test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Delta Recruits & Gumarre

phreskophresko Member Posts: 56 Arc User
From what I read Gumarre is currently a totally random drop from the R&D mission and from doff boxes. I have not seen him.

I see now you are giving him to Delta recruits who reach level 1 in any R&D school, but I want him on my main.

Will he be trade-able? We he be faction specific? My main is Fed but I wanted to make a KDF DR.

Is there a reliable way to get him on my main that I have not heard of?
(from what I understand he was a reward for maxing out R&D under the old system.)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Gumarre is cross faction though I'm not sure if he's bound on pick up or not, do believe so.
    Besides, outside of crafting the agies set below lvl 15 per school he isn't that useful.
    If you really want the set shove your mats to your recruit and let him craft it. There's plenty of purple R&D capable doffs besides him that are easier to obtain.
  • Options
    tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    According to Bort, he will not be tradable and will be bound to character. Which I think is really bad. He should be tradable.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    tk79 wrote: »
    According to Bort, he will not be tradable and will be bound to character. Which I think is really bad. He should be tradable.
    Making him tradable would result in nothing more then people making a Delta Recruit for no other reason then to get the character to Level 1 in an R&D School to get him for free - plus flooding the Exchange with them as well. And that would tick-off the people who spent a lot of money, real and/or ECs, to get one.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    This is what is bad about this system. They dangle these carrots in front of you and you end up getting stuff you value stuck on a freak'n alt!

Sure I could pass mats to the alt but then that means I have to level several R&D schools to 15, again.
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Making him tradable would result in nothing more then people making a Delta Recruit for no other reason then to get the character to Level 1 in an R&D School to get him for free - plus flooding the Exchange with them as well. And that would tick-off the people who spent a lot of money, real and/or ECs, to get one.

Make it Account bound. Besides, a totally new character getting it so easily is enough to TRIBBLE off those people without it being trade-able.
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    phresko wrote: »
    This is what is bad about this system. They dangle these carrots in front of you and you end up getting stuff you value stuck on a freak'n alt!

Sure I could pass mats to the alt but then that means I have to level several R&D schools to 15, again.

That's supposed to be Gumarre's point. He can craft aegis stuff right from the beginning and that's his only worth since outside of that purple research doffs aren't really that useful.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    That's supposed to be Gumarre's point. He can craft aegis stuff right from the beginning and that's his only worth since outside of that purple research doffs aren't really that useful.

Then why do the recipes show up at 15? They still require him even then.
  • Options
    realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So will the exchange be flooded with Aegis items now?

I worked long and hard on my main getting to 15 (took months), now spending a fair bit of time and resources on RnD assistants (48 hours per) and such trying to get him, spent on several vaadwaur boxes to get the other purple RnD Doffs for my main so he is my go-to character for crafting, and now my new alt will just have him there for free - but not tradeable, so I have to train up schools to 15 on ANOTHER character, that took me months....

I developed one character to be my crafter on purpose, based on the crafting system as it was designed at the time.

This seems fine for new sTO'ers, but for those who aren't, it seems like a way to ask us to just repeat all that we've done, including spending on the same things again.

If I am missing something or misinterpreting something here please let me know - maybe my impression is completely wrong...
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hehe... all copies of Gumarre in the game are CBoP. Yeah... he's the ONLY doff you get from academy recruitment that binds on pickup.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    put mats in account bank or mail it to yourself and make on DR.

or gamble at the R&D assistance...

or get 10 skill points for finishing 1 borg quest and repeat for 149 more times and hope they dont nerf it before you finish.
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So will the exchange be flooded with Aegis items now?...

The market is already flooded with aegis items.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,524 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This one is a little annoying. They messed up with Gunarre by making it bop and random. They should fix it by giving every alt a Gunarre once you reach 15 in R&D, or by making Aegis craftable with regular R&D doffs. Right now a Shields R&D doff is completely useless since there is no non-Aegis shield.
  • Options
    quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I got him from the old crafting system, so I guess it's a good way to unlock him on new alts?
    w8xekp.jpg
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    quintaris wrote: »
    I got him from the old crafting system, so I guess it's a good way to unlock him on new alts?

Cant get skill points anymore... they took out all methods but missed 1... 10 points daily? cooldown and random to get.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Right now a Shields R&D doff is completely useless since there is no non-Aegis shield.

Funny. I crafted several non-Aegis shields, ground and space each, today. I don't know which crafting system you are using...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,524 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bergins wrote: »
    Funny. I crafted several non-Aegis shields, ground and space each, today. I don't know which crafting system you are using...

I meant the level 15 special projects that require an R&D doff of course. For regular shields you don't need an R&D school doff. But you knew that . . . .