test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Featured Episode - Uneasy Allies

Comments

• berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Two questions and a comment:
    1. Where's the Dev blog about the actual Episode? I see the one for the rewards (in Trendy's OP) but are there any details about the mission? The detail I'm especially missing: should I assume the standard "Level 10 and up can complete this mission during the event"?

2. It doesn't appear there is a gun for the set, but someone earlier posted that there is. Unfounded claim, or am I missing something else?

3. My comment:
    deaks2k4 wrote: »
    Dont get much time with new kid either and this doesn't help!
    If you are letting a game cut into time with your child, you seriously need to reevaluate your priorities.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Captains,

While your feedback is appreciated, I am noticing a few posts that should probably go into the Gameplay Bugs Forum. This is not the right place to post bug reports.

This is: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69

Please read this before posting a bug report: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/announcement.php?f=69&a=171
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • spock1190spock1190 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I agree, it'd be nice if Cryptic would compensate us or something...
    We demand restitution.

#This is the best mission ever and the players love it.
  • qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    really nice mission, i think you have tuned the running time nicely, it provides a proper precursor to S10, requires some thought and is varied enough to keep it interesting, but not too long as to require breaks or cause frustration. it is unfortunate it has the current bugs, but still been able to compete it ok on 3 toons, with the work arounds. looking forward to running it in its entirity, once the issues are resovled.
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just now read the blog. But didn't find any pictures of the armor?
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • nazelnagnazelnag Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    drreverend wrote: »
    You can still throw it on one of your boffs. That's where a lot of my rep sets and the like end up.

it's also composed by a kit, which making a 3 piece set and having a team bonus, means you're bof won't be able to use the full set and give a bonus to the team.

It's sad that they give you good free stuff and you're still sad because of small things like that. :confused:

maybe Bofs could use an extra slot to use kits too, at least for set bonus, there are a few armours that use kit in the set by now.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Not unplayable. It just forces you to beam out, go To Nopada (which takes a while or 50K credits using the Coliseum mission), and then continue to complete.

A couple of other people pointed out that this workaround means you miss out on a few sections of dialogue. I'd prefer to get the full dialogue.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What's the point in restricting the reward item to 'Rear Admiral, Upper Half' (level 45+) when you need to be 60 to get it?

Why not make it available to those of level 45+ like the tooltip indicates it should be...?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What's the point in restricting the reward item to 'Rear Admiral, Upper Half' (level 45+) when you need to be 60 to get it?

Why not make it available to those of level 45+ like the tooltip indicates it should be...?

it's a feature episode so you can be L10 and get it... will get you a mark 2 item. it has free upgrades up to mark 12.

so if the level restrict says L45... you can upgrade it for free at L45, all the way up to mark 12 and use it.
  • lingeringsoul888lingeringsoul888 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    so has anyone actually seen the cutscenes? or someone has a youtube vid of it?

If you go through it without dying, do you get the cutscene?
  • vaylikvaylik Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    anyone else having trouble with her being invisible and or disappearing?
  • lingeringsoul888lingeringsoul888 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    vaylik wrote: »
    anyone else having trouble with her being invisible and or disappearing?

yes....EVERYONE!
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,316 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    A couple of other people pointed out that this workaround means you miss out on a few sections of dialogue. I'd prefer to get the full dialogue.

The remaining dialogue will have to wait until next week or until the next hot fix. Currently it's bugged after Taris falls. The workaround at least lets you finish the FE.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    questerius wrote: »
    The remaining dialogue will have to wait until next week or until the next hot fix. Currently it's bugged after Taris falls. The workaround at least lets you finish the FE.

what work around ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    usscapital wrote: »
    what work around ?

try beaming up and going to the Hopada system and continuing the mission from there, is it not obvious.
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Cryptic, a wee tip; fix this stuff before it goes live. Having such badly bugged content does not do the company or brand image any favours.
    I need a beer.

• ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    questerius wrote: »

Hot fix? Does this in any way effect Dthe supremecy of tactical captains and energy weapons in space? If the answer is no we won't be getting a hot fix.
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Does Quality Assurance know that episodes are being released without anyone looking at them?
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
    edited March 2015
    On a side note... am I the only one who found it totally strange that Admiral Quinn is like "we don't know what's inside this Sphere our scanners can't penetrate... but concidering your notes we think it's the same sphere as the one you were just in...

But when you flew around the outside of the sphere there is a big honkin open door that lets you see right into the center of the sphere and there's nothing inside there but a sun...

Science Officer: Admiral our scanners can't penetrate this thing.. we don't know what's inside it... we're doomed.

Admiral: Oh knows... we're doomed... doomed I say... doomed...

Me: Yo... dumba$$... the doors open... just look inside.
  • subzer0d1videsubzer0d1vide Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    :eek: I JUST got the Delta Set a week ago!!!
    --

"The higher the fewer."
  • pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Is anyone looking into the unplayability of this mission? Has any of the Devs commented? It doesn't make a lot of sense to have a featured event mission that cannot be completed.
    edited March 2015
    pacelli1 wrote: »
    Is anyone looking into the unplayability of this mission? Has any of the Devs commented? It doesn't make a lot of sense to have a featured event mission that cannot be completed.

It can be completed... you only miss out on a few (important?) pieces of dialog... but you can complete it.

If you die in the collimator... you can beam out... fly to Nopada system.. and continue the mission... you go back to when you enter the sphere... but no real progress loss and no dialog loss...

At the end though when you're supposed to talk to Sela... she won't show up... you have to do the same thing... beam out... go to the Nopada system... and continue... but that's where you lose whatever dialog Sela would say to you...

but you can finish the quest and get the reward.
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Theres an emergency maintenance tonight
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ladymyajha wrote: »
    It can be completed... you only miss out on a few (important?) pieces of dialog... but you can complete it.

If you die in the collimator... you can beam out... fly to Nopada system.. and continue the mission... you go back to when you enter the sphere... but no real progress loss and no dialog loss...

At the end though when you're supposed to talk to Sela... she won't show up... you have to do the same thing... beam out... go to the Nopada system... and continue... but that's where you lose whatever dialog Sela would say to you...

but you can finish the quest and get the reward.

I thought it was pretty damn funny when it said

"I SEE YOU"

really you are the only one.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited March 2015
    lol new patch notes say they fixed this episode... but they didnt lol... grats cryptic... for a second there I thought you knew what a hotfix was
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lol new patch notes say they fixed this episode... but they didnt lol... grats cryptic... for a second there I thought you knew what a hotfix was
    that's because they haven't done the emergency maintenance yet
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited March 2015

go back one page and read my post the mission is able to be completed just go to Hobus is it that hard to comprehend.
  • nazelnagnazelnag Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited March 2015

it's another way to "give us stuff" that we need to upgrade again. absurd that we get MK XI at lvl 50 and MK XII at lvl 60.

the repeater pistol weapon procs algo go nuts and change from what was initially displayed, give us a mix of crasy procs we don't want, when it gives procs we like [CritD] [CrtH], it changes to something else we don't want at the time of pick up.
    when we quite/ pick up mission again, to get different procs, now, it doesn't even change the procs, so were stuck with some reward we don't want VS a reward that could happen but it doesn't.
    before, it was possible to drop and pick up the mission, until you get the procs you wanted, now, it doesn't.

soon, they want us to create a new alt, to get certain rewards, i don't have time to waste trying to get the procs i like, on current alts when they're coming up with new ways to make us waste more time.

it's really sad when you get mad at free stuff, but it's true, they create conditions for us to get stuff that looks shiny but it's not really what you want, it's close, but not really what you like, and it looks like bad will, to make you waste more time that necessary with something that should be simple.

:mad: