test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Featured Episode - Uneasy Allies

Comments

• themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This is turning into the best mission ever, the players LOVE it.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ran it 3 times on 3 different toons on 3 difference factions, all of them bugged by the lack of sela in the cinematic and the lack of ability to escape the ledge, but that has probably taken care of itself in the bug section, im certain i dont need to check for it to know its there considering the amount of players getting it.

aside from that, most of the faction helpers, quinn, kererek and j'mpok are amostly the same line repeated by 2 or 3 different voice actors, i have noticed there is a lack of harshness in j'mpok's voice and quinn is usually more sharper spoken, almost as if the voice actors are not living upto their quality.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • captainkroncaptainkron Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Mission has blocked door at laser beams of death trap. Even if you rerun and complete that objective Sela is invis and knocks poor Taris of cliff. So you beam up and back down at Nopada to end story, but miss out on said story. Got my loot so don't care. Well tested before release, par for course. But did I mention I got my loot. so not total fail. LOL
    CibJ7qu.jpg?1
  • zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Are the QA testers pvpers, cause that would explain a lot. :(
  • leod198leod198 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Can not talk to Sela in Gateroom. Secure Gateroom phase cannot be completed.
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Having the same problems with getting stuck behind the door, and Sela not showing up. Beaming out and back into Nopada worked, and looks like the only thing I missed was Sela's last bit of dialogue. Got all the rewards I need to though, and got the finishing cutscene.

The #1 problem seems to be that one door - which has about 1/3rd of it buried in the floor. Is it not opening because the trip sensor to open it is about 2ft below my toon, under the floor? Tried sending my boffs all around to trip the door, but it wouldn't open. Also tried /stuck from several locations at the door and along the main wall, and that didn't get me on the other side either.

For getting stuck behind the door while trying to solve the death-maze, it seems the problem is that you get a new respawn point set the moment you walk into the room. And that respawn point is, of course, on the wrong side of the exterior door.

Great mission otherwise. Hope it's fixed before next week's new reward.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ran it 3 times on 3 different toons on 3 difference factions, all of them bugged by the lack of sela in the cinematic and the lack of ability to escape the ledge, but that has probably taken care of itself in the bug section, im certain i dont need to check for it to know its there considering the amount of players getting it.

aside from that, most of the faction helpers, quinn, kererek and j'mpok are amostly the same line repeated by 2 or 3 different voice actors, i have noticed there is a lack of harshness in j'mpok's voice and quinn is usually more sharper spoken, almost as if the voice actors are not living upto their quality.

You can blame the writing, they're practically identical for each faction, 'cept the roms don't use the the leash analogy. They changed J'mpok's and VanZyl's voices for this mission too.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    I wonder if the genius dev who tested this, got to the collimator part, passed it without dying, and then said:

"Ok, no more battles, this should be ok"

instead of actually checking that Sela was there to talk to so as to not get stuck.

I can understand the die and stuck bug, but the Sela on the ledge dissapearing one should have been obvious in testing this.
  • starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Good voice work by Denise Crosby as always, and a reasonably good story.

However, this mission is really let down by what appears to be a complete lack of QA.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I hope these rewards will stay after the event. I hadn't even got that far in the DR. So I don't want to do this mission until I get caught up. I don't see a uniform? Oh well my Romulan will still enjoy her old TNG one.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    No time to rest from the last event, must grind FE's now.... :eek:
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Good voice work by Denise Crosby as always, and a reasonably good story.

However, this mission is really let down by what appears to be a complete lack of QA.

Cryptic: "Quality Assurance? Polish? We know not of these terms..."
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Golf clap, nothing but a golf clap...

Will try again some other time, after a patch that hopefully fixes the mission.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    zathri83 wrote: »
    Are the QA testers pvpers, cause that would explain a lot. :(

they were probably let go during the staff reductions earlier this month.
  • johnluckpicartjohnluckpicart Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    mugat0 wrote: »
    Update: I figured I would fly to the Nopada system (Psi Velorum sector block). And the continue is there.

Beamed to the planet surface . And a BO pop up..says some things..Mission over and COMPLETE..Beam back to ship..Some scenes of Iconian ship on a shpere like bees on a hive.

Then I'm staring at a BIG grey ball.. Mission is complete in the corner..

Thanks for the workaround, worked for me.

But seriously, Cryptic. Will you ever release something that is bug-free from the start? It's sad. I'm really trying to enjoy this game, trying hard. But there's just so many TRIBBLE-ups...it's sad. Another 30 mins of my life wasted (knocking my head on the keyboard), another le sigh-moment. All accompanied by server disconnects and serious rubberbanding. *sigh*

Anyhow, thanks for the upgrade thingie. Maybe implement something like this to the r+d system? Like, less dil and mat cost in return for no rarity-up chance? Would be a nice add-on methinks.
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Judging from all of the bug reports coming in this thread saying the mission is pretty unplayable, I think I'll pass until next week's patch in the hopes that they get fixed. Makes you wonder why we bother having test servers really.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Judging from all of the bug reports coming in this thread saying the mission is pretty unplayable, I think I'll pass until next week's patch in the hopes that they get fixed. Makes you wonder why we bother having test servers really.

Not unplayable. It just forces you to beam out, go To Nopada (which takes a while or 50K credits using the Coliseum mission), and then continue to complete.
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My biggest annoyance is that it feels like we're missing some dialog where the beamout because Sela is that sneaky.

My longer-term annoyance, less bug-related, is when do we get to see what the heck Voyager was up to while we were dealing with the Temple in Dust to Dust? :)
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • crosis2014crosis2014 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Seriously?

Account server crashing all day

New Mission Crashes at the end.

Pathetic storyline, and a MEH prize.

Grind Monkies appease your cryptic Gods
  • koihimenakamurakoihimenakamura Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The prize is supposed to be gained over replays, in any case, you're also supposed to play for the story.

(In an unrelated note, Cryptic, you might want to work on that entire lack of resources thing for servers.)
  • spock1190spock1190 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hmmm, will have to wait until next week to see what actually happens with the end cut scene. I skipped it and have no wish to replay the mission. Anyway, nice dialogue a little to buggy to be fun though. But yeah, I would absolutely not grind this, for the stupid bombs alone.
  • koihimenakamurakoihimenakamura Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Is the server down again because you're patching the patch or because it's down because you have no idea why it's down?

I bet it's down to due to high demand. Again. To be fair, if that's the case, Cryptic couldn't rapidly fix it. I mean, it'd be nice to say "yes, they're patching it" but they would have announced had that been the case.

ETA: Oh, here's the announcement: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1410381
  • altlexingtonaltlexington Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Played the episode twice now and both time it was bugged and I couldnt finish, now I carnt log back in.
    Tried to go back in with transwarp for 12000EC and it didnt work so I lost that EC for nothing.
  • caltircaltir Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My first attempt at Uneasy Allies (Elite) crashed due to a bug :mad: (I fell through a wall on an Unknown Sphere and then kept respawning OUTSIDE the mission map, which only resulted in more deaths). Reported it, but will they find the time to investigate?

So it killed my enjoyment from this new marvellous untested event. Other than that, Uneasy Allies is a great piece of storytelling, narration, and adventure.