test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So, why does the new Featured Episode suck?

Comments

• hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hey, giving our boffs orders on the freighter was pretty cool at least...

...Right? :(
  • gaynomolygaynomoly Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    How could you roll out something so badly bugged. I attempted, as I am sure many others have to play this numerous times. I have counted 3 game ending bugs and 6 glitches.

Might I suggest you GIVE, yes GIVE everyone the reward for your blatant TRIBBLE up. We are all pissed we wasted so much time.

To do this would be GOOD customer service. To waste people time is BAD customer service.
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Expectedly enough, i died inside that room with the energy beams and gas spouts... And repoped outside of the Sphere with no possibility to resume the mission... except dropping it and starting all over again.

BRAVO CRYPTIC !

Will we one day be able to enjoy new content without having to be hindered by such imbecilistic glitches? Did you ever test that new episode before releasing it?

Thank you for wasting 1 hour of my time.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ashstorm1 wrote: »
    Expectedly enough, i died inside that room with the energy beams and gas spouts... And repoped outside of the Sphere with no possibility to resume the mission... except dropping it and starting all over again.

BRAVO CRYPTIC !

Will we one day be able to enjoy new content without having to be hindered by such imbecilistic glitches? Did you ever test that new episode before releasing it?

Thank you for wasting 1 hour of my time.
    just beam up and fly to Nopada, I had to do it too.

Actually I didn't encounter any bugs severe enough to require dropping the mission. Although I had to beam out twice and resume.
    hypl wrote: »
    Hey, giving our boffs orders on the freighter was pretty cool at least...

...Right? :(
    It's not the first time, but it was pretty cool.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • mckurland91mckurland91 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    tucana66 wrote: »
    Let's be specific:

Mission: Uneasy Allies

Chapter: Destination Unknown

ISSUE:
    When your toon dies, the respawn point is behind a closed Iconian door.
    - Jumping off the ledge to respawn elsewhere is futile; same respawn point.
    - Beaming back to your ship does NOT allow the mission to be resumed.

ANOTHER ISSUE:
    When successfully completing the collimator consoles, the toon can progress to the ledge. After interacting with Taris, "Talk to Sela" is NOT possible, as Sela is not present on the ledge area.

Cryptic: Please fix. And allow those who can't finish the mission to resume it, NOT start the entire mission over again!

(Btw, in-game Chat is saying: Fly to Nopada System in Psi Velorum sector to find/get back into the mission...)

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one." The many demand that you get this damn bug exterminated!!!!
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Actually I didn't encounter any bugs severe enough to require dropping the mission. Although I had to beam out twice and resume.

It's not the first time, but it was pretty cool.

Thanks for the info.

Still, in a Perfect World (no pun intended), you shouldn't even have to beam out and back in.
  • chiselheadchiselhead Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The failures in this patch are all to typical of Cryptic, and it is as usual disappointing to say the least, and its really to bad because I think the episode might actually be good if it wasn't for the server instability, the episode not working even close to correctly, and I can only imagine it was Sela that pushed Taris off the ledge but I'm just guessing there. Now I don't know, but this is the kind of quality I have learned to expect from a company that operates on deadlines and pushes a product out long before its ready, so to whoever is running this joint, stop pushing TRIBBLE out the door, slow down get a checklist or something to ensure some friggin quality, and start fixxin things that are broken, like the server itself
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ashstorm1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info.

Still, in a Perfect World (no pun intended), you shouldn't even have to beam out and back in.

Or don't and wait till they'll fix it ... because you're going to miss some of the Story otherwise ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
    edited March 2015
    Or don't and wait till they'll fix it ... because you're going to miss some of the Story otherwise ...
    I can replay it for that. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • yodha777yodha777 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    how to complete the collimators, i always die from the bottom sprout from plasma damage it doesnt seem to be broken i try jum rolling and all...:( could somebody post a walkthrough or i got bugged room?
  • yodha777yodha777 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    when u get into collimeters go center and to the right to deactivate one colli the other just go back to the direction of ur team the floor plasma sprout is disable from there go to the door and get that tarish, after the scene when the iconian see u beam back to ur ship for escape...ty xox
    stuart1965 wrote: »
    I had no problem with it and completed it twice. The game disconnected though when i went to do azura rescue.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Buggy as hell and when I beamed out, flew to Nopada, and resumed, apparently I skipped some stuff in doing so. Irritating.

The betrayal....these are getting so predictable. Seems like every time we do a mission where we get a friendly NPC that isn't voiced by someone from the shows, that NPC will shoot at us at some point. Zelle, Slamek, Cooper, and now here. If they wanted to blow our minds, have someone NOT be a traitor.

But most significantly, the illogic of the finale. Taris probably knows more about the Iconians than anyone not a slave race and she isnt exactly undyingly loyal to them. Sela, for all her supervillian-esque nastiness is quite the pragmatist. Yet killing Taris was a waste of a valuable potential resource. Maybe I missed something from the part of the mission that bugged out, because otherwise it makes Sela look impulsive and short-sighted, and we know she's definitely not either of those. It was a poor choice inconsistent with the character.
    edited March 2015
    Buggy as hell and when I beamed out, flew to Nopada, and resumed, apparently I skipped some stuff in doing so. Irritating.

The betrayal....these are getting so predictable. Seems like every time we do a mission where we get a friendly NPC that isn't voiced by someone from the shows, that NPC will shoot at us at some point. Zelle, Slamek, Cooper, and now here. If they wanted to blow our minds, have someone NOT be a traitor.

But most significantly, the illogic of the finale. Taris probably knows more about the Iconians than anyone not a slave race and she isnt exactly undyingly loyal to them. Sela, for all her supervillian-esque nastiness is quite the pragmatist. Yet killing Taris was a waste of a valuable potential resource. Maybe I missed something from the part of the mission that bugged out, because otherwise it makes Sela look impulsive and short-sighted, and we know she's definitely not either of those. It was a poor choice inconsistent with the character.
    Actually.... I think it's Sela's biggest weakness. She gets aggravated sometimes. Kinda like that dumb plan to attack Vulcan...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • gbw2318gbw2318 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I echo the bug complaints.

Also, I'm not sure Taris is dead. For one thing, you get the impression that Taris got beamed out of that high detention facility by the Iconians when you went to release the Founder during the Cardassian arc. Why would they go to that much trouble to monitor that facility and wait for the right moment for its security to go nuts to rescue her? There's more to Taris than meets the eye.

Second, Taris goes over the ledge. Not long after, Iconian ship comes up all dramatic like from below that same ledge. Did the Iconians just save Taris again when they saw her falling, then go check out the ledge to see what happened? A possibility, meaning that Taris may return yet again and reveal just why she's so important to the Iconians. She mentioned that she wants to change history, and Sela claimed the Iconians can't do it themselves... though she seems to have an awful lot of information for someone who was a 'prisoner'. Perhaps Taris will be used to try and change the timeline?
    edited March 2015
    gbw2318 wrote: »

Also, I'm not sure Taris is dead. For one thing, you get the impression that Taris got beamed out of that high detention facility by the Iconians when you went to release the Founder during the Cardassian arc. Why would they go to that much trouble to monitor that facility and wait for the right moment for its security to go nuts to rescue her? There's more to Taris than meets the eye.

Second, Taris goes over the ledge. Not long after, Iconian ship comes up all dramatic like from below that same ledge. Did the Iconians just save Taris again when they saw her falling, then go check out the ledge to see what happened? A possibility, meaning that Taris may return yet again and reveal just why she's so important to the Iconians. She mentioned that she wants to change history, and Sela claimed the Iconians can't do it themselves... though she seems to have an awful lot of information for someone who was a 'prisoner'. Perhaps Taris will be used to try and change the timeline?
    Yeah, Sela said that the Iconians can't travel through time themselves.... but not that they can't send others to do it for them. I believe the quote was "it destroys their minds".
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well if you ignore the Bugs it's kind of meh ... every map I've seen within this Episode was recycled ...
    Recycled well, though. I love the lighting in the Hobus underground base, for example.
    The Herald sphere wasn't recycled, btw. Sure, it used the same assets as the other Dyson Spheres but that is not at all different from all Fed vessels having the same assets in their interiors.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Gee, you might be right! I didn't think about that! Nor the part that the Iconians once broke her out of prison, there is indeed more to Taris than meets the eye. She could be indoctrinated or something towards their cause. I was beginning to wonder if she maybe could have pulled a Murdoc (If you've seen the episode of MacGyver, Widowmaker, you'd know what I mean hehe) on us and survive against all odds because I didn't think Cryptic would kill her off. Or maybe even Sela knew something and kicked her off for some unknown reason? The plot thickens...
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    mrspidey2 wrote: »
    Recycled well, though. I love the lighting in the Hobus underground base, for example.
    The Herald sphere wasn't recycled, btw. Sure, it used the same assets as the other Dyson Spheres but that is not at all different from all Fed vessels having the same assets in their interiors.

Just saying there was nothing "Jaw Dropping" like being close to sun in "A Step Between Stars" etc ...

Well the "Inside" of the Herald Sphere wasn't recycled, but I'm pretty sure the "Outside" with all these Iconian Ships was from "Sphere of Influence" ... given that seeing all those Iconian Ships probably should have been "jaw-dropping", all I could think of was "Wait I've been here before, isn't this a different Sphere" ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    After the late patch yesterday, the mission played fine now for me. With the old workarounds compared to the actual fix, you'll see you missed out on a short but very major moment in STO.

Anyways... With a *fixed* FE, it's great and far, far better than the previous Zombie-Drama. My only gripes were the old FE bugs disrupting the experience.

Love Sela's "Spartan Kick," BTW.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • gbw2318gbw2318 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just tried to replay this episode and it says 'In Progress' even though I plainly finished it and got the reward. I hail and get VanZyl's initial hail for when you're supposed to be entering the Hobus system, not the original hail that leads you to the Hobus system, and the mission prompt at the Hobus system doesn't appear.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I found it ironic that as I was watching Sela kick Taris, I had the finale of DS9 playing and just as the kick happened, Julian was telling Ezri about the battle of Thermopylae.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
    edited March 2015
    Just tried to replay this episode and it says 'In Progress' even though I plainly finished it and got the reward. I hail and get VanZyl's initial hail for when you're supposed to be entering the Hobus system, not the original hail that leads you to the Hobus system, and the mission prompt at the Hobus system doesn't appear.
    Try flying to Nopada in Psi Velorum. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Taris probably knows more about the Iconians than anyone not a slave race and she isnt exactly undyingly loyal to them. Sela, for all her supervillian-esque nastiness is quite the pragmatist. Yet killing Taris was a waste of a valuable potential resource. Maybe I missed something from the part of the mission that bugged out, because otherwise it makes Sela look impulsive and short-sighted, and we know she's definitely not either of those. It was a poor choice inconsistent with the character.

Sela knows this, so why would she give up all that knowledge when knowledge was the reason for going? especially when Taris was being so submissive? unless of course she already knows more than Taris, who may have let something slip to us had she remained alive. So did Sela really get trapped behind or did she stay on purpose? has she bugged us while we scanning in the sphere? Is our borg comrade still under her control?
    Actually.... I think it's Sela's biggest weakness. She gets aggravated sometimes. Kinda like that dumb plan to attack Vulcan...

I actually like some of Sela's less ruthless, totalitarian and murderous qualities, she a proper 'go to' girl. She's playing a very rich game, the question is, who exactly is she playing?

Such a cool story arc, and i actually enjoyed the mission.. bugs aside.. glad i came back to the game after a lengthy break.
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Sela Kick

They need to fix the clipping on the back shoulders of her attire.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited March 2015

In some ways killing Taris makes perfect sense from the perspective the story presents here; your faction allows Sela leeway simply based on what she knows about the Iconians. Once you run into Taris, another escaped convict, then Sela's usefulness is extremely diminished. So, to keep herself being useful, she eliminates the only other source of Iconian knowledge, guaranteeing that we won't lock her up or kill her so long as she strings us along with what she knows.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Anyone think someone in charge should give the player a line commenting that the Nopada gateway looks different then it did in the arena episode?
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The mission, will still bug out on you, if you try to kill all of the Romulan enemies, without actually entering the rooms they are in.

Found this out the hard way!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

edited March 2015
    captz1pp wrote: »
    Anyone think someone in charge should give the player a line commenting that the Nopada gateway looks different then it did in the arena episode?
    No it doesn't. :P that was retconned too :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I thought that the escape segment would be more epic, but it turned out to be hilariously sad.

Sela: "Fighting is NOT an option!"

*fights anyway, kills Herald*

Not an option? B****, please. If it bleeds, we can kill it. :P
  • bismarck1975bismarck1975 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This mission, though somewhat lacking in real content, was ok. The bigger problem I have with it is Sela's voice acting. It seemed that her tone for most of it did not match the situations in which we heard her say it. It is either a major fail on the VA's part or Cryptic's for not setting her up to the correct situation. Sela's demeanor while talking never matched the situation. Just made the episode less enjoyable.

That all said, I was so happy for some new missions, it was nice to get some fresh content that did not require Super Mario style skills. Replaying Super Mario over and over was freaking annoying to get the Kobali set.....