test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Does Crtd tac console effect exotic damage?

prediwave1prediwave1 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
Does Crtd tac console effect exotic damage?
Grave well?
Grav torpedos?
Plasma burn procs?
TBR?

Does CrtH console improve exotic?

Non tac consoles like Borg uni and Lobi uni?
Post edited by prediwave1 on

Comments

• Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    In order to understand the correct situation in which to use the word affect or effect, the first thing one must do is have a clear understanding of what each word means.

Affect is a verb. It means to produce a change in or influence something.

Effect is a noun that can also be used as a verb. It means a change that occurred. When an "s" is added, "effects" means personal belongings.
  • Options
    andyy22andyy22 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Corrected, see below.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    In order to understand the correct situation in which to use the word affect or effect, the first thing one must do is have a clear understanding of what each word means.

Effect is a noun that can also be used as a verb. It means a change that occurred. When an "s" is added, "effects" means personal belongings.

Thanks for the grammar lesson TRIBBLE... What is it about prigs like you?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    andyy22 wrote: »
    yes, but only with "Particle Manipulator" trait active, otherwise exotic abilities can't crit.

yes, but only with "Particle Manipulator" trait active, otherwise exotic abilities will not use your global critH chance.

Thanks, I didn't know particle manipulator was so key...
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    andyy22 wrote: »
    yes, but only with "Particle Manipulator" trait active, otherwise exotic abilities can't crit.

Ehm even without particle manipulator exotic damage abilities can crit, just not as often.
    And if you have 25% base CrtH plus 300partgen, you get 95-100% Critchance for exotic abilities (due to numeric problems its not necessarily 100%).
  • Options
    humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    woodwhity wrote: »
    Ehm even without particle manipulator exotic damage abilities can crit, just not as often.
    And if you have 25% base CrtH plus 300partgen, you get 95-100% Critchance for exotic abilities (due to numeric problems its not necessarily 100%).

Agreed. Before I had the particle manipulator trait I noticed that the isokinetic cannon would occasionally crit. I can't comment on the maths, but I hope the above is correct.
  • Options
    andyy22andyy22 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    woodwhity wrote: »

You might be right, i need to retest this.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    prediwave1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the grammar lesson TRIBBLE... What is it about prigs like you?

misspelling is one thing, using a word with a different meaning is another matter.

no need to get upset about something you really should know...
  • Options
    dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    misspelling is one thing, using a word with a different meaning is another matter.

no need to get upset about something you really should know...

The funny thing about people like you is that you have no idea why no one likes you. You chalk it up to jealousy....
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    dpsloss88 wrote: »
    The funny thing about people like you is that you have no idea why no one likes you. You chalk it up to jealousy....

are you seriously playing "no one likes you!" then take away your toys and pout in the corner?

awwww, that's sad
  • Options
    blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Words are used to communicate an Idea or thought and it was.

No need to be for such a shameful post it's rather rude.
    download.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    let's do a little grammar or proper use wording for example...

1. Oh! Boy Syrup! vs Oh Boy! Syrup!
    2. I love her period vs I love her, period
    3. Let's eat grandpa vs let's eat, grandpa
    4. The average North American consumes more than 400 Africans.

making those kind of mistakes, kinda makes you look... I dunno... foolish?

See, there's spelling errors... and lazy grammar, then there's the errors that totally change the meaning of the word.

I'm going to keep pointing out those errors.
  • Options
    psych2lpsych2l Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    While I have a healthy respect for the oxford comma, your grammar post served to derail the OPs question and didn't even attempt to answer it even though you were the first response. Try to show some more tact when attempting to educate your peers.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    psych2l wrote: »
    While I have a healthy respect for the oxford comma, your grammar post served to derail the OPs question and didn't even attempt to answer it even though you were the first response. Try to show some more tact when attempting to educate your peers.

I'll answer the question then

No, crtd tac consoles cannot effect exotic damage as they are tactical consoles that cannot generate exotic damage.

Can they affect exotic damage? no. Consoles increasing the exotic skill points do, however, add a crit chance on exotic damage. This can be achieved by a trait, science level 15 for R&D (if I'm right on that trait).

There, answered

----

I'm well aware that the OP wanted an increase in severity. I've offered him a great way to increase chance, and with a 400 par-gen skill, he'd get 100 percent chance to crit.
  • Options
    jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015

No, crtd tac consoles cannot effect exotic damage as they are tactical consoles that cannot generate exotic damage.

Can they affect exotic damage? no. Consoles increasing the exotic skill points do, however, add a crit chance on exotic damage. This can be achieved by a trait, science level 15 for R&D (if I'm right on that trait).

So just to clarify (since I honestly don't know) - does the global crth/crtd granted by these consoles affect exotic damage?
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    And now I know what cheese Vex uses on me with his BO3+Iso cannon death combo. Forgot particle manipulator buffed that one.
  • Options
    birzarkbirzark Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I think the point is being missed, Particle Manipulator with 400 partg gets you 100% chance to crit. What controls the crit damage, like do vulnerability exploiters add to the critical damage of exotic abilities? Also furthermore if you have 90% critical Hit from particle manipulator trait and 10%c critical hit chance do they stack?
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So just to clarify (since I honestly don't know) - does the global crth/crtd granted by these consoles affect exotic damage?

Yes. If making an exotic damage build with the PM trait, PM can take care of all of your CrtH needs so going CrtD is the way to go. It's one of the few examples to take an exploiter over a locator.
  • Options
    dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited April 2015

There, answered

----

I'm well aware that the OP wanted an increase in severity. I've offered him a great way to increase chance, and with a 400 par-gen skill, he'd get 100 percent chance to crit.

A Douche cannot not be a Douche. It is his nature.