test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Dark Legacies Series

zionus0zionus0 Member Posts: 395 Arc User
Hello,
This thread is to post Information about the current state of my Federation / Romulan Republic foundry series; and missions.
I am looking for opinions on if I should finish the last two missions based on what I have already done. This will be a five part story; I already have a good idea about where I am going with the last two missions but just need to plan them out better before I start putting them into the foundry.

I have done my best to ensure a balance of combat and dialogue. Originally my inspiration for this was a random thought I had one night: "Why is it that player characters are able to accomplish so much ore than anyone else?" Aside from being the protagonist of the story of course. I took this and ran with it and am happy with what I've done so far.

Please note: These are all currently in the review tab.
Mission 1
A Past Forgotten: An ancient terror waits in the darkness of space, long ago passing into legends and myth... Now when your allies call for aid, you will discover that darkest of secrets, are not meant to be lost. From the shadows a new; yet familiar foe has set their schemes into motion; searching for a power they believe would make them invincible. This is a threat none had foreseen; but if you can't see past the web too the truth, something far worse than any war looms over the horizon.
Author: Gromio
Level: 50+
ID: ST-HHFMTI48V
Faction: Starfleet or Romulan Republic
Estimated length (Revised by average test time): About 1 hour

Mission 2
Shattering Ones Mirror: The Mirror Universe- A place where the greatest of heroes are turned to the worst villains. The powers of the Alpha Quadrant have confirmed that the Terran Empire is crushing their Romulan neighbors. If they succeed, they will have no distraction from taking their full forces into battle against the Prime universe. Everything is on the line now... The question is: Will you answer the call? Will you be able to hold the line? Or will you be left to the ashes of history?
Level: 50+
ID: ST-HCA80SL5R
Estimated Length: 60 minutes

Mission 3 (Published- March 27, 2015)
Times Favour Turns: A reunifacatiomist colony has been stricken with a plague. Responding to their plea for help, you uncover a deeper and more sinister plot has been covered up. A plot that means to undermine everything you have fought for.
Level: 51+
ID: ST-HUYA49NJQ
Estiated Time: 45-60 minutes

I am seeking reviews and thoughts on how i might improve.. Thank you.
Why do I still play and put money into STO?
The Foundry, and my love of Star Trek
Post edited by zionus0 on

Comments

• thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I am seeking reviews and thoughts on how i might improve.. Thank you.

Only because you asked, I will say this: everybody has their own preferences, and I'm not saying mine are better than anyone else's, but I would prefer two 30 minute missions to one 60 minute mission. Sure I could always play half, log off, then play the second half later, but I hate jumping through previous maps to get back to where I left off. So yeah, I definitely prefer long missions be split into shorter ones.

PS: In fact, when I search for missions I usually set 1 hour as the max limit on my search, so if you have an 80 minute mission I won't even see it because I just don't want to play a single mission that long.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • zionus0zionus0 Member Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thanks for reminiding me that i didn't mention these are ain the review tab.
    Why do I still play and put money into STO?
    The Foundry, and my love of Star Trek