test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Uneasy Allies Plasma Pistol: Something special

willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
I just tested the Plasma pistol. I am a bit surprised. Its really a normal Plasma Repeater, not different from those we get in the romulan Storyline (and we can buy as common Rarity in the Dyson command Battlezone). Nothing unique like the Kobali Rifle or the Synchronic Proton Rifle or is it connected to the Romulan Set?

So its just rare and Mk XII with average Dmg? I have a high chance of getting a better one if i upgrade a Mk I to Mk XII or buy a upgraded one from the Exchange?
Post edited by willamsheridan on

Comments

• nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    this doesn't surprise me anymore than the fact the romulan ground set doesn't have a weapon tied to it.

there are many romulan weapons from the rep my guess is cryptic thinks we would prefer to use our own
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    One can get some really nice plasma pistols from the Rep tier IV boxes.

Perhaps this one has an interesting appearance of some type? Or maybe it's just filler space, but who would play this mission just to select that reward?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    actually it IS special.

It's the only repeater pistol with [Run].

All the other weapons with [Run] are crafted, but you can't craft Repeaters.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • artemisa0kartemisa0k Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    it would be nice to have a romulan set weapon

a romulan carbine style weapon with :

Primary - 30m range, minigun type cone fire

Secondary - 25m pulsewave, can expose, on exposed target fires a plasma ball similar to blast assault that exploits (creating a patch of plasma fire would be cool if it vapes the target as well)

3rd attack - rather than melee it unleashes the underbarrel mounted romulan plasma flamethrower.

just the thought even of it makes me want to start drooling would be finally a really decent weapon for area suppression with suppressing fire.

wouldn't be terribly op if balanced right either really main attack would do less base damage than normal due to aoe, but align pretty decently with normal offerings in the presence of 2+ target's, ideally the exploit on the 2nd fire mode would have 45m range and the pulsewave mode would be 30m range with the normal pulsewave distance damage scaling.
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I just tested the Plasma pistol. I am a bit surprised. Its really a normal Plasma Repeater, not different from those we get in the romulan Storyline (and we can buy as common Rarity in the Dyson command Battlezone). Nothing unique like the Kobali Rifle or the Synchronic Proton Rifle or is it connected to the Romulan Set?

So its just rare and Mk XII with average Dmg? I have a high chance of getting a better one if i upgrade a Mk I to Mk XII or buy a upgraded one from the Exchange?

The Repeater Pistol isn't the main reward. It's just something they put there for players who, for whatever reason, may not want to at least try the armour and the set. It's not supposed to be the eye-catcher.
  • neuralswapneuralswap Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Honestly i found it a bit bugged, just stun the enemy with all single bullet, target don't have the time to shoot u back before his premature death, also the scene it's pretty hilarious to see this guy suffering so much
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    chipg7 wrote: »
    The Repeater Pistol isn't the main reward. It's just something they put there for players who, for whatever reason, may not want to at least try the armour and the set. It's not supposed to be the eye-catcher.

I know that the Romulan set is the main reward but i think i´ll get the armor for my Boffs tomorrow (just playing one char now) and i was thinking about getting the Repeater after that for some BOffs too. But i´ll think they will keep their current weapons. Runspeed might be good but DPS is better because who wants to run away from a fight (and i have the frosted boots so out of combat i am pretty fast)

And especially with the Armor now i might keep my Bio molecular rifles or AP rifles.

BTW, i didn´t see [Run] on mine, just CritD, CritH
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well, the Romulan had something close to be unique, but they can't have that.They doesn't even have a unique armor set from the Omega rep (or any plasma based set from the last 2, while we have phasers and disruptor), and the first armor set that could have been made one is given to everyone.
    Totally makes sense.

I think this reward is the first of the coming others Romulan unique weapon, coming for everyone else to enjoy. They already said they planned to put them back in the game, when they were removed from the dil store.
    actually it IS special.

You can upgrade them from white to epic... I don't know if this mod is part of the random mod, but I suppose it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The one frustrating thing though is since the set is Shield Armor Kit-Module, you can't throw a complete set on one of your away-team boffs.
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The one frustrating thing though is since the set is Shield Armor Kit-Module, you can't throw a complete set on one of your away-team boffs.

It would've been nice if they'd also give away a universal training manual for your BOFF's that can also complete the set for them.

Also, it'd be nice if they added the Borg Integral Frequency Remodulator as a set bonus to this, so I don't have to use Starfleet/KDF weaponry and armour for my Romulans.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
    edited March 2015
    actually it IS special.

Didn't see that when I examined it in the reward window. I see CrtD and KB3

Maybe it's a random thing?
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    artemisa0k wrote: »
    it would be nice to have a romulan set weapon.

I always wanted a Romulan looking Disruptor (NOT plasma) as a MACO / Honor Guard set weapon .

It'd be a nice nod to the Republic non-Faction to get a weapon that actually looks like something the Romulans would have made -- even if it's a tweak / modification of the Romulan Disruptor Split Beam Rifle .

Sure it may be a pipe dream , but considering that this mission's award looks like they are searching with a flashlight for new ideas , I say why not something like this , that could look well with the myriad of Romulan uniforms in the game ?

... yes , and did I mention it'd need to be a Disruptor, NOT a PLASMA (!!!) for show accuracy ...
    edited March 2015
    aelfwin1 wrote: »

... yes , and did I mention it'd need to be a Disruptor, NOT a PLASMA (!!!) for show accuracy ...

Did they ever say why the Romulans use Plasma in the game when they always used Disruptors in the shows?

Just to be different perhaps?
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    yeah, give EVERYONE a gun that only Romulans used to be able to get AND HAD TO BUY WITH DILITHIUM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sabouma1979sabouma1979 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Mark XII gear, really? I am not happy about this.... :(
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Did they ever say why the Romulans use Plasma in the game when they always used Disruptors in the shows?

Just to be different perhaps?

I guess so ..., considering that prior to the rise of the Romulan Republic , they already had the Romulan Star Empire , the Klingons and their allies and the Borg all using the same green visual FX .

... they even went so far as claiming that the disruptor looking green that the Borg use is actually plasma ... , so go figure ...
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    artemisa0k wrote: »
    it would be nice to have a romulan set weapon
    Why not? Maybe this way the kit would still have a 3-piece set bonus (armor, shield, (weapon OR kit)), so boffs can benefit from the complete package.
    Secondary - 25m pulsewave, can expose, on exposed target fires a plasma ball similar to blast assault that exploits (creating a patch of plasma fire would be cool if it vapes the target as well)
    So, a ground version of the Omega launchers' plasma bolt?
    3rd attack - rather than melee it unleashes the underbarrel mounted romulan plasma flamethrower.
    I offer for consideration an alternative idea, detailed here.

On the other hand, if that secondary was instead the primary (making the mated flamer a secondary), we'd get to call the weapon 'Shake 'n Bake' - especially if it happens to get knockback mods...
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    ... they even went so far as claiming that the disruptor looking green that the Borg use is actually plasma ... , so go figure ...

To be fair the show implied that Borg weapons were plasma based, at least the "ground" ones anyway.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    actually it IS special.

mine did not come with run... unless you mean when you upgrade quality to VR/UR.

mods are also random. the one I got did not match what was listed on the mission rewards listing.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    yeah, give EVERYONE a gun that only Romulans used to be able to get AND HAD TO BUY WITH DILITHIUM.

Everybody could get those very rare versions from the dilithium store before they removed everything from it for the crafting revamp. I know this because all of my characters use the Mk XI Repeater from there as their sidearm, regardless of faction.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited March 2015

You know that changed. It changed when they removed it from the Dil Store and for a long time, was only available on the Romulan ground equipment vendor. And those common ones were unbound. Hell, the common vendor ones when LOR released were unbound and could go anywhere. Not to mention when DR released with the Delta Command zone and the same weapons were sold there without regard to faction specification.
    anodynes wrote: »
    Everybody could get those very rare versions from the dilithium store before they removed everything from it for the crafting revamp. I know this because all of my characters use the Mk XI Repeater from there as their sidearm, regardless of faction.

This too.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I had bought a few of the repeater pistols from the dil store before they removed all the ground items and rather liked them. I also recently upgraded a set of Romulan wide beam plasma rifles from mk 9 common to mk 12 vr. Those turned out nicely, and I'll probably continue those upgrades to mk 14. Haven't bothered with the piercing beam rifles that I've got laying around yet though.
    edited March 2015
    erei1 wrote: »
    You can upgrade them from white to epic... I don't know if this mod is part of the random mod, but I suppose it is.
    Nope. [Run] is normally only available when you actually make the item via crafting it can't be added by upgrading.

Hunh, but apparently the mods are random so hard to say really. (I didn't feel like getting the pistol when I played the mission, so I don't know exactly)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    That pistol is pure garbage because it's BoP.
  • g0rb4gg0rb4g Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Nope. [Run] is normally only available when you actually make the item via crafting it can't be added by upgrading.

Hunh, but apparently the mods are random so hard to say really. (I didn't feel like getting the pistol when I played the mission, so I don't know exactly)

Actually, you can get [run] in the upgrade process. I have a plasma wide beam rifle that picked it up at rare quality.
  • alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    http://109.imagebam.com/download/lrokfIRLHerYDb8XeoezGA/39990/399892093/prp.png

Actually you can get PRP with 2 same mods. In that case it's 2 dmg mods.
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited March 2015

No, the frustrating thing is that the armor is Unique, once per Char so i can´t outfit all of my Boffs with one. And i just used it and my secondery attacks didn´t feel 50% stronger
  • seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    As to people talking about the set, am i the only one that wondered if the 4th item would be in a later episode, like when they recently added cores to some of the older sets?
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
    edited March 2015
    No, the frustrating thing is that the armor is Unique, once per Char so i can´t outfit all of my Boffs with one. And i just used it and my secondery attacks didn´t feel 50% stronger
    It works like a Tac console. It increases the base damage and gets added together with several other boosts.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What REALLY pisses me off...what REALLY grinds my gears about the pistol...is the INTENTIONAL usage of the Cryptic™ throwaway modifiers [Dmg] and [Dot3]. Would it have killed them to use [CritD]? It's almost like they know [CritD] is a superior mod, but heaven forbid you get en effective weapon from a mission for free.

The repeater pistol itself is quite effective and worth it, but not with those crappy mods.
    T93uSC8.jpg