test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Azure Nebula Rescue Advanced revised is a BIG FAIL

porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
Cryptic,

If you are going to place optionals in this map, at least give us the opportunity to achieve them. As it stands, you have now made ANRA a warp fest as you are not giving us ships with enough points to get 10 points on either the first optional or the second. Each spawn point takes 2 minutes for a new ship, and when you open with three 1's and one 2 (or 5 points), then you will fail first optional. Or on second round a staggering of ships as your mechanics are woefully broken with bugged locations not producing ships, etc. So, you make first optional, but have absolutely no chance at second one. Furthermore, if you are able to do 2 waves of ships on first optional timer, the points do not spill over and count towards second optional. So essentially, you are at the mercy of RNG for second optional as you will ONLY get one wave of ships to get your 10 points. Do you guys even test your changes before releasing them?

We took a pro team of ultra high dps'rs and still could not complete both optionals as you gave us low point ships. Oh, and the only difference between Normal and Advanced now is a measly 10 marks, and maybe the argonite. So there in no incentive to play Advanced as you will fail the second optional, thus only get the same amount of points as on Normal. Why, Cryptic, WHY???

Essentially, you have now just ruined ANRA--great job!!!!
Post edited by porchsong on

Comments

• Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    1) Calm down. It's just a game.

2) No one tests on Tribble anymore, soooo no useful feedback gets sent to Cryptic. They wouldn't listen anyway.

3) It was mentioned in the blogs... which I am sure you read... you do know how to read right... it was mentioned that this is a work in progress and things will be adjusted as we play.

4) Did I tell you to calm the $*(@ down? Because reasons?
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yup, didn't see that coming.

Nope, completely out of the blue.

Can't think of a single other instance in the game where the RNG can cause a team to fail a mission.

Sounds completely fair and balanced to me.

*Too much sarcasm?* :P

(At least in this case it's only optionals and you can actually complete the overall mission. You just get lousy rewards.)
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I don't think y'all are paying attention to what porchsong is saying.

The groups we're talking about never had any issue completing ANRA before.

Now even the groups that had no issues with ANRA are unable to get the optionals.

That's just silly if they want to make it more accessible.
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    themarie wrote: »
    1) Calm down. It's just a game.

(...)

4) Did I tell you to calm the $*(@ down? Because reasons?

And people wonder why the forum has a poor reputation.

porchsong provided specifics; major kudos for that. This isn't a rant for rant's sake. And personally speaking, porchsong has provided some good insights on STO in the past.

Thank you, porchsong.

Let's hope the Devs come to similar conclusions soon -- and make additional fixes.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Worse thing is, the ships are still glitching out! This has been a problem for a long time and it's still present! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    thibashthibash Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    tucana66 wrote: »
    And people wonder why the forum has a poor reputation.

porchsong provided specifics; major kudos for that. This isn't a rant for rant's sake. And personally speaking, porchsong has provided some good insights on STO in the past.

Thank you, porchsong.

Let's hope the Devs come to similar conclusions soon -- and make additional fixes.
    Maybe he should reword the title of his post then. 'Feedback' is a lot less agressive than 'BIG FAIL'. Especially when the developers specifically mentioned they intend to use the mission for testing and make adjustments later. There's no need to come down on them this hard.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It is a valid point. The 10 points is harder than free 3 ships in 3 minutes.
    Basically now you must free 5 in 5 minutes AND hope none of these are 1 pointers.
    If they are you would have to free 6 in 5 minutes which may not be physically possible given
    the absence of ships spawning for a good 30 seconds or more.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    thibash wrote: »
    Maybe he should reword the title of his post then. 'Feedback' is a lot less agressive than 'BIG FAIL'. Especially when the developers specifically mentioned they intend to use the mission for testing and make adjustments later. There's no need to come down on them this hard.

The title is spot on: ANRA is a Big Fail in its current state. It is basically impossible to get both optionals. As for not failing the mission b/c you didn't get 3 ships in 3 mins--that was never an issue for me, or those I fly with. But now, no one can get both optionals.

This is why they have tribble. Cryptic did not release this on their test server first. Had they, I (and several others) would have let them know immediately that it was a fail.

Holodeck is NOT a test server. The fact that you are ok with that is a big reason why we have so many problems with the game. Holodeck is essentially a beta test site now for Cryptic. Holodeck is suppose to be the "polished" aspect of the game. When things arrive there, they are not supposed to be broken to this extent. So, until we make a big enough stink regarding substandard releases on Holodeck, Cryptic will continue to release garbage on it. Aren't you a little tired of ALL the bugs that exist on Holodeck?
  • Options
    jjdezjjdez Member Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I think I know what's coming next...

"Until further testing and adjustments can be made, we have decided to remove the Azure Nebula Rescue queue from Holodeck. Stay tuned for more information as we continue to develop and improve this PvE event." ~Cryptic

...gets tossed in pile with NWS.
  • Options
    jrq2jrq2 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I must agree with the OP. the game is really set up to fail before you even get a chance to reach your first target.

I understand that this is a work in progress, but common, how did the lack of not enough points in the 1st spawn not come up or the amount of time it takes to respawn new mobs also not come up. These are the basics of the mission.

Even a well-equipped and well skilled team could not achieve 1 first optional if the first round of ships ended up with 4 points.

Even if you solo each mob it would still take you ~40 sec to free the ship from the tractor beams and there is no way around that if you split the team into 4 to get it done faster.

It looks like Cryptic failed to do basic math when they came up with this new concept.

They failed to factor in the “what if” the NPC generator spawned Four 1 point ships or three 1 point ships and one 2 point ship and the next spawn did not spawn enough point to get them the 1st optional.

They also failed to factor in the travel time to each mob 20- 35 sec (depending on a players gear and location)

The time it would take to kill the mob (10sec- 1 min+) (depending on players gear and skill)

And the time it would take to free the ship. (~40 sec solo ~20sec with two ~10 sec with four ships) provided they were all in perfect sync when they started the disable tractor beam process.

All of this should have been looked at in the very beginning during the concept stag of plaining.

None of these mistakes should have entered Holodeck.

So yes it was a BIG FAIL on Cryptic part
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I honestly cannot understand Cryptic's mentality about modifying something that's ALREADY bugged.

This most recent FE proves that QA is all but non-existent in this game and now they start to modify bugged queues?

This wont end well.
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So the optionals are luck-based? So what? It's just some marks.

I wouldn't even want more marks as long as converting them into dil ore feels like cleaning toilets with a toothbrush. :mad: For leveling reps, the daily bonus box is more than enough.

"BIG FAIL" is a huge exaggeration.
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited March 2015
    I just cannot see how this can get past any type of playtesting

Well at least the type of playtesting I would do
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    I knew about the spawn rate issue, but I thought Cryptic would have known better.

Oh well, seems they can't count.

Cryptic - Change the spawn rate to 30 secs after freeing the last ship, problem solved.
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    I knew about the spawn rate issue, but I thought Cryptic would have known better.

Oh well, seems they can't count.

Cryptic - Change the spawn rate to 30 secs after freeing the last ship, problem solved.

Yeah, and at least, please, let them spawn :D I did a run yesterday night with dps-50k channel and 3/4 of the spawns were bugged, so no chance to get optionals. Please, fix this!
  • Options
    xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Putting aside the obvious bugs and issues, I'm calling this proof of concept, if you will, a success.

Most pugs/puggers still are clueless as to how to run the mission, making it more difficult than it need be.

Only premades are likely to ever see maximum rewards.

However, in whatever way you approach the mission, you can still acquire the necessities and not completely waste your time.

The only change I might suggest (again, aside from the obvious issues), is upping the mark rewards for completing the optionals, to make it more rewarding if you do go in with a premade. I might even go so far as to put all mark rewards behind the optionals, to try to encourage teamwork and a proper understanding of how to run the mission.

Being that all marks can be acquired either outside of the queues or in easier versions of them, this should not be an obstacle to anyone's progression.
  • Options
    robyvisionrobyvision Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's not a fail. I'm fine with it as long as I get the argonite gas.:P