test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Intentional failure in Infected: The Conduit(A)

p4hajujup4hajuju Member Posts: 214 Arc User
It seems more and more when I go to public queues there's someone that intentionally goes to the other side to blow up a nanite or two so failure will be guaranteed.
It's not that they run to the other side because they think/have the pewpewpew, meaning faw with embassy consoles, but just to kill the run.

Why are you doing that?
Galavant!
"Use Temporal Skills to NERF EVERYTHING before it happened!" -Unknown source.
Post edited by p4hajuju on

Comments

• Options
    nickdeamrco019nickdeamrco019 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Because they are Morons .. ?
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Probably trolls who get their kicks from TRIBBLE with other people, just make yourself a cup of tea and try again later...
  • Options
    baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Or you could run pre-mades instead of trying to PUG LYFE it all the time.

Seriously, this is a Cryptic game, PUGs are garbage.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    p4hajuju wrote: »
    Why are you doing that?

They are doing it to support their brethren that want a return to being able to leech. Folks will get ticked off about the fail condition, ask for it to be removed, and then folks can go back to leeching.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    They are doing it to support their brethren that want a return to being able to leech. Folks will get ticked off about the fail condition, ask for it to be removed, and then folks can go back to leeching.

Well, I have had that similar theory crafting myself, along with some being people to try and, drive other's into using premade channels more often also.

But, all of this is just theory from myself!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It seems more and more when I go to public queues there's someone that intentionally goes to the other side to blow up a nanite or two so failure will be guaranteed.
    It's not that they run to the other side because they think/have the pewpewpew, meaning faw with embassy consoles, but just to kill the run.

Why are you doing that?

Sadly I think you're giving them far too much credit by saying it's intentional. They're just idiots, the ones most likely whining about how "hard" advanced STFs are.

I've seen this happen plenty of times and is the reason for the the vast majority of fails I've experienced. Some people simply haven't a clue.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    p4hajujup4hajuju Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    orondis wrote: »
    Sadly I think you're giving them far too much credit by saying it's intentional. They're just idiots, the ones most likely whining about how "hard" advanced STFs are.

I've seen this happen plenty of times and is the reason for the the vast majority of fails I've experienced. Some people simply haven't a clue.

Many times yes, but this time that rommie with a command ship went first to left side. The other 4 of us went there killed Cube and Transformer and started to kill the Spheres and while that he went to right side, killed the 2 Nanites and came back. Those 2 furthest of the Gate.
    When I noticed that I just went to the other side and shot at the Transformer because it was a fail already. There were a few Nanite Spheres going around the Transformer so 3 minutes in on the timer it failed.
    Should have we just went there and shot the Nanite Spheres, maybe, but the AOE style of play we are forced to use in this game would have resulted to a fail sooner than later.
    Galavant!
    "Use Temporal Skills to NERF EVERYTHING before it happened!" -Unknown source.
  • Options
    ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Many times yes, but this time that rommie with a command ship went first to left side. The other 4 of us went there killed Cube and Transformer and started to kill the Spheres and while that he went to right side, killed the 2 Nanites and came back. Those 2 furthest of the Gate.
    When I noticed that I just went to the other side and shot at the Transformer because it was a fail already. There were a few Nanite Spheres going around the Transformer so 3 minutes in on the timer it failed.
    Should have we just went there and shot the Nanite Spheres, maybe, but the AOE style of play we are forced to use in this game would have resulted to a fail sooner than later.

I ran into this behavior once. As soon as the first transformer was destroyed, one player went to the other side during the chaos of engaging all the spheres. It wasn't until the 4 players working as a team almost had the spheres on the left side destroyed that another set came out from the gatweway, the lone player on the other side was FAWing the cube at the same level as the generators, taking out the generators, that the 4 of us team players realized what had happened.
    I called out the player in team chat, stating who was going to make it fail. The player replied with misguided thinking that everyone else was too slow. The troubling thing was his DPS wasn't that low, at around 9k. Obviously the player either had been playing with a bunch of really high DPS players, like 40k folks, had seen too many videos showing things only high DPS players can do reliably, or had no clue how to work as a team or maybe even spell it.
    Had the player acheived 10k DPS, I might have checked to see if the player was in the 10k DPS channel and requested someone re-look into the players eligibility.