test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Voth shocktrooper and Jem Hadar Minigun: Your experience?

willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
I was thinking about getting one or both of these weapons. But i noticed that the Jem Hadar minigun has very low DPS (about 50% of my Vaadwaur minigun) but what sounds great is, that even the primary fire mode can hit multiple targets.

Did anyone test that in battle, see how useful it is?

And the Voth minigun: Looks cool, better damage (about the same as the Protonic-polaron minigun)
and i read that it has a third attack mode with an AoE. But also i´ve no idea how it is in Combat (and i have only seen one or two players with it yet)
Post edited by willamsheridan on

Comments

• Options
    rgzarcherrgzarcher Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I was thinking about getting one or both of these weapons. But i noticed that the Jem Hadar minigun has very low DPS (about 50% of my Vaadwaur minigun) but what sounds great is, that even the primary fire mode can hit multiple targets.

Did anyone test that in battle, see how useful it is?

And the Voth minigun: Looks cool, better damage (about the same as the Protonic-polaron minigun)
    and i read that it has a third attack mode with an AoE. But also i´ve no idea how it is in Combat (and i have only seen one or two players with it yet)

I use the Jem'Hadar mini gun, its a situational weapon but very powerful in those situations. With the right loadout it becomes a mob cleaner. You need the Berserker Trait (which comes from lock box) and its only really useful for a Tac, against large groups, and even then you need those Jem Hadar 'modular chips' you get for running the Jem hadar story missions a second time.

Against bosses its junk. Against mobs? Its a street sweaper thanks to its base fire mode hitting three targets and its secondary mode hitting five.

Combined with the new Romulan Navy Armor, its quite effective in that nitch role.

The third fire mode for the Voth minigun replaces the melee attack, its an AOE shock blast.
    "Why all the sales"?

And a merry freaking Christmas to you too, Ebenezer.
    -jonsills, 'Cryptic Why the sales..instead of Fixing XP leveling and this game?'
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    These were pretty underwhelming weapons for me, like most of the early lobi store stuff. The Vaadwaur guns and fluidic cannon are pretty decent, and the Elachi cannon pistol if you can time it right.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    These were pretty underwhelming weapons for me, like most of the early lobi store stuff. The Vaadwaur guns and fluidic cannon are pretty decent, and the Elachi cannon pistol if you can time it right.

Did you use the Jem Hadar modular chips? That's the trick with the JH Mini gun. Some of the effects are pretty nasty, the poison/bleed ones really have a punch to them.
    "Why all the sales"?

-jonsills, 'Cryptic Why the sales..instead of Fixing XP leveling and this game?'
  • Options
    imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rgzarcher wrote: »
    Did you use the Jem Hadar modular chips? That's the trick with the JH Mini gun. Some of the effects are pretty nasty, the poison/bleed ones really have a punch to them.

This does indeed make a good amount of difference with the Jem'Hadar minigun... Otherwise, it's a great weapon when facing large numbers of concentrated enemies, but it's very poor when facing single opponents...

The Voth Shocktrooper Assault Cannon was terrible IMO... Looked great on paper, but did not perform like I had hoped...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Why I use my Jem Hadar Boff on ground. The anticoagulant polaron charges are nasty. Now I want to get him a mini gun.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have not used the Voth Shocktrooper weapon but I do have the Jem'Hadar minigun since from about the LOR days.

The JH minigun is useful in that it is an "always on" cone AOE weapon. Secondary fire is a wider cone. The range isn't that far, probably on par with a bit shorter than a Full Auto Rifle. It's great in maps with lots of NPCs or you know how to always be in position to hit multiple targets.

But in a single target role, it's a bit underwhelming.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited March 2015

You got me curious about that. I just did "Second Wave" for the recipes and now the cells are in the Ground R&D tab. Hmm.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    You got me curious about that. I just did "Second Wave" for the recipes and now the cells are in the Ground R&D tab. Hmm.

They are worth using, its why I outfitted my entire ground team with Jem'Hadar ground.

It was HELL going through to get five shields, armor and 4 of the assuilt rifles, but man those modular chips are wicked. Also its a good idea to keep your Jem'Hadar boff pumped full of Ketracell White, turns him into Juggernaut.
    "Why all the sales"?

• Options
    edited March 2015
    So since i there are not soo many huge groups of enemies i should better stick with my Vaadwaur CritDx3 Minigun?

I can kill groups with the secondary (and against voth i use the Prot. Polaron, against Undine the Biomol. Disruptor) and have a useful primary fire mode for Bosses and other single targets
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I never tested the 2 lobis minigun, but in my experience, miniguns are underwhelming in this game. Whatever they do, another gun can do it much better.
    AoE ? Pulsewave. Single target ? Pretty much anything else.

Added to the fact their firing animation for the primary fire is nowhere close to what you expect from a minigun (firing in burst mode ? Really ?). And the secondary mode is bugged. If your target dies, and you switch to another one, then chances are you are not going to do any damage until the animation is over. Wasting several seconds, where you have a nice animation that doesn't do anything.

I wish they would renamed full auto rifle into burst rifle, and minigun into burst minigun, because that's what they are. Then, add real full auto rifle and minigun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    erei1 wrote: »
    I never tested the 2 lobis minigun, but in my experience, miniguns are underwhelming in this game. Whatever they do, another gun can do it much better.
    AoE ? Pulsewave. Single target ? Pretty much anything else.

Added to the fact their firing animation for the primary fire is nowhere close to what you expect from a minigun (firing in burst mode ? Really ?). And the secondary mode is bugged. If your target dies, and you switch to another one, then chances are you are not going to do any damage until the animation is over. Wasting several seconds, where you have a nice animation that doesn't do anything.

I wish they would renamed full auto rifle into burst rifle, and minigun into burst minigun, because that's what they are. Then, add real full auto rifle and minigun.

I used pulsewaves for a long time but now i switched to Miniguns, Split Beams and full autos for all my Toons and BOffs. The pulsewave does a bit more DPS but it fires slower, fewer pulses, less Crit and proc chance. I can kill a whole group of Voth with the Prot. Polaron minigun, can't do that with a pulsewave. I can attack from a good distance, can't do that with a pulsewave. If i use the primary on a pulsewave i have several Crit hits instead of just maybe one every few shots with the Pulsewave.