test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Galaxy class

Comments

• jer5488jer5488 Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's so beautiful.... /sniff.

If this isn't an April fools joke, it's all been worth it.

And the most amazing/shocking part...

Q: Will there be fleet versions of these ships?

A: Yes! Each of these ships gain +1 Engineering console slot and +10% Maximum hull hit points and +10% Maximum shield capacity. They will be made available upon release of these three new ships. They are unlocked upon reaching tier 4 in your starbase’s shipyard.

It should be noted that Fleet Tier 6 ships do not come with a 5th level of Starship Mastery and thus do not have a Starship Trait.
  • wrathofachilleswrathofachilles Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I must admit I am quite surprised that they gave the lt.com tac but... I guess they finally decided to just let the galaxy out of the "no tac for you" box. lol.

I know this is the galaxy thread... but I would have rathered that command hybrid been on the DD's sci rather than tac... :/
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Enhanced Engineering Systems Set

Equipping multiple consoles from the Exploration Cruiser Refit, Exploration Cruiser Retrofit and Exploration Cruiser [T6] will bestow set bonuses to your starship.

Consoles in this set:
    •Console – Universal – Antimatter Spread
    •Console – Universal – Saucer Separation
    •Console – Universal – Molecular Cohesion Nullifier

Set Bonuses:
    •Enhanced Structural Systems (2pc) - Passive ◦+All Damage Resistance
    ◦+Turn Rate
    ◦+Engine Power

•Reinforced Shielding (3pc) – Passive ◦+Maximum Shield Capacity
    ◦+Shield Regeneration
    ◦Reduces energy damage to shields

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

*Dances in front of PC*
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Wow I'm thrilled. The only thing that would have made it "perfect" would have been a fourth tactical console slot, or at the very least the chance to pick up a fourth tactical slot upon acquiring the fleet version. But alas, more engineering to start, even more engineering after upgrade. 4/4/3 would have been pretty balanced.
  • supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Wow wasn't expecting that station layout. Cryptic thank you. Can't wait to take the helm tomorrow afternoon.

Good job happy happy happy
  • rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So can finally put this thread to rest? The Galaxy is fixed and all is good with the world?
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I kind of feel bad for the KDF not getting a console set, but I guess a proper Negh'var is a minor miracle in and of itself. KDF gotta take what they can get I suppose. Still feel a bit bad though.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    :eek:

i'm quite honestly shocked. maybe all my ranting about how hard core the galaxy class actually is got heard?

and about how utterly insufficient just LT hybrids are. LTC is an improvement for sure.

i bet we can thank that last anniversary ship, the kobaly thing for the galaxy not having a LTC sci, and getting a LTC tac. it basically would have been a stat clone, in the form of an actual iconic ship, all but making it irreverent. and the d'deridex too probably. compared to it, those other 2 needed a buff.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well, I am surprised. And a LTC hybrid - I did not see that coming :D

I am a bit "disappointed" about the LTC tac, but maybe the "gimmme DPS NAO!" did work. I'd have preffered a eng/sci layout for the gal, a tac/eng for the negh and a tac/sci for the d'd but hey, I won't complain ^^
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    edited April 2015
    So can finally put this thread to rest? The Galaxy is fixed and all is good with the world?

yes, i'd say we are sufficiently appeased regarding the galaxy class, i never would have dared hope for it to get a station setup that good. shame about the entire rest of the game...

with that model, and that actually not totally awful new costume, and those stats, no one can say cryptic has a beef with the galaxy any more.

lan451 wrote: »
    I kind of feel bad for the KDF not getting a console set, but I guess a proper Negh'var is a minor miracle in and of itself. KDF gotta take what they can get I suppose. Still feel a bit bad though.

a bone is a bone, even if its a bit light on meat. but, on the other hand, the negvar still has a 9 turn rate, and can use DHCs. not just equip, its totally able to use them just fine.
    edited April 2015

You know what's ironic here???

This thread was started by someone who dislikes the Galaxy Class very much in order to state that it should never become an end-game ship. It was also created in response to my request to Mr.Ricossa to give us the Galaxy we deserve since he claimed to be a big TNG fan.

Thank you SalamiInferno and everyone else who had their fingers in this!!!

And now here we are, in this same thread celebrating the best end-game Galaxy Class EVAR!!! No hard feelings, only positive vibes.....all is good in the world!!! :D

Now where's polaronbeam, I want to buy the guy a beer. Ever since he proclaimed that Cryptic would never touch our "space hotel" - it got a revamp, a 3-piece set, new and proper ship model and a ROCK SOLID T6 variant!!!

Yeah, we can put the thread to rest.....in a few days, after we're done screaming of joy!!! :D I can't believe it has finally happened!!! :o
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited April 2015

i'm quite honestly shocked. maybe all my ranting about how hard core the galaxy class actually is got heard?

and about how utterly insufficient just LT hybrids are. LTC is an improvement for sure.

idk DDIS... delta recruits, new galaxy with awesome stats, talks of low level pvp, cats and dogs living together...

but yeah, on a serious note, all 3 ships look really nice. I'll definitely be saving up for the 3 pack.
    i bet we can thank that last anniversary ship, the kobaly thing for the galaxy not having a LTC sci, and getting a LTC tac. it basically would have been a stat clone, in the form of an actual iconic ship, all but making it irreverent. and the d'deridex too probably. compared to it, those other 2 needed a buff.

Don't forget the opperations command ship that has the boff layout if they went the pathfinder rout with the galaxy (it's actually a nice ship too btw)
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    shpoks wrote: »
    You know what's ironic here???

This thread was started by someone who dislikes the Galaxy Class very much in order to state that it should never become an end-game ship. It was also created in response to my request to Mr.Ricossa to give us the Galaxy we deserve since he claimed to be a big TNG fan.

Thank you SalamiInferno and everyone else who had their fingers in this!!!

And now here we are, in this same thread celebrating the best end-game Galaxy Class EVAR!!! No hard feelings, only positive vibes.....all is good in the world!!! :D

Now where's polaronbeam, I want to buy the guy a beer. Ever since he proclaimed that Cryptic would never touch our "space hotel" - it got a revamp, a 3-piece set, new and proper ship model and a ROCK SOLID T6 variant!!!

Yeah, we can put the thread to rest.....in a few days, after we're done screaming of joy!!! :D I can't believe it has finally happened!!! :o

In case you want to get hammered and joyfully wallow in a mud pit all night, you are cordially invited :D

EDIT: I just realized that didn't come out right XD
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Not much of a fan of the Galaxy (TNG was never "my" Trek) but I will do my part in the party

TAKE IT AWAY Q
    edited April 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    In case you want to get hammered and joyfully wallow in a mud pit all night, you are cordially invited :D

EDIT: I just realized that didn't come out right XD

https://media0.giphy.com/media/3fpNOUeYLwKdO/200_s.gif

:D:D:D
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • caasicamcaasicam Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That Lt. Cmdr. Tac though.

WHOA

whoa

whoa
    edited April 2015
    we should all name our tier 6 galaxys the USS polaronbeam, to honor and keep alive the memory of his general stupidity.
  • jer5488jer5488 Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    we should all name our tier 6 galaxys the USS polaronbeam, to honor and keep alive the memory of his general stupidity.

Ummm... I'd rather not. How about my type 8 shuttlecraft? You know, the one that's wrecked and disabled and mistreated every twelve episodes.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What did I tell you guys? What did I tell you?

LtCdr TAC for the T6 Galaxy. I was right :cool:

As far as the whole Galaxy, Negh'Var, D'D for T6, it's alright in general. The only thing I AM annoyed about is the half-assed implementation of the Negh'Var.
    XzRTofz.gif
    edited April 2015
    The only thing I AM annoyed about is the half-assed implementation of the Negh'Var.

To be honest, I expected that. The Negh'var didn't have any C-Store variants, I saw this miles away.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well I helped fight for the Galaxy and Neg'var for 5 years. Eventually I gave up, and said man it will never happen. *Gets on his knees* Alright who ever at cryptic made this happen, lets get this over and remember no eye contact!

:5mins later:

"Oh what a lovely tea party."

Lets never speak of that again....

On a serious note, ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!!! Galaxy of non-failtasticness!!!!!!!!!! Didnt get the LTC sci but ill take a LT sci + uni. And to boot the Galaxy/D'd/Neg become the first offical T6 Fleet ships from the shipyard.

The trait still blows but TRIBBLE it im to happy to care! Cryptic finally is turning around some *still cautious*.

*throws some confetti in the air*
    Welcome home Big 3 you made it through your 5 year voyage on the pain train!

/edit
    keep in mind the neg'var had no cstore version AND they did give us the added parts for free even if we don't buy them so I honestly think this was a good deal all around.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    shpoks wrote: »
    To be honest, I expected that. The Negh'var didn't have any C-Store variants, I saw this miles away.

It's not so much as that. It's just they just took the easy way out and refused to do anything to make it better in compensation. Is that one console going to be worth it? I think not. The T6 Negh'Var is going to be best played as if the Console never existed.

The very first stumbling block they ran into, they gave up.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited April 2015

bbbut but but it didn't come with 10 tac consoles! Utter fail! :rolleyes:
    edited April 2015
    Fellow Galaxy fans and denizens of the various Galaxy threads from over the years,

The time has finally come. The time to retire the Galaxy revamp sigs of old and move forward into this new era of Galaxy goodness.

I'd like to thank all of you who kept up the fight all these years for this day to come.

I'd also like to take a moment of silence in remembrance of all the stupid, ridiculous, absurd, and outright insane "arguments" from those who tried to keep our ship down.

And finally, to all you Galaxy haters who tried your very best until the bitter end,

well...

http://i.imgur.com/VvLPRgC.png
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Sooooo, does this mean we are all having another Galaxy get-together once the ships go live?
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
    edited April 2015
    What did I tell you guys? What did I tell you?

LtCdr TAC for the T6 Galaxy. I was right :cool:

As far as the whole Galaxy, Negh'Var, D'D for T6, it's alright in general. The only thing I AM annoyed about is the half-assed implementation of the Negh'Var.

half assed is at least twice as good as the no assed treatment kdf gets. typical kdf treatment would have been no corrected canon flat winged costume options, no underslung DS9 cannons, and just the new costume. the kdf are getting spoiled right now hardcore.

if only it had 5 fore weapons, tier 6 neg would be perfect.

variant37 wrote: »

a thing ive never said or implied it should have in game. :rolleyes: its pretty much exactly were i think it should be
    edited April 2015
    Sooooo, does this mean we are all having another Galaxy get-together once the ships go live?

Ahhh, as much as I'd love to I'm afraid I'll have to miss that. I wasn't expecting the Galaxy to come so soon combined with the dil exchange being over 200. I'll have to wait a week or so before I can get my hands on her. I'm a patient man though, I've waited all these years so I can stick it out for another week or so.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
    edited April 2015
    Fellow Galaxy fans and denizens of the various Galaxy threads from over the years,

The time has finally come. The time to retire the Galaxy revamp sigs of old and move forward into this new era of Galaxy goodness.

I'd like to thank all of you who kept up the fight all these years for this day to come.

All those years, all those replies, all those ideas, all those debates......it was all worth it!!! :)

Not TNG, but damn good in context of what you said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8OpsPok6iQ

:)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • caasicamcaasicam Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ahhh, as much as I'd love to I'm afraid I'll have to miss that. I wasn't expecting the Galaxy to come so soon combined with the dil exchange being over 200. I'll have to wait a week or so before I can get my hands on her. I'm a patient man though, I've waited all these years so I can stick it out for another week or so.

Same here, unless of course, the Fleet version gets to use the Andromeda costume, then I could drop some zen for FSMs.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    variant37 wrote: »

Don't forget the extra fail of the console not one shotting everything in its wake!