test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

incoming nerf, changes, buff etc

sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
could we have please a list of all the incoming nerf, changes, buff etc for the weapons, energy, science skills etc

i'm tired to spend resources and time, for the creation of different builds; and each time they are changed.

i'm interested by a bio-molecular build, but i'm afraid to see a new nerf/buff:etc, coming soon for disruptor or phaser.
Post edited by sennahcherib on

Comments

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There is no such list.

If Cryptic knew beforehand what stuff to nerf or buff to balance it better, they probably would have it released corrected already.

You'll have to keep being up to date, but as a general advice. If something looks too good to be true, it will likely be nerfed at some point.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Whatever the pvpers complain about pretty much nerf wise.
  • Options
    theredcomettheredcomet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    zathri83 wrote: »

Why pay for beta testers when you can take the most neglected portion of the player base and have test it for free.
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If something looks too good to be true, it will likely be nerfed at some point.

this is exactly what I thought. so, I'll wait before considering other disruptor or phaser builds.
    There is no such list.

yes, and in a way, it's a shame. we, the customers are like investors in this game; i would like to have a kind of investment plan :P
  • Options
    fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    While I'd love if everything came with an expiration date, I accept planned obsolescence as a given in any actively developed game. I just don't spend any money, that helps me be okay when things get nerfed.
  • Options
    praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited March 2015

You mean like EPtE or Tachyon Beam on Spheres that PvE heroes cried about?

Or Tachyon Beam/Charged Particle Burst/Tyken's Rift/Transphasic torps/Torp spread/FAW/Beam Overload, etc...

... Oh wait. Those were things PvP got buffed :rolleyes:
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Simple way to tell what will get nerfed. If it's OPed to the players advangtage, it will get nerfed, after a bit of money is made off it.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2015

^^ This. So very this!

Also, it's very simple:

Whatever needs to be sold, will be made OP;
    Whatever needs to make way for the next shiny, will be nerfed.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    ^^ This. So very this!

Also, it's very simple:

Whatever needs to be sold, will be made OP;
    Whatever needs to make way for the next shiny, will be nerfed.

Nailed it.
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    praxi5 wrote: »
    You mean like EPtE or Tachyon Beam on Spheres that PvE heroes cried about?

Big difference. Those were things that were clearly far more powerful than intended and were making life a heck of a lot harder for the newbies, potentially even turning them off the game.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited March 2015

What pvpers? The only pvp left in this game is forum pvp and even that's starting to die out. I find it funny when people laugh that pvpers can't adapt to the current meta, they have adapted, they left to play better games.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Big difference. Those were things that were clearly far more powerful than intended and were making life a heck of a lot harder for the newbies, potentially even turning them off the game.

You mean like strings of 60k+ hits with Surgical Strikes? ;)

And, as the Devs directly said time and time again, they do their own testing and determine nerfs; we suggest things, they test it, they come to their own conclusions. Sometimes, that doesn't work; we've been saying for months and months how bugged Viral Torp and Ionic Turbulence were, but we were told (by Bort) that they were working as intended. Then someone mentions it to Geko in a podcast, he gets surprised by what's happening and says that is not supposed to be how it is at all, and then it gets fixed.

Now, regarding Bio-Mols the OP was talking about, they may get nerfed in the future? They work fine with Spread, but they seem to (I have not done any testing of my own on this) get a HUGE boost with HY compared to other (similar) torps.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Big difference. Those were things that were clearly far more powerful than intended...

edit: Friendlier version: Tends to be things that are clearly far more powerful than intended...but folks don't care...they want that kind of stuff.
  • Options
    embracedsinembracedsin Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    edit: Friendlier version: Tends to be things that are clearly far more powerful than intended...but folks don't care...they want that kind of stuff.

Power is the only thing that matters in a p2w game.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Power Creep sells.

That's why you'll see things released that are blatantly OP, and then after the initial sales rush/surge has died down, it's all "omg wat we didn't know it could be that powerful/do that! sry!"
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Eh, ya play something like SWTOR, most of their item-shop stuff is cosmetic. Yeah you have to subscribe if you want to be a serious PVPer or dedicated raider, but even then there's no P2W options. It CAN be done, Cryptic/PWE just chooses not to.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Eh, ya play something like SWTOR, most of their item-shop stuff is cosmetic. Yeah you have to subscribe if you want to be a serious PVPer or dedicated raider, but even then there's no P2W options. It CAN be done, Cryptic/PWE just chooses not to.

Aye, Cryptic made a game where you don't need to buy a thing to do all the content...cause you can do it in a T5 9 console boat with mission rewards/mission loot drops. All the upgrades do...allow one to run the content faster. It's kind of like every little thing's a little bit of Finish Now to speed stuff up. And folks throw money at them to run that treadmill to nowhere faster and faster...wheeee.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    praxi5 wrote: »
    Power Creep sells.

That's why you'll see things released that are blatantly OP, and then after the initial sales rush/surge has died down, it's all "omg wat we didn't know it could be that powerful/do that! sry!"

Not exactly honest business practices, in my book. :(
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's kind of like every little thing's a little bit of Finish Now to speed stuff up. And folks throw money at them to run that treadmill to nowhere faster and faster...wheeee.

Sheesh I hadn't thought of it that way. Now I'm gonna be even MORE crabby and cynical (and I was a cheerful person once).

Lamest thing is that it just pushes so much of the game into a competition using FOTM stuff. Used to be one of my favorite things was helping the genuinely-new cross that line from 'dying in Normal' to 'able to survive and not be dead weight in old-Elite,' but still keeping it their ship their style, and do it without breaking the bank. These days it seems like just about everything is a variation on the same 3-4 builds, and if its not gear ABC for DPS XYZ, its Wrong.

I miss the days when a serious badass put out a 7k run, and the question was whether or not the team won period, not 'it took you too long.' But I'm sure Cryptic loves the social pressure all this stuff has created. Sheesh.
  • Options
    embracedsinembracedsin Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2015

:D Playing Tor is not a bad ideea. Still need to finish some storys.

That aside, there are a few games that have done cosmetics only in a honest way: Tribes Ascent, Dota2, Path of exile, League of Legends, Smite.

As for pwe since i played some of their other games i can't say anything good about them.