test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Delta Recruitment - Rewards

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Delta Recruitment is just around the corner! Learn about everything you'll earn with your Delta Recruit, including Account-Wide Rewards!

Check them out here!

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Epic win :D
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Finally! Yay!
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • captainmd10captainmd10 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Question regarding the rewards gained by joining a fleet:

Can you join a fleet before reaching level 30 and get the rewards upon reaching level 30, or do you have to wait until you've reached level 30 to join a fleet to get the rewards?

EDIT: Other than that question, I'm sold on making a Delta Toon for these rewards.
  • commodoreobviouscommodoreobvious Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Q: What happens if I create a Delta Recruit, but do not complete all of the listed Tasks?

A: Once a Delta Recruit completes their special Tutorial and receives their “Tesseract Communications Device” they will be free to complete the assigned tasks at any point in the future. Although Delta Recruit characters can only be created while the event is running, there is no time limit on the completion of the tasks, or their associated rewards.

So we can still earn the rewards after the event ends? Even more sold.
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Looks good. A new Talaxian will be born and become my official crafter (with the Gumarre doff that I couldn't acquire on my main. Sigh.).

EDIT:
    All equipment contained in these packs is Bound-to-Character...

Any chance of making the above Bound-to-Account?
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Any new playable species during the event?

I'd figure that tossing out one of these might create an incentive to re-roll.

Me, personally, I'm leaning towards a Talaxian as a lifer.

But I'd figure tossing something new out there might ease the pain of re-rolls. There are a few species that are probably at a point where they could get this treatment, like the Xindi.
  • ravenofborgravenofborg Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have two comments:

1: My main doesn't need any more reputation marks.

2: Are there Delta Recruit-specific accolades, and, if so, can they be achieved by teaming with a recruit (for my main)?

Otherwise, looking forward to this.
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Still going to have to look at it more closely when I get off work...but IF the rewards stay as listed of increase further, this is more substantial than I was expecting, particularly on the account-wide.

I am still watching for things to be delivered at the promised levels and without ANY technical or other problems that would prohibit claiming them--and also NO retroactive nerfs as occurred shortly after Delta Rising dropped. Only then will I be willing to call this event a success.

But I see at least some guarded promise. As long as it is not DOA out of the gate with technical or other issues, and rewards are not slashed, I will consider re-rolling one of my toons as a Delta Recruit.

Just one question that is already apparent: is the Aegis DOFF going to be account-bound or character-bound?

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Oh god, those rewards. :D Now I HAVE to create a FED, ROM, and KDF Delta Recruit.

Damn you Cryptic for enabling me to be a Altoholic. :P
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Wow. WOW. WOWOW!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I'm sold :D Looking forward to it!

Also, love the customizable photonic boff!
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2015
    Can you join a fleet before reaching level 30 and get the rewards upon reaching level 30, or do you have to wait until you've reached level 30 to join a fleet to get the rewards?

Think of it as a single mission with two objectives:
    1) Join a Fleet
    2) Be Level 30

Once both are met, the mission is complete, regardless of the order in which they are done.

So we can still earn the rewards after the event ends?

Clarification: Claim. Not Earn.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Looks great. Also, love love love the new propaganda poster art we've been seeing.
    Greenbird
  • spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Great Scott. Had I known this was coming down the pike, I would've held off on making my Fed Engie. You could make a whole new main character out of this.
    tumblr_n1hmq4Xl7S1rzu2xzo2_400.gif
    edited March 2015
    One more thing:

With the "temporal" nature of many of these rewards:

Any chance for a revival of the Temporal Lockbox and/or special bonuses for the consoles when outfitted on a timeship?

I'd think in particular that Temporal Negotiator and/or Temporal Insight improving the Manheim device to not pass on so much damage (or any damage) would be very welcome for timeship captains.
  • illustriousqillustriousq Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I wonder if the Photonic Engineering Bridge Officer will be used as an excuse to update the Photonic Science Bridge Officer and that make that one fully customizable.

Other than that, this looks sweet.

The Delta Vanguard tech upgrades alone make this well worth it (and make me very seriously considering purging my alt list and filling it up with almost nothing but Delta Recruits).
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Hey question: How much Dilithium is "Only"?

Some of the rewards don't list a number, they just say "Only Dilithium".
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Temporal Negotiator - Making it a device, priceless.

Paradox Corrector - Lol, 10 minute cooldown, really?

Improved Temporal Insight - Awesome, now I just hold off on using HE until someone tries their alpha strike. Combine with the shield trait and a shield heal to say :-P to your aggressor.
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Clarification: Claim. Not Earn.

That's not what the blog says. :(
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    alt here I come
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Great Scott. Had I known this was coming down the pike, I would've held off on making my Fed Engie. You could make a whole new main character out of this.

I thought where you were going, you didn't need pikes, Doc. Anyhow, it came off the kirk spire, so you should have known. And if I could fit in anymore allusions and double entendres, I'd be Q.
    Greenbird
    edited March 2015
    1: My main doesn't need any more reputation marks.

Trade them in for Dilithium Ore.
    2: Are there Delta Recruit-specific accolades, and, if so, can they be achieved by teaming with a recruit (for my main)?

There are two new Titles that can only be earned by Recruits, and are not account-wide. Other than that, I don't believe any new Accolades were added.
    gulberat wrote: »
    is the Aegis DOFF going to be account-bound or character-bound?

All rewards granted to the Delta Recruit will be Bind-on-Acquire, including this Duty Officer.
    Any chance for a revival of the Temporal Lockbox and/or special bonuses for the consoles when outfitted on a timeship?

This is not a Lock Box promo/event. We have no cross-feature mechanics planned at this time.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
    edited March 2015
    I appreciate the answers, Jeremy. Can always count on you for a straight answer to a question and I appreciate the hard work.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Question regarding the rewards gained by joining a fleet:

EDIT: Other than that question, I'm sold on making a Delta Toon for these rewards.
    I suspect you will need to get to level 30 to qualify, but whether you can mechanically not join before that? Good question. The level limit seems to be in place to avoid people creating [as many characters as the account allows] and cash in big. You can still do it, but you need to make those 30 levels, which is time in which you maybe could have earned the Dilithium on a main...
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    All rewards granted to the Delta Recruit will be Bind-on-Acquire, including this Duty Officer.

I think my wording was a bit clumsy here. What I was trying to get at was, will the DOFF bind to my Delta Recruit character only, or will he be account-bound to where I could move him to my main crafting toon?

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well was hoping Spec points would be moved back to start at 10 and make those account wide, but this isn't bad either. Certainly more entertaining than the usual grind.
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Cool.. i see light at the end of a dark tunnel.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
    edited March 2015
    illcadia wrote: »
    Some of the rewards don't list a number, they just say "Only Dilithium".

Looks like a formatting error.

That should be read as:
    "10,000 Reputation-Only Dilithium"
    or
    "50,000 Fleet-Only Dilithium"

qjunior wrote: »
    That's not what the blog says. :(

Yeah, it is. Unlock the rewards as your Delta Recruit which you can claim on any other character, even ones made after the event.

I'm afraid I'm having a hard time seeing how that's unclear.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    This is not a Lock Box promo/event. We have no cross-feature mechanics planned at this time.

Well, someone insisted you guys were working on a temporal specialization a while ago. Hope you guys are actually working on some science specialization to be released at some point, because he could have been referring to this.
  • illustriousqillustriousq Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Looks like a formatting error.

That should be read as:
    "10,000 Reputation-Only Dilithium"
    or
    "50,000 Fleet-Only Dilithium"

Yeah, it is. Unlock the rewards as your Delta Recruit which you can claim on any other character, even ones made after the event.

I'm afraid I'm having a hard time seeing how that's unclear.

This bit Bort:
    Q: What happens if I create a Delta Recruit, but do not complete all of the listed Tasks?

A: Once a Delta Recruit completes their special Tutorial and receives their “Tesseract Communications Device” they will be free to complete the assigned tasks at any point in the future. Although Delta Recruit characters can only be created while the event is running, there is no time limit on the completion of the tasks, or their associated rewards.
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    With the Delta Recruit are we required to play through the tutorial or can we skip it?
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.