test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Delta Recruitment - Rewards

Comments

• bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Once we have unlocked everything can we delete the Delta Recruite?
    Bridger.png
  • nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've been excited for this event since it was announced, and these rewards make me moreso.

The only answer I need now is the gender of the photonic boff reward. Hoping for selectable.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Nice to see more devices added into the game, if a bit OP. lol

It's also nice that there's no limit to complete Delta Recruit tasks, letting players complete their Delta Recruit characters at their own leisure.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    kirimuffin wrote: »
    So if I'm reading this right, all I have to do is basically level up a single Delta recruit and get a single one of her crafting schools to 5, and then each of my characters across my entire account, current and future, gets:

- 850 rep marks
    - essentially 7 free R&D packs
    - 650 fleet marks
    - Improved Temporal Insight
    - customizable photonic boff
    - 6000 usable-for-anything dil
    - 5000 fleet-only dil
    - a ground team rez device
    - a space cooldown reduction device

All I have to say to this is, hell yeah. This kicks serious butt.

Just waiting for a confirmation / and / or a "subject to change" note ... .

... oh wait , we already got that note ...
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The event is surely nicely-thought out for new players, so I can imagine there hasn't been a better time to bring your friends, to give them a kick-start. Which is great, and for that, my kudos to the devs.

However, from the position of literally enjoying one character (well, make that two, KDF was rolled just two weeks ago), both from story-wise point, as well as investment in terms of time & efficiency - I have over 20k unprocessed reputation marks on my main. There has been huge requests for XP, and I humbly feel that is quite relevant, for all of us.

A well-established character has no problem getting more reputation marks at all in fact.

I guess I personally would feel more excited about the event, if I could just literally re-create my main and play it as part of different faction, which has always been something I wanted to do; but obviously, the species choice doesn't allow for that. <.< >.>

Not trying to be negative; again, some of these things are really nice, especially for those, who have friends who they can bring to the game or for those, who are looking to make a nice alt-for themselves, and I do know couple of altoholics who'll be thriving and all fidgety for the event to start, and I'm happy for them :D
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Question:

I noticed that the reward for Completing all storyline episodes includes a fully customizable Engineering PBOff. Any chance of making the old Science PBOff fully customizable during this event, too, please?

khan5000 wrote: »
    They haven't gone into the sever wide rewards that Delta Recruits can get...one of these is double and triple XP
    As I understand it, the XP rewards for the weekly event will be of the "if you play during this period", but if I'm busy playing my Delta Recuilt, I won't be able to play my main during the bonus period.

Now if they give away XP Boost devices I can hold on to and play later, that might be useful...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    bridgern wrote: »

Have you always wanted to play as a Bajoran ... ? :D

... admit it Bridger , admit it NOW !!! ;)
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    well looks like i will be retiring my current mains if im going to invest time and effort into this delta recruit thing im either "all in" or not at all.:rolleyes:
  • ronthefanronthefan Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Is this lore related, and if so, where do we have to go? New Romulus? The Dyson Sphere? A clear-cut answer would be appreciated.
  • thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Perhaps this will be explained in a future blog, but how are these bonus objectives going to happen? Will we be doing a mission, like rescuing the Azura, and our mysterious benefactor will contact us at some point and ask us to hack this console and then we're done?
  • jheinigjheinig Member Posts: 364 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2015
    A few questions that've come up here, to which I cannot completely answer:

1) Can Delta Recruits skip the tutorial?

I don't know, but I'd advise against it, as there is new content for them that outlines the story they are set to experience.

I can answer that one. No, you must complete the tutorial in order to play a Delta Recruit.
  • bricbat1bricbat1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    self- twinking ????? i dont think i want to know lol:eek:
  • stefanozzstefanozz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Has it been answered if they are going to give 1 free character slot for the event still?
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    chipg7 wrote: »
    Wow. WOW. WOWOW!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I'm sold :D Looking forward to it!

Also, love the customizable photonic boff!

The who-the-what now? Where was that in the blog? I may need to make some space ...
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2015
    bridgern wrote: »

I guess so, if you really want to. A lot of character-bound rewards would go to waste, then.
    nadiezja wrote: »
    The only answer I need now is the gender of the photonic boff reward. Hoping for selectable.

Afraid not, sorry. He will use male costume options.
    I noticed that the reward for Completing all storyline episodes includes a fully customizable Engineering PBOff. Any chance of making the old Science PBOff fully customizable during this event, too, please?

These two Boffs are built using completely different costume/species methods. As such, they are totally unrelated to one-another. Allowing the Photonic-Sci to become customizable would be as much of an effort on its own, as creating an entirely new Boff.
    ronthefan wrote: »
    Is this lore related, and if so, where do we have to go? New Romulus? The Dyson Sphere? A clear-cut answer would be appreciated.

There will be different locations, in different maps, spread throughout the entire leveling process from 1 to 50. There is no single central location.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    bricbat1 wrote: »
    self- twinking ????? i dont think i want to know lol:eek:

Well... Starfleet IS headquartered in San Fransisco...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    After reading the rewards, I'm giving serious thought to deep-sixing some more of my less-used characters and going for complete re-rolls. Like the ones that are level 50 and under.

Up till now, I'd only planned on having one per faction. Now, I might just double up if I have the slots for it.

I can only actively play one at at time, of course. The others I'll just shepherd through the tutorial and save for future runs.

There's the added bonus of getting to reuse some of those old C-Store ships on my account.

Curse you, Cryptic, for aggravating my alt-itis!!! ;)
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    ... admit it Bridger , admit it NOW !!! ;)

No never!!
    Bridger.png
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    kirimuffin wrote: »
    So if I'm reading this right, all I have to do is basically level up a single Delta recruit and get a single one of her crafting schools to 5, and then each of my characters across my entire account, current and future, gets:

- 850 rep marks
    - essentially 7 free R&D packs
    - 650 fleet marks
    - Improved Temporal Insight
    - customizable photonic boff
    - 6000 usable-for-anything dil
    - 5000 fleet-only dil
    - a ground team rez device
    - a space cooldown reduction device

All I have to say to this is, hell yeah. This kicks serious butt.

Where do you see that? All I see for getting the crafting school to level 5 is auto setting one to 10 for the recruit (along with Gumarre and 5 other DOffs from rank 1) and equivalent of 5 R&D packs (plus 2 from the rank 1) for all characters.
  • nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Afraid not, sorry. He will use male costume options.

Might I ask why? Locking it male is... well, deeply disappointing. Especially since the BOff is a hologram.

How long has it been since a special BOff has been female? I don't recall any from DR.
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Simply stated: Bravo
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Might I ask why? Locking it male is... well, deeply disappointing. Especially since the BOff is a hologram.

How long has it been since a special BOff has been female? I don't recall any from DR.

The dead girl was a female... I mean, I didn't check or anything but she looks like a she. Can never be to sure with aliens though.
  • captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This might be a stupid question, but can the delta recruit claim the account wide rewards?
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yep. Looking like I'll make at least 3 Delta Recuits.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm surprised this hasn't been said yet, so I'll say it now.

Each of the factions have missions that are not already shared between them. We know that we won't be able to unlock the account rewards more than once, which means we do not need multiple recruits. However, because of these unique missions, we don't know if there will be things that we might miss if we don't play as a recruit for one of the other two factions.

Bort, can you find out if there's new faction specific dialog vital to the upcoming story?

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited March 2015

All the customizable Borg boffs, with the exception of Reman, and that's only for Romulans, are female (to my disappointment) ... so there's that. <.<
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This might be a stupid question, but can the delta recruit claim the account wide rewards?

Delta Recruit is still a character, so it should be able to claim any account reward that is unlocked.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • gravtronf2pgravtronf2p Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Is there a massive advertising effort on this to attract new players? If not then this just looks like another attempt to generate sales, new character slots.
  • jasonl21jasonl21 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well it's better than I was hoping, but I'm still concerned that it's not enough and a bit underwhelming. We'll see once it is up and running though.
  • trejgontrejgon Member Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    well when I heard "fully customisable photonic officer" I hoped for the one that actually can be female for change....

I mean - all photonic boffs are male now....

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Elenortirie_xSmall.png