years who are crying that it's not a godmode ship!

OMFG these forums...

I can see some of the complaints about 4 TAC Consoles but that is treading over what should be the Galaxy-X's stomping grounds. The T5U Fleet Gal-X is 4 TAC, 5 ENG, 2 SCI. The T6 Galaxy shouldn't cross over into that. Not to mention that every port of a T5 ship into T6 has followed the basic stats and layout of the original T5U version.

Besides, I've played tons on the T6 Guardian. That has the LtCdr TAC and 3 TAC Consoles and she sure as hell does not feel weak. The T6 Galaxy in comparison gets to play with the full bells and whistles of a high ENG ship (Cmdr/LtCdr) but FINALLY get that extra bit of TAC capability. There are some guys that can do amazing things even now with a T5U Fleet Galaxy but to get the LtCdr TAC is just gravy.
    XzRTofz.gif