test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AFK ban for fixing my powers tray (total bollocks)

crayosicomcrayosicom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
i was given a 2hr afk penalty because upon spawning in the fleet action, my powers tray and boff assignments were completely empty. because of YOUR BUG, i was banned. this is unacceptable and i demand that it be removed immidiately.
Post edited by crayosicom on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Save to a loadout. When the bug happens, select the loadout and go to Stations screen. This will restore the boffs and skills tray will re-appear.
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    crayosicom wrote: »
    i was given a 2hr afk penalty because upon spawning in the fleet action, my powers tray and boff assignments were completely empty. because of YOUR BUG, i was banned. this is unacceptable and i demand that it be removed immidiately.

Is bollocks a fish?
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • thejoker767thejoker767 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    good , the system works ... you don't fight you don't get nothing

look up how to save loadouts and theres no problem

the ban should be 6hrs

moochers get the 2hr
  • puckalishpuckalish Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    chalpen wrote: »
    Is bollocks a fish?

Absolutely... as in, "Wouldn't you love to savor the flavor of my salty bollocks?"
  • captyoung01captyoung01 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Save to a loadout. When the bug happens, select the loadout and go to Stations screen. This will restore the boffs and skills tray will re-appear.

That doesn't work all the time, System still forgets boff layouts at times, and you have manually input them. Mostly I have to hit the loadout button I have named and saved then I have to hit the "Stations" tab in order for the abilities to appear on the tray. But as I said before, the system doesn't remember the boff layouts half the time, so I am usually manually inputting them.
  • embracedsinembracedsin Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    They need to make the system so anyone who doesn't do 10%+ of the team damage gets the afk penality. The people who troll normal with 30k+ are not having enough fun.
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    good , the system works ... you don't fight you don't get nothing

look up how to save loadouts and theres no problem

the ban should be 6hrs

moochers get the 2hr

No, there is STILL a problem, the damn load out/ power tray is still broken.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • sammyspet1sammyspet1 Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    crayosicom wrote: »

LOL just LOL... not their fault u didnt save one or check before you went in, maybe this will teach you for next time.

glad to see the system working sort of lol.... hate leach's or players who dont do anything in PvE/STF........ jolly good show, ty needed a laugh about something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wanted to beat the Delta Meme n00bs LOL
    Join Date a player made up is NOT correct!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    meh, takes me 15 secs to reset my boff stations....

I don't personally keep boff abilities in the main power tray so I don't have an issue there often.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    Yes, the loadouts will help, however I believe the point is that we shouldn't have to use the loadout system at all if we don't want to. This is a bug that Cryptic appears to be incapable of fixing.

Pretty much this.

I think the OP would have gotten a more sympathetic response if he hadn't been all entitlement rage in his post.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    while most of the time a saved loadout might fix the issue , you can even check it before you join a queue , when you transition it still botched and that you have to manually rebuild your boff positions and tray which if you going thru steps to try a save loadout first , and rebuild the loadout could take time that could give you the AFK timer . which i can understand the OPs fustration. but hes a little gruff in his post .
    the system is still broken and hasnt worked since it launched . i dont know why they cant get this thing licked .
    edited March 2015
    Yes, the loadouts will help, however I believe the point is that we shouldn't have to use the loadout system at all if we don't want to. This is a bug that Cryptic appears to be incapable of fixing.

then the player shouldnt complain about having a ban its their own fault, stop with the we every1 plays diffrently i am not part of your little we i use it as a way to stop the bug. if u fail to understand that the we and all the delta meme people as u dont speak for me or any1. thats just wrong and ur mistaking me for someone who cares about it as its funny

so cut the we TRIBBLE and speak for urself if u can do that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    S--t happens, I got one when my ship decided it was going to be a yo-yo, bloody lag lol...log out, got back in and it did the same,,,,,,:)
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    sammyspet1 wrote: »
    LOL just LOL... not their fault u didnt save one or check before you went in, maybe this will teach you for next time.

glad to see the system working sort of lol.... hate leach's or players who dont do anything in PvE/STF........ jolly good show, ty needed a laugh about something.

I've saved loadouts. Oftentimes they don't work. Going into the stations tab will fix it... oh, about 60% of the time. But shouldn't even be necessary and still doesn't even always work.
    edited March 2015
    This childish rage post of yours is why grown-ups speak on your behalf. Because you aren't mature enough to speak for yourself. :rolleyes:

nore are you, as u cant do a post with out insulting someone. id hardly call the people who play this grown ups as its all me me me.... i want i want i want..... give me compo cos i lost 2 hours of my play time.

sonnikku wrote: »
    I've saved loadouts. Oftentimes they don't work. Going into the stations tab will fix it... oh, about 60% of the time. But shouldn't even be necessary and still doesn't even always work.

then learn to use them correctly, ive never had a single problem with the load out from the saved load.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited March 2015
    Lol... Criticizing someone for being insulting while insulting others him/herself. :rolleyes: Priceless.

Love that hole you keep digging yourself into. :P

if that helps u sleep at night keep telling urself that.

grow up and drop that spade as your the one who is digging urself a hole!!!

go away you child.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• crayosicomcrayosicom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i had a saved loadout, and it did nothing for the boffs except make things worse - usually if i reslot the same boff who was there, the powers reappear- this time it scrambled the tray and i had to manually rearrange it.
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    chalpen wrote: »
    Is bollocks a fish?

It's the Tier 6 version of Sandra Bullock.
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Couldn't the person who's tray went kaput just warp out to miss the ban?
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
    edited March 2015
    That's the best you can do? I've got better things to do than have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. :rolleyes:

thank you for proving my point child.. if it helps u sleep at night trying to say or prove u have a higher IQ then what ever. for the record i dont care so im not trying to do battle with a little forum troll who cant understand simple facts.

let me guess this is what you have to do https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I

or you could go watch thomas the tank engine and feel self important.

this little thing is OVER, may gold help u and have mercy on your IQ.
    :D:D

but i am sure u will be like this :confused: LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• jer5488jer5488 Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited March 2015

then learn to use them correctly, ive never had a single problem with the load out from the saved load.

You've never had a single problem - that doesn't mean no problem exists. I've gone from Sol space with my trays perfect - straight into a queue and had everything reset. Loadouts, boffs unassigned, powers lost, trays empty.

Neither of my saved loadouts - which worked on the map prior - would fix it. I got my boffs assigned and started fighting - but I have to admit besides basic fire my ship was pretty useless until I got everything on my tray.
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    for the record i dont care so im not trying to do battle with a little forum troll who cant understand simple facts.

The fact is that the loadouts are unreliable. Don't assume that because it works for you, that this is the case for all players. It's unfortunate that you place yourself on such a pedestal, that you should be so openly insulting to other players... :rolleyes:
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
    edited March 2015
    for the record i dont care so im not trying to do battle with a little forum troll who cant understand simple facts.

I would be careful about throwing that term around, firstly because it's against the forum rules and secondly because your are frankly coming off as more of one then the person you are calling one.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    thetanine wrote: »
    Couldn't the person who's tray went kaput just warp out to miss the ban?
    honestly.... manually reslotting boffs doesn't take long enough to give you the AFK thing. the only way I can think of is if he went and manually reset everything in his power tray while the mission was going on.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited March 2015
    I would be careful about throwing that term around, firstly because it's against the forum rules and secondly because your are frankly coming off as more of one then the person you are calling one.

says the person who like the other troll butted in and started something again. maybe u should check your logic as its faulty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited March 2015
    says the person who like the other troll butted in and started something again. maybe u should check your logic as its faulty

Started something again? This is only my third comment in this thread.

Genuinely don't know what you are talking about now, so... whatevs.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    That doesn't work all the time, System still forgets boff layouts at times, and you have manually input them. Mostly I have to hit the loadout button I have named and saved then I have to hit the "Stations" tab in order for the abilities to appear on the tray. But as I said before, the system doesn't remember the boff layouts half the time, so I am usually manually inputting them.

Well, normally it shouldn't take you no 3/4 - the entire mission, just to rearrange your boffs/doffs! So, unfortunately you kind of deserved the penalty. I suggest being a bit more prompt with your changes and, expect this often.

Yes, I do agree it sucks for those who prefer not to use the load out system but, it is here and, we are stuck with it not being 100%.

Until it is fixed to a 100%, than people should become familiar with resetting everything quickly and, expect the problem to re-occur and any given moment.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• drakie79drakie79 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Have to say its happened to me too and is annoying if you happen not to notice, if you are contending with lag and so on its possible that you do fail to spot it until its too late. I suppose if bans do occur theres nothing to do except turn off the game and play something else?