test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Episode - Uneasy Allies

Comments

• hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    szim wrote: »
    Hopefully they are not going to spoil everything in advance again this time. Sela's face on the launcher, STO front page as well as numerous forum threads made it rather hard not to get spoiled about the surprising reappearence in the last featured episode.

That being said I'm very curious how they are going to wrap it all up. How do we fight ships that can deactivate our ships in a blink of an eye, and how do we fight enemies that can vaporize us with a simple gesture?

I'm pretty sure they're going to spoil things well in advance. They have to build up hype after all you know.

Frankly, I'm expecting (with Season 10, rather than this lead-up episode) another new Reputation that's Iconian-based, new special awards, a new queue, and maybe some new ships. Maybe we'll even get some Herald ships.

All I really want though is a playable Iconian "race" or "microfaction" with their own objectives and reasons for helping; but does sacrifice others if it means achieving the goal. If it comes with its on exclusive Herald bundle pack similar to LoR's bundle (the big bundle with all the Rom ships), I'd happily pay for it.
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So the next expansion after Sector Space will be "Age of Aquarius"?

there will be no next expansion. The "story" will be done and the game will auto-pilot after season 10 like Champions until the servers cost more than the revenue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Next time, you guys will think twice before using the destruction of Romulus and the Undine threat as pretexts for war and territory expansion. Karma is a Sela. :P

LOL! Best description ever.
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Great, I'm on vacation next week.
    Not a bad thing, but wish I had picked the first week of April instead.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    B5 called, they want their Shadow War back... :) seriously, can't wait.
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I only hope that I get the change to drag Sela up before a firing squad at the end of the episode.

Won't happen, but I can dream.......
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    there will be no next expansion. The "story" will be done and the game will auto-pilot after season 10 like Champions until the servers cost more than the revenue.

Thank you, Carnak for the prediction.

Fortunately, I predict you're mistaken.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Is this still today? I didn't see it in the patch notes...
  • armitage95armitage95 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    nadiezja wrote: »
    Is this still today? I didn't see it in the patch notes...

As far as I know, they don't usually put the addition of new episodes into the notes.
  • atlmyklatlmykl Member Posts: 305 Arc User1
    edited March 2015
    Lovely. The "romulan set" has massive resistance to plasma. A energy type mostly used by romulans players as a flavor choice on ground. I am pretty sure if this set was truly designed by a romulan it would have extra resist for AP, disruptors and phasers. Kinda surprised the set bonuses do not include +20% AP vs Romulan players...
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    atlmykl wrote: »
    Lovely. The "romulan set" has massive resistance to plasma. A energy type mostly used by romulans players as a flavor choice on ground. I am pretty sure if this set was truly designed by a romulan it would have extra resist for AP, disruptors and phasers. Kinda surprised the set bonuses do not include +20% AP vs Romulan players...

Imperial Rom armor set for forces loyal to Sela... fighting the evil Romulan rebels who use plasma weapons... see it all makes sense for the resist. Also Borgs use Plasma as well.

you might as well complain about borg space sets with plasama resists when feds and klings use phasers and disruptors.
  • rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I got far into the mission, died in the trap room, respawned outside, and couldn't get back in. I exited the mission itself, and now have no option to resume.
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I died and spawned on the wrong side
    http://i.imgur.com/dQ24OLg.png
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Have you tried turning it off and on again?
    w8xekp.jpg
    edited March 2015
    currently no fix/work around to bug if you die in trap... need to drop and do over.
    edited March 2015
    tigeraries wrote: »
    currently no fix/work around to bug if you die in trap... need to drop and do over.

You do not need to drop the mission. the doorway into the mission is changed from the hobus system to the nopada system. you just need to fly 2 sector blocks away to continue
    edited March 2015
    robdmc wrote: »
    You do not need to drop the mission. the doorway into the mission is changed from the hobus system to the nopada system. you just need to fly 2 sector blocks away to continue

Thats if you FINISH the mission and Sela does not spawn.

2 bugs in this FE.

if you die in maze you respawn on other side of locked door.

second is when you finish sela does not spawn, but you can beam up and fly to the system listed in your quest log to continue.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I really liked the mission itself, but the bugs made it a bit frustrating to play through. And I think they need to make it clear that you need to go to Nopada to continue if you leave the mission.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    In all honesty, there should be no need for work arounds. If they don't play test the mission without dev cheats, then they will never know what it's actually like. Also, why do we still have tribble if things are not tested properly on tribble?

They need to take more time and make sure everything works BEFORE releasing things.
    edited March 2015

2 bugs in this FE.

second is when you finish sela does not spawn, but you can beam up and fly to the system listed in your quest log to continue.

When I beamed up after I died in the maze I flew to nepada and continued the mission.
  • warpedcorewarpedcore Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I had the maze death locked door issue. I just logged out and figured id deal with it later.
  • atlmyklatlmykl Member Posts: 305 Arc User1
    edited March 2015
    Imperial Rom armor set for forces loyal to Sela... fighting the evil Romulan rebels who use plasma weapons... see it all makes sense for the resist. Also Borgs use Plasma as well.

you might as well complain about borg space sets with plasama resists when feds and klings use phasers and disruptors.

And a large number of those plasma using romulan players imagine themselves as imperials. Your argument holds water like a sieve.
  • jslatersjslaters Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    for some reason i cant complet the quest sela dissapers:(
  • laneweshlanewesh Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Looks like the mission is bugged for several players after taris fall nothing happens.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,317 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lanewesh wrote: »
    Looks like the mission is bugged for several players after taris fall nothing happens.

There's an unofficial workaround: After Taris falls, beam out and go to the Nopada system (It's in the Psi Velorum sector north of TD).
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited March 2015

2 bugs in this FE.

And both are "fixed" by beaming up... flying to Nopada and resuming the quest...

in the Maze... you start again at the moment you step into the sphere... you lose a bit of time (have to do that stupid console thing again)... but it's not to bad of a roll back...

The other is with Sela and you beam out and when you return you skip Sela's dialog... are back outside of the Nopada base with no idea how you got there... and the mission is compete...

Both bugs are fixed the same way.
  • rush105rush105 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i hope they make the the Iconians a playable faction they could have them be traders to their race and wanna save the alpha quadrant from being annihilated and in the process they could give us icoeain ships and maybe even a gateway that u can use on your ship to fast travel to your star base or your home planet such as earth space dock or new roulas or the Klingon world cant spell it but u get the idea it would be cool to have our varry own gateway it would really be cool to have more then just the bridge of a iconian ship i would like to have all airas of the ship engineering crew quarters and ready room maybe even shattlebay what do u guys think of this idea if u agree please like
  • baldrebaldre Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rush105 wrote: »
    i hope they make the the Iconians a playable faction they could have them be traders to their race and wanna save the alpha quadrant from being annihilated and in the process they could give us icoeain ships and maybe even a gateway that u can use on your ship to fast travel to your star base or your home planet such as earth space dock or new roulas or the Klingon world cant spell it but u get the idea it would be cool to have our varry own gateway it would really be cool to have more then just the bridge of a iconian ship i would like to have all airas of the ship engineering crew quarters and ready room maybe even shattlebay what do u guys think of this idea if u agree please like

Wow, I must say I'm amazed at the long sentence there, lol. As for your Idea, I'm going to say no, I have no more wish to have anyone play or have the ability to work for the Iconians any more than the Borg. They hate us all, we're all inferior puppets that exist for their amusement until we get too powerful, then they sweep the floor and start over, or in the case of the Borg, assimilate us or just kill, it's just how it is. I can't count how many times I heard people asking if they can have Playable Borg and how annoying it is hearing it, it won't happen, they're the bad guys, deal with it...

and Remember to have a great day, :D
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Still bugged.

I cleared the gate room and Sela wasn't flagged to talk to me even though all opponents were dead.

Continuing starts you back on the pad.

Please add more frequent respawn points for these missions.